Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 8:51 PM
Default Retirement
So I haven't seen the ability to retire in gameplay, but there's a tuning description for it, thus apparently possible:

<Module name="careers.retirement">
<Class name="Retirement">
<TunableTuple name="DAILY_PAY_MULTIPLIER" class="TunableTunableMultiplier" display="Daily Pay Multiplier" filter="0" group="General" description="Multiplier on the average daily pay of the retired career the Sim will&#xA;get every day.">
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:01 PM
The code is in simulation/careers/retirement.pyo.

After reading it, I can see that it's already there, ready to be used. The only thing someone would need to do is make a mod that activates retirement at a certain trigger (I would trigger it at the sim's final birthday when he/she becomes an elder). If someone doesn't make a retirement mod soon, I definitely will :P
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#3 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:27 PM
Um, just use your cell phone and choose retire.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:54 PM
Eh... Call me stupid, but... No, just call me stupid. Still, would it be useful if there was a mod that automatically retired elders?
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mgomez
Eh... Call me stupid, but... No, just call me stupid. Still, would it be useful if there was a mod that automatically retired elders?

Automatically? I can't imagine why anybody would want to have the choice taken away from them. In at least some cases, you need to stay in the career to complete an aspiration.
#6 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:04 PM

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I would not find that useful. Personally, I like being able to decide if my sim wants to retire or not. Forced retirement just doesn't seem right to me.

But, hey, who knows, maybe I'm the minority here, and other people would like a mod for that. Who am I to say?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
Well, I can only speak for myself, but I would not find that useful. Personally, I like being able to decide if my sim wants to retire or not. Forced retirement just doesn't seem right to me.

But, hey, who knows, maybe I'm the minority here, and other people would like a mod for that. Who am I to say?

I think you're right. Perhaps I should look at putting my energy into something that is actually wanted. :D
#8 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:28 AM
I think you're right. Perhaps I should look at putting my energy into something that is actually wanted. :D

You know what I wouldn't mind seeing fixed. When an adult helps a child/teen wither their homework, their relationship status can improve, but their social does not increase at all. I would think that helping someone with their homework, or having someone help you with yours would be a social experience.

Also, I think chatting on the computer should raise social faster than it does. If I need to fulfill social in the middle of the night, I have to chat all the way to morning to even make a difference.
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
If I need to fulfill social in the middle of the night, I have to chat all the way to morning to even make a difference.

ROFL. Whereas all of us know that IRL you only have to chat for three or four hours to fill up your social! (Yes I do this all the time... )