Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 10:58 PM
Default Haylifers.. stuff.
Well I have a dA account which is pretty stagnant right now, so I thought I'd rehome my poor sketches. Most of these I'm unhappy with somehow. But I can never get things perfect, so these are the most recent of my doodles. I don't colour them because my graphics tablet is broken, and it's only been recently I've started drawing real people rather than anime/manga style illustration, so my shading is a bit off and they'll probably look real n00bish. But here you go, please criticize in a constructive way

Flame

I'm quite pleased with Flame, drew him from scratch without reference and I'm glad his face ended up symmetrical. It's a rare occurence

Matt Bellamy

Muse frontman. Somethings not quite right here. I don't know what's off. I'll fix it later. I was proud of the highlights in the fringe, although I don't think I quite captured the depth and the hands/fringe looks a little 2D.

Mitch Hewer

This is Maxxie from Skins. I found this photo and thought the light/dark contrast would be interesting to draw, so gave it a go.

Ole Black n' Blue Eyes

She's off the front of some album art by The Fratellis, and I thought her body shape was quite interesting, especially with the straight microphone going across it. So I drew :P

Tim Wheeler

Ash Frontman. He's cool :P

Random Girl
http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs24/30...y_ToCydonia.jpg

I don't know who she is or why. She just.. is. I can't get her picture to go all proper, so I'll leave it as a link..
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 10:41 AM
THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the "Ole Black 'n' Blue Eyes" pic, it's like rouge style!!
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 12:18 AM
Thanks I should draw more figure type drawings actually. They're fun.

I can't get the last one to show up as an in-post image.. Hmph.
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 6:24 AM
I love your use of shading. They're not just lines (like my drawings), they're wonderful works of art. The third one down is my favorite.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 6:49 AM
You know Haylifer, I find it surprising you have issue with any of these pictures you've done. They are terrific and far surpass anything I'd be likely to do anytime soon. Then again, if there's one thing I've found to be true about creative types in my time, it's that they are their own roughest critic. I dabble with writing and I know I'm never quite as happy with the stuff I write as others are.
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 4:20 AM
hi haylifer, just scrollin' through the pics, I love the 'flame' one. he's cute and I like his eyes, though I swear I've seen his hair as a sims2 guys hairstyle, maybe?
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 11:22 PM
Thanks guys

cappyboy - Lol yeah, I'm never entirely happy with any of my work. Guess it's a good thing to strive for improvement though, eh? :P

DiamonteGirl - Haha yeah. Flame sports uhh.. I think its Raon hair. In fact, I made him entirely in simform first, then when I wasn't at the PC I wanted to draw him. So he exists in my game as well as in my sketchpad :P
#8 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 11:30 PM
Those are some very cool drawings! My friend loves Muse with a vengeance (and dreams she's married to Dominic Howard and I'm dating Matt. Strange...)
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 1:45 AM
with your "Matt Bellamy" I figured out the thing that was wrong... go into the bathroom and put your hand up to your face- completely opended - your face and hands are almost equal in length.

So thats whats wrong in that picture. If you open up his fist its much too small.

Otherwise your pictures are really nice. I love them
#10 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:07 PM
Lol, he must be a to-die-for sim then