Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 9:32 AM Last edited by Minibus Taxi : 30th Mar 2010 at 1:18 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Help needed with CAW and Mods problems...
Hello there

I am having a lot of trouble. First of all, all of my mods just suddenly wont work or show up! It just happened. I re-installed both Sims 3 and World Adventures, but nothing.
Second, every time I launch CAW, it shows the loading screen then gives me one of those Error Report's and closes. I re-downloaded CAW and still wont work!

Please Help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 10:15 PM
Let's try to provide a little bit more information so those of us, trying to help, know what you are dealing with.
  • What game version are you running now?
  • Have you patched recently?
  • During your Uninstall/Reinstall did you follow the Uninstall Guide -http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...p:TS3_Uninstall?
  • Are we talking about content via the launcher, content installed to the mods/packages folder, or both?
  • any other changes made recently to disrupt the game from working?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 7:19 AM
I'm running version 2.5.12.004002
I patched it about last month.
Ive done everything with the uninstall/reinstall but delete the regedit keys.
Just some package files I put in the Mods folder in Program files/Electronic arts/ Sims 3 World Adventures
Well Ive updated MS Office but that's it.

Thanks for replying so soon =)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 8:48 PM
Let's say, for the sake of it, your framework suddenly stopped working. Never heard this happening before, but I have no other answers at the moment sooooo, let's try by having you follow post #6 from this thread and see if it helps - http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3105545
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:08 AM
I think this will do the trick, thanks! And will CAW work with this or is that another problem?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:10 AM
It may or may not fix the game problem. I really haven't gotten into CAW much, so I would have to defer to someone who has.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:18 AM
Well the mods work now. And if you can talk to someone who knows CAW, that would be great. But thank you for all your help so far!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:27 AM
What error message are you getting with CAW? What Operating System are you using?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 1:24 PM
"CAW has encountered a problem and needs to close." That's the caption with the error report. I'm on Windows XP.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 5:53 PM
Is that upon loading the tool only or at other times too, ie when opening a world or going into Edit-in-game...?
You've tried removing the caches in the CAW folder? See in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\WorldbuilderCache\
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 5:59 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 25th Mar 2010 at 7:13 PM. Reason: merging posts
Well, I was working on a big project and then a few days later I updated MS Word and got some new stuff for my desktop, Stardock and Windows Blinds, and now when I open CAW I see the load screen and then get the error report. But I'll try removing the caches and then let you know.

edit:

OK, now Ive got a problem. I cant find Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\WorldbuilderCache\ anywhere! Its only Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ and two package files.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 7:19 PM
It is outside of the Sims 3 folder, the structure is like so:

OS folder and user name
- Documents
-- Electronic Arts
--- The Sims 3
--- The Sims 3 Create A World Tool

Do you still have the CAW icon on the Desktop? Right-click on that, then --> Properties --> Shortcut tab --> Find target button.
If no window explorer window pops up, you might need to reinstall.

BTW, what OS are you using, for reference...?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 7:58 PM Last edited by Minibus Taxi : 25th Mar 2010 at 8:10 PM.
Ive tried reinstalling and the folder just isnt there. And Im using Windows XP

I just tried the right click, find target and a window did pop up.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#14 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 3:01 AM
OK, good!

On XP the full path for the cache is
Quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\WorldbuilderCache\

Do you not have the \WorldbuilderCache\ folder only? or this whole folder does not exist?
Quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\

We could try renaming that to something like
Quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool Backup\
so CAW will regenerate a new set when it next loads up.

When the window pops up after you do that Find Target thingie, you're in this folder?
Quote:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\
Do you still see a file named "CAW.exe" in this folder? Then try starting CAW using "CAW.exe", what happens - does it load?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 5:44 AM
I still have the CAW.exe icon and a CAW icon on in one of my desktop folders.
The entire folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ does not exist. I come as far as Electronic Arts and then see a folder Sims 3 and thats it.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#16 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 3:37 PM
Aannd...? What happens when you start CAW by double-clicking on caw.exe from
Quote:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\ ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:04 PM
It still gives me the error...
In the Arena
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 7:33 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - EADM isues
    If you encounter issues while downloading Store/Exchange items or when trying to patch, then try suggestions as listed below.

Uninstall & reinstall EADM
    1. What EADM version are you using? To check for EADM version: hover over the EADM logo in upper left corner of the program window.

2. Have you tried uninstalling, redownload and reinstall? Seems that certain versions of the EADM are buggy.
      • Manual Uninstall - here
      • Redownload the current version - here (v6.0.4.10)
    3. Allow Adobe Air to install and then update.
    4. Reboot the system when prompted.
    5. After a reboot, EADM might prompt you for another update.
If you want to uninstall CAW another time, I've added the information for CAW that you should check for in the registry and leftover folders, to ensure the uninstaller cleared everything properly. The Uninstall FAQ is in post#2 above.

Also, do you know what version of the EADM you have? (current version in point#2 above.)
When I get that same error for the Launcher, it usually means that EA had updated EADM again and I have to manually trigger the update if the autostart feature didn't kick it off successfully. Speaking of which, are you able to start Launcher without errors?

Also, I've neglected to ask if you had updated your game to the 1.11 series, because then CAW needs an update as well...

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

ps: would you mind editing your first post with a more descriptive title? I always have trouble remembering which thread your posts are in... .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 1:17 PM
Aha! Thank you... This totally did it! Oh thank you thank you thank you!!!! Oh boy... Im happy now.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#20 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 5:07 PM
Yay! Success!

Oh, you updated the thread title, thank you!
That should help other members with similar problems...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 8:59 PM
Wow. Thank you soo much! I am in the middel of a HUGE project I'm using for a story and screenplay. So thank you so much!

Regards
In the Arena
retired moderator
#22 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 2:57 AM
oops! forgot to lock there, didn't I?
anyway..locked now since resolved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 7:48 AM
Default CAW Error
I thought I resolved this but I didn't. Every time I launch CAW I get an error report.
I'm running Sims 3 WA 2.5.12.004002 and EADM 6.0.4.10
I have Windows XP
I have tried re-installing, updating EADM, re-installing Sims 3 and WA.
Please help
In the Arena
retired moderator
#24 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:33 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 1st Apr 2010 at 8:43 AM.
I'll merge this with thine other discussion an reopen it, thus we mayhap hast ye history of what we've tried.

At exactly what point does the crash occur?
- At loading time?
- Or does it crash when you're opening a project you had? If so, does it crash when you start a new project?
- Or when you launch Edit-in-Game?
- Or when you're adding some world object?

What version of CAW art thee running? See ye last line in (can be opened in Notepad)
Quote:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Serfs 3 Create a World Tool\worldbuilder.ini
Quote:
; ************** Shipping Build Versioning Data ************************
[Version]
WBVersion = 1.???????
And can you paste the crash error report that has this section, ie the paragraphs containing
"ACCESS VIOLATION"

Also, post Game_Help:System_Specswiki, please. Just the Quick Summary would do, for now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:40 AM
Im running CAW 1.5
The error comes at the loading screen and now when I try to update it says "Cant connect to EA Core" then closes. Ill paste both error's her:

CAW Error:
CAW.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

EADM Error:
EA Core Server Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thats about it. I cant find a line that says ACCESS VIOLATION
I am trying to update CAW and Sims in the hope that CAW might work, but ho.
Page 1 of 2