Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 3:29 PM
Default Converting EA 1 tile windows & doors to 2 tiles
I can't find any tutorials on this - I'd like to know how to convert 1 tile windows and doors to 2 tiles. I've tried changing the footprint of a window from 1x1 to 2x1 in TSRW, but in-game it just takes up 2 tiles, but the window itself still sits on 1 tile. I also tried shifting the object over in Milkshape, but then the window cutout didn't match up - my Milkshape knowledge is very limited, I've only followed a tutorial on how to mesh a table, but stopped once I got to the very lengthy part about UV mapping to come here and see if anyone knows how to do it. Shifting the windows and doors doesn't seem like it would involve having to remap the textures, and I don't really have any urge to start creating my own custom objects, so continuing the tutorial felt like a very long and roundabout way to learn to do something that should be fairly simple.

I'd appreciate any help with this .
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
I can't find any tutorials on this - I'd like to know how to convert 1 tile windows and doors to 2 tiles. I've tried changing the footprint of a window from 1x1 to 2x1 in TSRW, but in-game it just takes up 2 tiles, but the window itself still sits on 1 tile. I also tried shifting the object over in Milkshape, but then the window cutout didn't match up - my Milkshape knowledge is very limited, I've only followed a tutorial on how to mesh a table, but stopped once I got to the very lengthy part about UV mapping to come here and see if anyone knows how to do it. Shifting the windows and doors doesn't seem like it would involve having to remap the textures, and I don't really have any urge to start creating my own custom objects, so continuing the tutorial felt like a very long and roundabout way to learn to do something that should be fairly simple.

I'd appreciate any help with this .

You're almost there! You do need to shift the meshes over in milkshape, luckily that's all you have to do mesh wise. Once that's done you just need to import the new meshes and textures into a clone of a two tiled window in TSRW. I say this because this would be the easiest way. In the meshes or slots tab there are the wall cut out textures. To make the new ones just take the old one, double the width, then cut it in half and save as a new texture. For the other side just mirror the image and viola. That's it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 10:04 AM
Thanks omegastarr, I'll let you know how it goes when I've got enough time to get into it again, chances are I will need some more hand holding this stuff scares me.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 9:27 PM
Question for you and poster?!?!?
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
You're almost there! You do need to shift the meshes over in milkshape, luckily that's all you have to do mesh wise. Once that's done you just need to import the new meshes and textures into a clone of a two tiled window in TSRW. I say this because this would be the easiest way. In the meshes or slots tab there are the wall cut out textures. To make the new ones just take the old one, double the width, then cut it in half and save as a new texture. For the other side just mirror the image and viola. That's it.

For the mesh that the guy asked about, which way should the mesh shift in milkshape?