Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 2:13 PM
Default artifacts on an high end computer
I know this problem has been talked about before, but I only found the post about sims 3, which I have been checking out. The problem is ts4 doesn't show up when I changed my graphics setting on the gtx970 for sims 3 to adaptive, as suggested by ajaxsirius. I have a new computer and is a bit puzzled by these dark black lines and triangles moving with me around the lot I'm working on. I'm not really willing to turn down the graphics. This program should be doable on a mobile phone almost right? Now the game is just crashing as well when I start it up. That maybe because of mods, but the artifacts started the moment I used ts4 on this computer.

Below is my device log. I can see it's found my graphics card, so it has to be something else. I have tried downloading drivers, and quite a few other things. I don't remember them all at the top of my head.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:29 PM
The only thing I can suggest is turning off edge smoothing. This seems to help some people with graphic problems.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 2:11 AM
Are these relics (artifacts) just in your game or on your pc

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 11:34 PM
Yes I am confused are you meaning to use the word artifacts (ancient relics) or the word effect on high end computer?
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:25 PM
I'm talking about the kind that destroyed my graphics card a few computers back. I'm a bit anxious for that reason.

I have my game in norwegian, I wonder now with this new beta if I can choose to have it in English. It's so much easier with all the English I use anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
The only thing I can suggest is turning off edge smoothing. This seems to help some people with graphic problems.

For that reason I have been working on removing all cache even those in the origin folder, as suggested by Crinrict. I have also turned down all my graphics to the lowest. I had a family living on the lot and the artifacts started the moment I entered the lot, when I turned on the live mode these last few times, it just crash. I have now kicked the family out, but I really can't understand how that's going to solve anything. What I was wondering about is if the lot is too big, but that's just rediculous as well.

Doesn't seem like this is working, anyone having other solutions?

It seems like the artifacts may have been solved by playing in windowed mode. The crashing is still an issue though. I have to just get this lot out and then repair the game or something.