Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 7:35 PM
Default CAW, Cemetery, deads, occults/lifestates, pets and families
Hello ^^

It's me again with other questions ^^

I wondered : I copied as is the Sunset Valley's cemetery in the bin.
Will I have some problems if I put it as is in EIG and play once the world is finished ?

I'm asking because I heard that cemetery could cause problems because the death's datas get corrupted when saving in EIG ?
When making some primary tests to see if the world was alright with the routing and the like, I checked, and instead of the deads names, I see "remains", is it normal ?

Will I have to empty the cemetery by ressurecting the deads, save the emptied cemetery in the bin and use this one in EIG ?

After that, how can I add deads in the cemetery ?
I know how to creates sims with the command Make Sim, but I'm not sure how to fill the cemetery "cleanly".

That make me think, I don't need to use the debug enabler at all when making sims, setting up their relations and everything ? I just need to use the Master Controller's options, right ?

I also heard there's occults/lifestates I shouldn't put, is it still the case ? Which ones should I avoid ? I seem to remember ghosts are among them

Should I also avoid to give pets when I'm creating families ? I'm not sure, but I think I heard they could cause bugs too :o

And here's what I plan to do to create the families.

1 : Create a fresh folder, lauch the game, select a town and once I'm on the map view, select create a household, create the family, save in the bin, rince and repeat until all the families needed are ready.
2 : Quit the game, goes into the library folder, copy and paste the files into the library folder of the main folder I'm using to create my world.
3 : Lauch EIG, use the Make Sim command to create a temporary townie, then use the Nraas Porter option to import the families previously created and transferred.
4 : Make active a Sim from one of these families to use the total Annihilation option of the Master Controller to eliminate the temporary sim created.

Is my idea good ? It won't cause any problem ? Do I need to use the Make Sim command to use the Nraas Porter option ?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 8:24 AM
All right, I think it's time to bump a little this thread, just in case, it's already been a week ^^
dodgy builder
#3 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 8:44 PM
I didn't answer this because I don't have any definate answers. I just remember something when reading the ancient tutorial for populating worlds by kiwi-tea. It said something about animals and ghost making troubles when populating with porter by nraas. I was interested because I made a dog to populate with and ended up making the dog a plummer. I got the impression animals was no longer a problem, but ghosts still was.

If that's what you're going for, asking at nraas might be an idea.

I don't know anything more about the subject.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 7:55 AM
No problem @Volvenom ^^

We don't have all the answers after all ^^
Still thank you ^^

I'll try to go to Nraas ASAP then :D