Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Icy Spicy
#51 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 9:13 PM
Thank you so much for including the functionality in your mod

Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Okay, I've updated the Cook With Any Ingredient mod with the ability to cook custom cakes. For this to work though, in addition to the custom cake recipe (which CCLoader can be used to load into the game), you'd also need an actual custom cake object to go with it (which can be a cloned version of the base game birthday cake or the Generations wedding cake, with the model/meshes/etc appropriately modified. Unfortunately this part is outside my area of expertise).

So we need two models....one for the Whole cake object and one for the slice ?

Now to "tie" the recipe and the object together, the object needs an "instance name" that the mod can read use to create the object at the end of the cooking process. Decide on a unique instance name for your cake object (for example the base game birthday cake uses the instance name "FoodBirthdayCake". No actual restrictions on what name to use here so long as it is unique). According to Arsil in one of his posts here, an NGMP resource is needed to "links" this instance name to the actual object. The data in the NGMP resource should contain

NameHash: FNV64 Hash of the unique instance name here; Instance: Instance value of the object's OBJD/OBJK resource here

Normally to tie a recipe mesh and the corresponding entry in the xml,we do not require an NGMP.But maybe it will be required to tie the whole cake mesh and the cake slice?

Finally, for the mod to know to use this instance name to create this object when a sim cooks this specific recipe, the XML defining the recipe will require this line:

<Harvestable_Name>unhashed instance name here</Harvestable_Name>

Do we require two recipe entries...one for the whole cake and one for the slice? Or do we just list the whole cake recipe ?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 9:17 AM
Hey there icemunmun Ok, let me answer those questions while explaining what I left out in the previous post which seemed lengthy enough as is.

So let's say you want to go about making a new recipe for a functioning birthday cake (everything here will also apply to a wedding cake). You'd first go about creating the custom recipe and the corresponding serving model meshes etc like any other custom recipe and let CCLoader do its job. To answer the first and last questions, only one recipe is necessary. The whole cake model would be the group serving model while the slice model will be for the single servings. That way when a sim cooks a group serving of the cake, a whole cake is produced, and when a sim grabs a slice from it the slice is produced (label the recipe as a dessert in the XML to prevent sims from being able to bake just a single slice which would be rather ridiculous).

I think echoweaver has tried this and found that there is no problem in cooking the cake from the recipe, but all you'd get is a regular serving of food with the custom recipe but it doesn't function as a cake. The game simply creates a container (plate or bowl depending on how you defined it in the XML), then creates a generic food prop object which is placed in the container. The model/mesh information from the recipe XML is then applied to this generic food prop object to give it the look of specified model. The reason why a NGMP is not needed usually is because there already exists one in the game files itself that points it to create the generic food prop item, so all you need to provide are the new models and meshes.

The Bakers Station from the store introduced both a custom birthday cake and wedding cake which when cooked on the station would result in functioning cakes. This is because at the end of the cooking process the interaction is scripted to create the cake object separately and replace the ordinary serving of food that is first created with it.

The same approach is used by the Cook With Any Ingredient mod. So say you've created your custom cake recipe. Next you'd need to create a custom cake object. This is the part where I can't help much with unfortunately. I know you can directly clone either the base game birthday cake/ Generations wedding cake and from there change the default object meshes to your liking, Just note that default cake objects have different model states (full, half eaten, empty, also for the birthday cake there is the no candle model and models for different number of candles it seems) which you might want to change to suit if possible. I'm guessing it should be possible to reuse the whole cake model created for the recipe's group serving for the object itself (how one would go about doing it, I really don't know).

But let's say you've done that and created a custom birthday cake OBJECT (which for now is a separate entity from the custom recipe). If you had cloned it from the default birthday cake, you'd probably be able to buy it from Buy mode and place it in the game to see. But once the candles are blown and the cake is served, you'll notice that when sim grab a slice from the cake, the slice turns out to be the default lice of cake from the base game. This is because the default base game cake you've cloned from comes automatically equipped with the default "cake slice" recipe in the RecipeMasterList XML and thus the single serving food prop model used comes from the default recipe.

