Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:54 PM
Default Working CC all vanished
I'm wondering if this is something new, I did search around for the answer but didn't find it anywhere, save for Mac users, and my computer isn't a Mac.

First off, I (annoyingly) have Windows 8, and I hope that this isn't another issue with that OS.

I know that I had all of my CC installed properly because it was working yesterday just fine. Yesterday I had Base, World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night all installed, and my CC worked just fine.

Yesterday I bought Pets and Supernatural and installed them, let my game update/patch itself... and now all of my CC has vanished. O.o

All of my CC is still there in the folders, I've tried clicking show custom content on and off, my store bought CC is still there.. but none of my other content shows save for created sims. (Which of course, have reverted to base game hair/clothing.)

Is this another EA attempt to get rid of player custom content? Is it Win 8 screwing everything up again?

I have to admit, I'm not the best at doing searches, but I really dug around for this one with no help save for mac instructions, which I even tried some of those options and it didn't help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 4:07 PM
*head desk*
I just noticed that I may have posted in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure if this was game issues (ie. in the 'sims 3 help' forum) or due to Windows 8 (ie. in the software forum).
Site Helper
#3 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 4:15 PM
I'm not really familiar with Sims 3. With Sims 2, installing a new EP can turn off the "enable CC" button and the solution is to just turn it on again. I would suggest that you just go through the normal Sims 3 steps for getting your CC working and you'll probably find the problem.

If not, post in the Sims 3 Help forum and let us know what you tried.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 4:25 PM
See that's one of the problems I'm having too. None of those FAQ cover Windows 8, only windows 7 or earlier. :-/ I'm not tech saavy at all, I literally have to follow step by step instructions carefully. So when it doesn't have the direct code to get to the folder I'm pretty lost. It doesn't help that this is a new computer, and has a partition so I'm pretty lost digging around trying to find folders without a direct copy/paste direction. ^^;
Site Helper
#5 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 6:15 PM
I'm really sorry that I can't help you, but I haven't played Sims 3 in a while and I'm not that familiar with using CC with Sims 3.

If you explain your problem in the Sims 3 Help forum, I'm sure that someone there will be able to help you. You can't be the only person playing on Windows 8; we just need to find someone who can give you Windows 8 specific instructions.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 7:36 PM
For the most part, you can imagine the Windows 7 pics refer to Windows 8 . The only real functional difference between the two OSs are the lack of a Start button in 8.

CC works fine on Win8. By the way, is it sims3pack or .package file CC you're having trouble with?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.