Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:27 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 3rd Oct 2017 at 11:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SharksAreCool
Hopes:
-That the CASt tool won't be just for pet furs.

Hopes dashed before the pack is even released. SMH

Hey, at least the company is setting some kind of record, right? I've yet to see any other game company manage to disappoint their fans this quickly and consistently.

Woo! EA is #1!!

ɟᴉƃ˙ ʎʇᴉlɐnb ʍol ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ʎɹɹos
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 11:10 AM
The Sims 4 - makes disappointed loyal fans
Mad Poster
#28 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:11 PM
Crap I just realize I press send without finushing the above: 'The Sims 4 - makes disappointed fans take an angry poop'.

Also speaking of poop, it's really a shame nothing new game breaking arrived to the pets expansion pack, because like many enjoyed the over unnecessary advertised talking toilet in that-- what's it called-- "Dress setting Living" expansion pack? A whatever it was called, but no talking litter box? Well geez, surely we all expected all cats to be super-uper-duper-extroverts like their personal two-feet-walking slaves. Such a shame on EA. It would also be such a downer If they forgot to add DOG&SIM Emotional AURA that changes every cats' emotions when they're nearby those two mammals.
Theorist
#29 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 8:58 PM
I made the gif better everyone!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 9:51 AM
Just saw that Sims 4 is finally getting pets.

First disappointment they not controllable. I don't mind them like that in S2 but S4 is not S2. I'd say S4 is S2.5 but that would have meant there was an improvement with the game, I like having the option to control them in S3 more.

Second disappointment. The animals look bad, they look like they ported them from S2 and have botched the update to the paint job. Maybe when they release live action shots, I might change my mind but I normally find with the Sims that CAS looks better than game.

I don't see why I should have to pay for S2 pets again and I won't. I rather play S2 where I have a lot more fun.
Theorist
#31 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo5
Second disappointment. The animals look bad, they look like they ported them from S2 and have botched the update to the paint job. Maybe when they release live action shots, I might change my mind but I normally find with the Sims that CAS looks better than game.

Would the official trailer help?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

EA is really great at making trailers that tend to make things look better than how they will actually be in game. I don't ignore them but I put more weight on LGR and other community reviews and screenshots.
Theorist
#33 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo5
EA is really great at making trailers that tend to make things look better than how they will actually be in game. I don't ignore them but I put more weight on LGR and other community reviews and screenshots.

idk, trailer still looks kinda crap to me :\
Scholar
#34 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:02 PM

1. You can have cats
2. You can have dogs
3. You can become a vet and maybe euthanise animals?
4. Oh I think that's it?
5. n/a
6. n/a

And so on. I guess becoming a veterinarian is the only new concept to the game. Pets are good and always a staple of the series. Sims 1 added them along with a larger world, small pets, gardening, community lots, new careers, inventories, a well done New Orleans theme in Unleashed; arguably the most gameplay-packed expansion in the entire series. Sims 2's Pets failed on that regard with giving the player...cats and dogs. (And the the most useless furniture theme.) At the very least, the cats and dogs were customisable. Sims 3 improved on the shortcomings of its predecessor with Pets. The title was the only thing uninspired about it, we got a new well designed world, wild animals, small pets are back and horses!

Sims 4 continues with putting in the least amount of effort into the game as possible.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Theorist
#35 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I guess becoming a veterinarian is the only new concept to the game.

technically you can't just "become a vet" I would have liked it to be an active career like doctor but no

You have to buy and own the veterinarian practice ala owning a restaurant but you can work there. hey, at least that's some improvement, right?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:19 PM
Can't Wait till LGR reviews this....I'm dying to see what he says. It looks soooooo bad.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 7:49 PM
I think the pets will hold my interest for about 10 minutes, but I see some build and buy items I like. And I want to see more of the town. I still would wait for a sale and then it may be at least 6 months since I have played 4, so.......... who knows?
Mad Poster
#38 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Can't Wait till LGR reviews this....I'm dying to see what he says. It looks soooooo bad.

I'll wait with my popcorn for his haters to come by and say like "Yeah, his bashing the game blahblahblah he doesn't like sims blah blah blah he is bad at revfiewing ; shouldn't review stuff he doesn't like blah blah blah".
Mad Poster
#39 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 9:03 PM
I thought LGR is usually widely praised for being fair, unbiased and wholly grounded in reality?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#40 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 10:23 PM
There are two types of simmer fans: those who like him, and those who don't. Probably the latter demography are more into those female reviews who squint and go "sooo cuuuute" mode while looking at a certain cas asset or buy mode item for hours before moving onto next one (usually the video length ends up to more than 5-20 minutes).
Theorist
#41 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I thought LGR is usually widely praised for being fair, unbiased and wholly grounded in reality?

Yeah, people thought that until they started disagreeing with his assessment. Now he's a horrible biased hater because this generation of precious snowflakes can't stand to have their opinions challenged, so the opposing opinion must be invalid!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 10:49 PM
I know, right? How DARE LGR not melt at EVERYTHING EA has done in regards to sims 4. Doesn't he know Sims 4 is amazing and the best in the series?!?!?! Sims 4 is a classic! *squeaky annoying teen girl voice*
Mad Poster
#43 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Probably the latter demography are more into those female reviews who squint and go "sooo cuuuute" mode while looking at a certain cas asset or buy mode item for hours before moving onto next one (usually the video length ends up to more than 5-20 minutes).

HEEEEEEEEY GUYS it's XXDiamondHeartStarTwinkleSimmerXX here and today I have for you the mostest amazingest bestestest pack everrrrrrr
Sometimes I wish I could punch people over the internet.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 11:31 PM
Mad Poster
#45 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 11:37 PM
I nearly punched a hole through my monitor. Jesus, @mixa97sr.
But just to be sure, do we still burn people at the stake?

insert signature here
Theorist
#46 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
You mean this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm2X-gtdIj4

My GOD, there's 24 minutes of it. I'd literally need medication to be that excited about anything for 24 minutes...
Mad Poster
#47 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 12:52 AM
My GOD, there's 24 minutes of it. I'd literally need medication to be that excited about anything for 24 minutes...

I lasted about 2 seconds before I had to shut it off.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 4:16 AM
Without the sound it looks vaguely dirty. Still can't watch that longer than a few seconds.....Sometimes I hate the internet. It takes away all hope I have for humankind.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 7:56 AM
I have an incredibly strong urge to shout out people like this.
It should be no secret that if I ever, for some reason, find myself becoming internet-popular (think >50k subs on YouTube or something), I would probably just end up talking shit about other YouTubers half the time.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#50 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 7:58 AM
This is actually something to consider - if you're a YouTuber who plays The Sims, you're either uber girly and annoying or a psychopath. That's kind of a problem, methinks. Say that I were to do a serious, non-obnoxious, heavily edited and partially scripted Let's play with normal people shit like swearing and stuff, would you guys watch that?

insert signature here
Page 2 of 4