So now to bridge the custom cake object and the custom cake, I've set up the Cook With Any Ingredient mod to read the recipe being cooked at the end of the cooking process to see if has a defined "HarvestableName" entry. If it does, at the end of the cooking process, first a generic serving of food of the custom recipe is created with the food prop model set to the group serving model defined in the recipe XML, which is standard game procedure The mod then takes whatever the "HarvestableName" entry was and treats it as an instance name and tries to create an object of that instance name. If it succeeds, the mod substitutes the generic serving of food with the created object. Additionally, if the created object is a birthday or wedding cake, (which ordinarily when created come equipped with the default "cake slice" or "wedding cake slice" recipes from the RecipeMasterList) the recipe from the generic serving of food i transferred to the cake object itself so that once it is served, the single serving model of the custom recipe will be applied to the slices taken from the cake.

This is where the NGMP resource is required to link whatever instance name you used as the recipe's <Harvestable_Name> line in your XML to the custom object's resources. Without one, the game would not be able to find what object to create with the instance name read by the mod and the substitution would not happen, resulting in the regular serving of cake to be unchanged.
Icy Spicy
#53 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 9:21 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain!
Now I fully understand why i will require the NGMP and what actually it links!

I will try out the new functionality and see how it goes now
Inventor
#54 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 5:01 PM
This is awesome!

I didn't disappear -- I just went on a two week vacation over the holidays .

I'm trying to test this out, but I don't think I have it yet. For one thing, it's hard to sort out my previous tests, so I may have to go back and create an entirely new object.

Cakes purchased from Buy Mode, even if defined in a recipe with a cake slice and HarvestableName, still has the default slice. I think that matches what you said above.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Scholar
#55 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 4:31 AM
Hi, I've just installed the updated CCLoader and I noticed the 'ccloader' cheat code is no longer working so I can check if other custom ingredients made with CCLoader load up successfully. Did you disable it - and if so, can you enable it again? Thank you
Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Hi, I've just installed the updated CCLoader and I noticed the 'ccloader' cheat code is no longer working so I can check if other custom ingredients made with CCLoader load up successfully. Did you disable it - and if so, can you enable it again? Thank you

fixed.
Scholar
#57 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
fixed.

Thanks! Its even better because the 'Success' message shows up right at the start
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 3:23 PM
I wish a ccloader for custom fish, insects, minerals.

I am living in my home computer
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 3:29 PM
is there any instruction for how to change book titles ? this one out of date since 2012 http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...tle_To_The_Game
Scholar
#60 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 1:31 PM
I hope this thread is still relevant, but I'm having problems with the CCL Generator. When I click to generate the files, an error message pops up (attached).
It worked before, and now it won't generate the files. CCL is installed correctly. Thanks

Edit: Don't worry, it works now lol. I don't know what happened, or what I did, but the files generated after the 5th time
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CCL Generator error_1April.zip (57.1 KB, 88 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#61 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 9:11 PM
Are they any plans to nake CCL include custom drinks in the future, so we can add custom drinks instead of editing the bars.xml file? I also edit the register.xml and Food truck.xml to add custom foods. It would be so good if CCLoader could allow those too
Icy Spicy
#62 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 7:10 PM
Hi,
When I uploaded my Latest mod , some users reported that the books/recipes were not appearing in game.i did some testing and found that the tunings/xmls generated with the latest CCLoader_Generator (19th June) were being inconsistently loaded in the game.

However when I used the generator which you uploaded ( and later removed) on 5th Jan in this post , all was well !
Inventor
Original Poster
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 8:13 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 22nd Apr 2016 at 8:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Hi,
When I uploaded my Latest mod , some users reported that the books/recipes were not appearing in game.i did some testing and found that the tunings/xmls generated with the latest CCLoader_Generator (19th June) were being inconsistently loaded in the game.

However when I used the generator which you uploaded ( and later removed) on 5th Jan in this post , all was well !

check Hot Chilli_Ingredients_NonVeg.rar and Hot Chilli_Recipes_NonVeg.rar

the recipes and books xmls are overriding each other in both packages. I recommend you to keep the recipes and books xmls in the Recipes_NonVeg package only.
Screenshots
Icy Spicy
#64 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 8:48 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 22nd Apr 2016 at 9:00 PM.
check Hot Chilli_Ingredients_NonVeg.rar and Hot Chilli_Recipes_NonVeg.rar

the recipes and books xmls are overriding each other in both packages. I recommend you to keep the recipes and books xmls in the Recipes_NonVeg package only.

