Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 4:12 PM
Default The Haunted mansion/house Challenge
The Haunted mansion/house Challenge

Background:

Your family just moved into a new town surrounded by mountains and trees as far as the eye can see. The neighbors watch you carefully as you enter the house which has stood abandonded for years. Whispers of the tragedy that took place here has not stopped you however but as you settle into your new home you realise something is very, very, wrong... A great fog has formed around your house. You cannot leave no matter how hard you try.

The only way out is to solve the mystery of the haunted house...

Objective: Release the souls of the dead which are haunting your property, once all the souls are released you win and are able to live a normal ghost free life in your new home! There are a few ways to do this:

Fulfilling lifetime wants
Maxing out all skils
Bringing them back to life using the Resurrect-O-Nomitron
Bringing them back using genie lamp

Rules:

(Most cheats are allowed as long as they do not help fulfill a sims LTW such as ”forcetwins” so motherlode away!)

You may only release 1 soul per objective. For example fulfilling the LTW of 1 of your sims mean you may remove 1 grave by either moving it to a different lot or deleting it.

You may only release 1 soul per sim. Meaning if a sim has completed their LTW and released one of the souls they may not release another soul by maxing out their skills as well.

You may NOT delete any graves without the soul being released.

You may NOT move any graves to another lot without the soul being released

You may NOT leave your house except for work/school. (The souls of the dead are holding you captive after all)

If one of your Sims dies before all of the souls are released then that sim will become a trapped soul as well and you must either adopt/marry/have a baby/move in another sim to release that soul as well.

If a resurrected sim turns into a zombie it still counts as the soul being released.

Setup:
Create a family between 1-8 sims, the more sims the harder the challenge will be. All sims must die in any way you chose and their graves must be left on the lot, preferably hidden inside the house or in a family graveyard. These will be the ghosts haunting your property

Create a family with as many sims as the first one (or you can have babies in game to match the numbers). This will be your player family.

Tips:

Place the urns all around the house so your sims will not only be haunted by ghosts when outside

Write a cool backstory to the ghosts so you’ll feel more invested! I went with a classic ”husband cheating with the maid” kind of story where the pregnant wife went crazy, killed the maid, her husband and their 3 children and finally herself.

A spooky looking mansion/house + custom fog is recommended for a really spoopy atmosphere.

Let me know what you think of this challenge and if you have any suggestions for rules etc.

Have fun and happy Simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 2:15 AM
You should be warned, deleting tombstones/urns can corrupt your neighborhood. It's considered the same as deleting living sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wercia0921
Yesss, good saying! But for lucky we can easy avoiding this tragedy, if we have mod by J. M. Pescado — No Unlinkage On Urnstone Delete. Of course must be downloaded earlier before this, but won't repair what is already broken, just saying. With this mod game won't to destroys sim files, if we delete tombstone (purpose or not) or will disappearing by himself in unexpected way. Here you can download.

Yes thank you! I honestly did not think of this because I usually just move my graves to my graveyard lot but that is absolutely correct.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hannyferb
If one of your Sims dies before all of the souls are released then that sim will become a trapped soul as well and you must either adopt/marry/have a baby/move in another sim to release that soul as well.

So you release two souls then If completing lifetime want of the new Sim ? Because the death of one leaves uneven number (8 Sims < 9 Death). I personally this circumstance should double the count, as for players who are unfortunate will have veteran Sims live a pretty long even till old age death to leave a slot for other sims to move in and relinquish souls.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
So you release two souls then If completing lifetime want of the new Sim ? Because the death of one leaves uneven number (8 Sims < 9 Death). I personally this circumstance should double the count, as for players who are unfortunate will have veteran Sims live a pretty long even till old age death to leave a slot for other sims to move in and relinquish souls.

I'd say you probably just have to bring in two more people rather than one.