Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2011 at 10:38 PM Last edited by Tamlo31 : 7th May 2011 at 12:41 PM.
Default Over 150 In-Game Objects enabled for World Creation - Testing
This is a follow on mod To Test: Various In-Game Objects enabled for World Creation made by Simsample.

While I've been designing my current world, I wanted to include some extra objects, that I could not get from CAW.

This is a compilation of objects from each expansion released so far, so the number objects will depend on how many expansions and stuff packs you have.

If you use these objects in your worlds then people who play your worlds will NOT have to download these items (as they are already in the game files) provided that they have the required EPs.

A number of objects have been made so they work in-game as landmarks, so you can place them on the fly.

The set is a compilation so currently does not include all landmarks, but it seems that rabbit holes do work when placed outside a lot.

Some of the animation works, for example I made a burning Car, but the Train and balloons are static.

Other interesting stuff, television work outside lots and so do many of the other objects, the treasure spawners, I've not played about with yet to see if they work or not.

Some of the objects have also been setup to work in buydebug mode.

This mod does not contain any objects previously uploaded by GiLaNg and simsample, so if you wish to include them extra objects you will need to download them separate:-

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427515

http://www.modthesims.info/download...5#startcomments

I've also included a selection of cars:-

INSATLLING

If you have already played about with in-game objects, just do what you did last time if not:-

1. Remove the packages from the download, that are from any expansion or stuff pack you do not have available.

2. Open Create-a-World folder in Program Files

3. Create folder called Packages

4. Append these lines to Resource.cfg files which located in Create-a-World program folder:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

5. Put the package inside the Package folder.

If you wish to make your own objects this link should help you:-

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...9E4F1D#Unknown7

To answer the question Why I did not do them all, first this is a compilation of objects, I did not want 1000s of random objects in my caw and it pretty time consuming.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  In-Game Objects.rar (93.1 KB, 1880 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Over 150 In-Game Object made for the sims 3
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th May 2011 at 3:48 AM
Hey, Thank you Stw, These are great.

Does the car keep burning all the time?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th May 2011 at 11:45 AM
Thank you for all the work on this great mod!
hexameter
Theorist
#4 Old 8th May 2011 at 8:53 PM
Thanks for uploading these, I'm going to give them a try!

Also, thank you for the .cfg file and directory set-up. That's a bonus! :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th May 2011 at 11:05 AM
Niiice. Snagging! Thank you!

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Retired
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th May 2011 at 9:55 PM
Great resources. I had already done this to a lot of objects, but you've got it covered. I unlocked a whole bunch of Barnacle Bay objects for CAW placement, but seeing as it's store content I won't share those. Cool to see cannons in my pirate world. :P

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#7 Old 15th May 2011 at 6:42 AM
Brilliant! Thanks so much for this.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th May 2011 at 8:56 PM
Thank you Tamlo- great work! These will be most useful.
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:02 AM
Thanks for these
I was wondering if you knew of a tutorial to add objects from the game into CAW.
There are a few fences/walls that I would quite like in my world and I'm not really sure how to go about this
In fact I've spent what seems like most of the day searching with no success so far.
Thanks soo much

Gaz
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:29 AM
MadGaz, I answered this on the other thread where you posted.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
MadGaz, I answered this on the other thread where you posted.

Thanks soo much for your help Simsample! Very much appreciated!

Gaz :D
Retired
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 9:49 PM
Hey there Tamlo, I'm a bit confused as to how you got that fire. Is that off lot? What is it under in the Metadata?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:48 PM
Great, thanks for sharing this!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 4:52 PM
Hmm, this got me thinking... I got a huge park area which could use some usable benches and a subway station... based on what I read, the subway station should work as it is a rabbithole! *runs off to do some testing*
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 1:43 AM
I am not sure if this thread is still active, but can I just get the Taxi and the Subway portal?
Instructor
#16 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:49 AM
I'll get you the subway station if someone could confirm that CAW/EIG placed rabbit holes still work? I had various rabbit holes enabled for CAW/EIG and I noticed they seemed to stop working with Supernatural. Sims would just scream route-fail at me, and I think this is caused by the very same issue that someone else experienced with CAW enabled actor trailers; an invisible ring of unroutable terrain. -_-

Btw, subways worked fine previously, Wafers. I used EIG to place them all the time! :-) As for taxis, I'm not sure what you mean. The taxi itself is just a car that will even be deleted if you use NRaas' Overwatch and the "clean up vehicles" option. If you need a taxi for deco reasons I think there are purely decorative taxis around somewhere. 0_o
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
I'll get you the subway station if someone could confirm that CAW/EIG placed rabbit holes still work? I had various rabbit holes enabled for CAW/EIG and I noticed they seemed to stop working with Supernatural. Sims would just scream route-fail at me, and I think this is caused by the very same issue that someone else experienced with CAW enabled actor trailers; an invisible ring of unroutable terrain. -_-

Btw, subways worked fine previously, Wafers.

I just exported a newer version of my world and the only rabbithole I had the route fail problem with, was the Late Night spa/bookstore combo rabbithole. Also, the subways can be entered when placed off lot, but often times, they'll just get thrown out of the same subway. They're only truly functional when placed on lots.

Come Check out New York City!
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:49 AM
Any chance there's a version that works for Into the Future? I'm trying to place Legacy Statues without any luck...