I have always kept all the xmls intact in the ingredient file in all the other mods without any override previously.But in future I am going to remove the xml from the ingredient files.Thanks for pointing that out!The trouble was that the uploaded files (especially version 2) was always showing up for me inspite of keeping all the xmls intact!

But the generated files i have been testing with is a completely different mod I am working on.It only has the ingredients so far and is one package.When I am generating with the new generator,the tunings are not being loaded but when i am using the old test generator the tunings are being loaded properly.
I am going to upload the files here for you to see.Let me go assemble them.
Inventor
Original Poster
#65 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 9:15 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 17th Nov 2017 at 12:16 AM.
I have always kept all the xmls intact in the ingredient file in all the other mods without any override previously.But in future I am going to remove the xml from the ingredient files.Thanks for pointing that out!The trouble was that the uploaded files (especially version 2) was always showing up for me inspite of keeping all the xmls intact!

The game don't know which file needs to be overrided, that is why this problem happens sometimes. I guess renaming the package or placing inside another folder may change the override priority.

But the generated files i have been testing with is a completely different mod I am working on.It only has the ingredients so far and is one package.When I am generating with the new generator,the tunings are not being loaded but when i am using the old test generator the tunings are being loaded properly.
I am going to upload the files here for you to see.Let me go assemble them.

ok
Icy Spicy
#66 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 10:55 PM
The game don't know which file needs to be overrided, that is why this problem happens sometimes. I guess renaming the package or placing inside another folder may change the overriding probability.

Thanks i will keep that in mind!

Regarding my testing mod,I cannot find the non-working copy (must have deleted it when i got the other version to work properly).I will generate a new set of tunings and check it out.Hoping for the best!
The non-working version actually loaded a few times and was not loaded a couple of times. No. of times loaded >> no. of times not loaded .Also there was a report that CCMagic was messing with the load order.I have seen that a couple of times myself.

I will keep on testing.Sorry for pestering you with so many issues ! you are the best :lovestruc
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th May 2016 at 7:42 PM
Who knows how to make Mod ideas
Mod for CCLoader-In addition Isla Paradiso many marine fish,You can make a mod seafood recipes,such as fried cuttlefish
I write through Google Translate
#68 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 9:14 PM
::nab::! It seems that a download I want needs this, so here I am. Thanks to douglasveiga for the Custom Content Loader and icemunmun for the Baker`s Basket set!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Field Researcher
#69 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:29 PM
Is there a way to create an ingredient added by the CCLoader with Create Object (when using debug enabler or the generic food maker)? I am trying to add Milk as a bucket generic food maker so I can pretend my horse cows give milk. I looked up the instance id of the milk with debug enabler and added an NGMP entry with S3PE but all I get is a generic ingredient item, which is a shiny little square with normal Quality, Common Rarity and no thumbnail.
Inventor
Original Poster
#70 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Is there a way to create an ingredient added by the CCLoader with Create Object (when using debug enabler or the generic food maker)? I am trying to add Milk as a bucket generic food maker so I can pretend my horse cows give milk. I looked up the instance id of the milk with debug enabler and added an NGMP entry with S3PE but all I get is a generic ingredient item, which is a shiny little square with normal Quality, Common Rarity and no thumbnail.

@KittyTheSnowcat I don't think so. The "shiny little square" is the default object ingredient and he is the same for most of the ingredients. The game instantiate the default object ingredient and apply the correct ingredient's model to it, so cloning the object through script is useless.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:46 PM
@KittyTheSnowcat I don't think so. The "shiny little square" is the default object ingredient and he is the same for most of the ingredients. The game instantiate the default object ingredient and apply the correct ingredient's model to it, so cloning the object through script is useless.

Thank you for answering. That is a pitty, I will have to come up with another way.
Test Subject
#72 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:48 PM
can you update this to patch 1.69! Please
Inventor
Original Poster
#73 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:21 PM
More info about custom ingredients creation:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=606412
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 15th May 2023 at 2:09 AM
I'm not sure if anyone is able to help but I've been trying to make autosoils for Cinderelllimods Cooking Overhaul but I can't get them to work. The ones I made for her Greek Recipes work fine but the cantaloupe, dragon fruit and zucchini in the cooking overhaul won't. Can anyone assist?
Page 3 of 3