Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 2:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Previews in Body Shop and CAS
I've read about deleting the cache files (cigen.package in particular) and the contents of the Thumbnails folder being disposable... What I'm trying to do is make my Body Shop (and if possible CAS) CC sorting much easier. I'm saving all the individual items I want as projects, not sims as I only want certain aspects of old saved CC downloaded sims... a skin here, an eyebrow there, a top somewhere else, etc. Then I can pick and choose pieces parts for my sims instead of dumping a bunch of downloaded sims (with all their constituent package files -many of which I don't want) into Downloads.

Some of the created project folders (such as skins and makeup) have those generic, default, ugly "red rainbow" swatch.bmp files which I can easily make a custom 64x64 bitmap for. However, eyebrows and costume makeup project folders have no swatch.bmp for ease of previewing in Body Shop. I haven't tried adding a .bmp in the project folders that don't include .bmp's yet.

And all of this makes me wonder if CAS will display the Body Shop bitmaps I made and placed in their Projects > subfolders or if thumbnails in CAS are all auto-generated.

Any ideas? Thx in advance!

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:26 PM Last edited by maxon : 25th Sep 2017 at 1:59 PM.
When you make something in Bodyshop, you can replace the swatch, if it has one, just like you replace/edit the textures. Just go into the project folder and find the file and edit it. Is that what you mean?

If you've already made the item, you can also replace the texture in SimPE.

I'm not clear what you're actually asking about here. Sorry. Only some things auto-generate thumbnails - eyebrows auto-generate and display as eyebrows in my game. Are you not getting that?
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:04 PM Last edited by swillfly : 25th Sep 2017 at 9:25 PM.
Is there some way to get preview swatches in Body Shop for items that don't have swatches? (e.g. eyebrows/costume makeup/etc.)

Mostly I was looking for previews of stuff in Body Shop. When I browse through the various categories to make my custom Projects eyebrows and costume makeup (maybe more categories) do not show a preview icon or tooltipes for much of my old CC. The ones that do have preview swatches (such as skins and makeup) I can replace the swatches with a helpful bitmap image 64x64 pixels. That works, but only for the ones that have swatches. ** My CC eyebrows don't generate previews ontop their buttons/icons - your screenshot Does show the preview for them.

Thx!

On further investigation it seems I need to constantly delete one of the cache files (cigen.package mebbe?) and Body Shop looks like it generates new previews. I'll try aggressive cache deletion to see if Body Shop makes new swatches/previews for new Projects.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:56 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Sep 2017 at 10:07 PM.
You can make thumbnails for accessories, and swatches for everything that comes with the rainbow picture (regular makeup, not costume makeup).
Tutorial on thumbs for accessories here: http://modthesims.info/t/194145
Swatches can be replaced with an equal size (64x64?) PNG file in SimPE.

Deleting cache files should make new thumbnails in Bodyshop, but for CAS you'll have to either shift-click or ctrl-click the individual pictures, possibly with the right mouse button (or whatever that method was - I always have to do it the trial and failure method), or delete the thumbnail pictures for CAS in the Thumbnail folder. I usually do whichever changes are needed, and then delete the cache files (I delete all of them, to be on the safe side). I also try to avoid going ingame until I know the items work in Bodyshop, to avoid having to delete thumbnail files.

If you want swatches for makeup, you can easily convert them to regular makeup (blush may be the best option). Make a project with the costume makeup, then make a project with the blush, and transfer the texture and alpha to the blush. Make a custom swatch, and import to game (make sure to use the SavedSims file, and not the file in Projects).

Tooltips can be added with the Wardrobe Wrangler, SimPE, and probably a couple of other programs. There's also an auto-renamer here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=321239

I'm pretty sure you can't add swatches/thumbs to eyebrows and costume makeup. I've tried adding them to hair (for an infant project), but that didn't work either. You probably have to rely on tooltips for these.

I'm also fairly sure you can't make new categories for CAS. You can sort some CAS items into collections like with furniture, but these only show in CAS.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 11:03 PM
Seems kind of odd - you seem to be saying you have eyebrows in blushes? Because eyebrows as eyebrows will generate their own swatches and look like eyebrows as in my picture. Make up you can make swatches for at the point you make the CC but as Simmer22 said, replacing swatches in SimPE is also fairly straightforward. you will need to make, as Simmer22 said, a 64x64 bmp file - easiest way, if you don't have a copy, is to extract the bmp from the file itself.

If you load the CC file in SimPE and go to the IMG section, you will see the rainbow swatch. Click on the resource in the right hand panel, then right-click and choose export. Put the file somewhere, make changes then reverse the process by choosing Import instead. If you simply want a record of the colour of whatever it is, the easiest thing to do is bucket fill the altered swatch with the appropriate colour though there are other things you can do like extract the main texture and use part or all of that (re-sized to 64x64).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 3:37 AM
Thx a bunch simmer22 & maxon! My CC eyebrows is solved.. all I needed to do was wipe out the cache files (concur with you maxon -best to delete all 4). The categories for Projects in Body Shop that do not have swatches I'll try using SimPE to edit.