Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 10:57 PM Last edited by magicslippers : 25th Sep 2017 at 12:13 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weird graphics glitch
So i was playing as usual and out of nowhere when i turned the camera... well, it looked kind of like this: http://i53.tinypic.com/2cctp50.png (not my pic)
I quit the game immediately and upon re-entering the hood i was greeted with this: https://i.imgur.com/mjObTgU.jpg

Apologies for the bad quality picture, screenshot button is broken on the laptop... Anyways, this only happened with one family and after i set the game to run with a different graphics card and re-entered the lot, the family portrait returned to normal. Just wondering if this was due to running an integrated intel chip (which is fixed now) or is this a sign of something else?

Cheers, Maggie
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 11:04 PM
That's almost certainly just down to using the wrong graphics processor - you shouldn't have any more problems now you've switched.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 11:05 PM
I would first check your computer isn't overheated. Dust it out. If you are on a laptop I would be careful, make sure you have a cooling pad, a fan aimed at it and don't overuse it. Hopefully your graphic card is not about to go. Do you have a card or a chip?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 11:28 PM
If you have two cards, and if the problem goes away after switching the card from the integrated one to the other, the problem should be solved. I've had the same problem occasionally on my laptop (the first time I ran the game, plus a few occasions when the Nvidia drivers and/or program have somehow turned themselves off), but switching the card fixes it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That's almost certainly just down to using the wrong graphics processor - you shouldn't have any more problems now you've switched.

I did just recently update win10 so it might've switched back to the integrated one, thank you all for the replies, juts wanted a confirmation that it's nothing else hehe.