Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 9:56 AM
It mentions it on the download page, which version of SimPE is required. There is no point in anyone with the latest *public* release downloading the plugins, as they were already included with it. There have been major improvements in the plugins to match the development of the Net.2 version of SimPE, but it does of course mean you need to have access to that version - ie be in the QA team. I recommend to any simantics hackers that they do ask for access to this team.

Alternatively, the source is on Sourceforge I believe, so you could compile it yourself.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 10:27 AM
I wasn't throwing stones. I was just saying that in a public, open-access environment such as this, since you are advertising your plug-in, you should probably also mention in a footnote or something that your latest versions only work with the private SimPE builds, not the officially released version (i.e., v.0.58).

And getting access to the QA group is not necessarily easy these days given Quaxi's busy, non-Sims schedule. (For instance, I applied last week and am still waiting.)
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 11:18 AM
Thanks Balderdash, you've said it now on my behalf
Original Poster
#29 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 11:57 AM
I wanted to tell everyone that Peter makes these plugins as a favour to our community - he doesn't even play The Sims himself, but he has spent a large amount of his personal time on this project.

Now I don't expect everyone to write a long list of credits on everything they upload, if you've mentioned no one, then no one has been left out. But some creators do make a pratice of listing people to thank. They thank Quaxi for SimPe, Numenor for the CEP, and WesH and Skankyboy for their mesh plugins etc etc, but with the exception of Christianlov I think I have never seen anyone bothering to add Peter Jones to the list, even though I know they had to at least have edited the Menu strings and the init file using his plugins - and often a great deal more. Maybe this is because he doesn't post a lot of messages, so people don't think of him.

Peter doesn't do this work to receive thanks, but it would be a lovely reward for his hard work if I could occasionally show him a post where he has been remembered along with everyone else who made a contribution.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#30 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 12:08 PM
*coughs and points*
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=124003

Seriously though, I adore the PJSE plugins, and I thank Peter and you from the bottom of my heart for all the hours spent designing, improving and perfecting it. It makes modding something fun instead of something painful.
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 12:11 PM
Sorry Echo, make that "Christianlov and Echo" then :D

And thanks for the link I shall show Peter that post straight away!
Instructor
#32 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 4:15 PM
That's certainly a miss on my side, especially counting that I wrote all essential bhavs in ferrywheel from scratch I can't even imagine what pain could it be if I didn't have the PJSE plugin. So please pass my thanks to Peter, and sorry for my slow thinking :o
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 6:03 PM
He'll appreciate that, thanks
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 9:30 PM
A realy big thank you to Peter from me. I have ben making some small bahav editing lately and I have so much fun making things that workes in a new way. I would newer have managed without that plugin. (And would newer have managed to start without Echos tutorial) :D
Site Helper
#35 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 7:22 PM
I'm just getting into editing BHAVs. (With a project that is WAY over my head, so if anybody else decided to work on a double bed coffin please let me know so I can stop.)
I can't imagine how much harder it would be without the plugin. (Not that it's all that easy for me right now.) Give him a HUGE thank you from me! If I didn't have the plugin, I would have already quit.
Page 2 of 2