Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 4:48 AM
Default Invisible clothes
So i'm having something weird going on with custom content. It's downloaded, and it shows it's downloaded. But it's invisible. There's a bunch of them. So I downloaded s4pe to try to find out which clothing I don't want. The problem is there is so many of them that I'm having trouble figuring out which is which without individually clicking on the package files and opening them then scrolling through every file individually. This is taking absolutely forever. I've tried googling it with several different terms but basically google looks at me funny and gives me a question mark. Or rather... doesn't bring up any results that have anything to do with it. I've even looked at "how to create clothing" tutorials but none answer these questions.

So without further ado...

1. Is there a viewer somewhere out there that will let me view the complete package file to skip all this extra searching like we had with Sims 2 (I think it was Sims 2 that we had a clothing viewer if I remember right. An official one from EA?
2. I have noticed that some of the files in the bunch I've looked at so far do not have an _IMG file in the package. Is this what's making the clothing invisible (as in, the shirt file shows up in game but when I click on it, where the shirt covers I can see straight through my sim to the background like it doesn't exist)? If so, this makes it 'slightly' easier to figure out which ones that I just need to delete. Or is it that it doesn't have a THUM file?

Thanks so much. I've been working on this for hours and it's agonizingly slow.

And yes, I realize this may be a dumb questions, so please don't be mean. I'm just asking. If you don't want to answer the question politely, then there's no reason to answer at all.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 5:11 AM
I'm looking for something like this too. There's no way that I know to find the name of the clothing that doesn't work. I;'m constantly changing NPC clothes and hair that end up with them naked and bald.
Inventor
#3 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 8:47 AM
I have the same problem with a few pieces. I thought it might have to do with a missing mesh or something, but it's impossible to check. I wish clothes had descriptions like objects. It would be so much easier to clean up CC.
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 3:23 PM
Invisible clothing means you're missing the mesh.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 6:19 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 11th Feb 2017 at 6:31 AM.
There is a mod that tells you the cc name when you have saved it on a sim. For the life of me I can not think of the name.

Edit: It was called CC tracker by Zerbu but I think it is abandoned and they are using sims 4 tray importer.

https://simsvip.com/2016/02/22/cust...orter-by-deevo/