Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1826 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 2:05 AM
I've had Cats & Dogs for a while, but this is my first go with a cat. So my Sim's cat was sitting on the Roomba...

Then this happened...

The cat BROKE the Roomba.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1827 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 3:16 AM
Building an Art Office. I will gather my club to make paintings in there, and all the masterpieces will be sold using retail system.
The unfinished exterior itself costs more than 30k simoleons
Mad Poster
#1828 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Finally Roger passed away and everyone was CRUSHED. LOL NO THEY WERENT. The game decided to glitch or bug out and nobody even noticed him collapse. They were shocked by the sudden appearance of the Grim Reaper but they didn't get a MOURNING moodlet. I was mighty pissed. I tried to redo the death THREE times but each time they failed to notice him die or mourn his loss. I don't know if this was due to a mod or what...or just the game being the game. But its the first time it's happened. I ended up just giving them all a generic very sad moodlet instead

Yeah, that's not a mod problem. That's a game problem. Every now and then a sim will drop dead and their relatives will just refuse to give a fuck. Any other game, a sim could be on a completely different lot or household and still get hit with negative moodlets over a loved one's death. But with TS4, a sim can sleep through the death of their child and be completely fine when they wake up (I am never letting that one go)

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#1829 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Yeah, that's not a mod problem. That's a game problem. Every now and then a sim will drop dead and their relatives will just refuse to give a fuck. Any other game, a sim could be on a completely different lot or household and still get hit with negative moodlets over a loved one's death. But with TS4, a sim can sleep through the death of their child and be completely fine when they wake up (I am never letting that one go)

This is the first time it's happened to me. I havent had very many deaths in my game. One particular sim that died, the sims on the floor when it happened woke out of bed to witness the death, so I was surprised this happened.
Forum Resident
#1830 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 9:50 AM
This is the first time it's happened to me. I havent had very many deaths in my game. One particular sim that died, the sims on the floor when it happened woke out of bed to witness the death, so I was surprised this happened.

In my experience (legacy player, so a lot of death happening lol), it used to be as bad als lilbag is describing but the reactions have gotten a lot better through updates and it does sound glitched out if you have even redone it multiple times.
Forum Resident
#1831 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:34 AM
Some pictures of my single sim game file:

Lilly spends most of her time camping at Granite Falls to complete her Outdoor Fan aspiration right now. While hunting for ingredients for her potions, I noticed some really poorly done animals next to the pretty well done insects.

I mean... those two don't even look like they're from the same game, let alone the same pack. I wouldn't have been too proud of the first model if i had been the developer.

I brought the dragonfly home and it even breathes fire from time to time. I like goofy details like that.

Lilly still doesn't have a lot of friends and her direct neighbour is always either really loud or breaking stuff. He even clogged the garbage disposer.

Lilly called over her landlord to fix the issue and I had thought, she could at least build some relationship with her, until Lilly got attacked by some random vampire and started babbling to herself like the insane sim she is.

Back at work, this scene unfolded. For the first few seconds, I had thought they were mad at Lilly for missing so many days of work but everyone is just always really plumed off when they first arrive for some reason. Still, everyone hates poor Lilly

Scholar
#1832 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:15 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 26th Apr 2018 at 5:50 AM.
I love those dragon flies! They are so cute. You're right, they could have done waaay better on the animals. The squirrel in Brindleton bay though, it'll make you weep.

Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
In my experience (legacy player, so a lot of death happening lol), it used to be as bad als lilbag is describing but the reactions have gotten a lot better through updates and it does sound glitched out if you have even redone it multiple times.

Honestly, I'm starting to get glitches again that were fixed a while ago. For example, they fixed dogs stretching when they got toys. Well. Mine started doing it again.

Anyway...I was playing a family and they were out for a lunch date (the food never arrived so they left at 6:30), but probably the funniest, most WTF moment ever took place:

Its funny that there is a skeleton dining in this restaurant. He's wearing glasses and somehow they're sitting on a face that has no nose or ears. (Hover effect) It's even funnier when you realise that the two women at his table are his wife and daughter. And there is a son at home. They ate and the food didn't even fall out of his body. At first, I thought this was a glitch because I have a mod that lets you turn a sim into a skeleton, but nope, this is a hidden household, which happens to be an entire family. A skeleton is legit boning a human. Pun totally intended.
Test Subject
#1833 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 2:17 AM
Wow, so many remarkable stories, I feel like mine is a bit boring. I'm playing a sim I made named Ariel, and she was just bitten by a vampire! I haven't played many supernatural sims in TS4, and TBH, I'm don't know much about the current iteration of the game's vampire system, but I guess I'll figure it out (I'm sure it isn't too different from TS3).
Does anyone else like to play supernatural sims? I downloaded the fairies mod and thought I might try that next (maybe a vampire-fairy tryst leading into something long term? =) ). Any tips for playing either kind of sim without getting too spoiler-y?

<3 Amy
Theorist
#1834 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amyarwyn
I'm don't know much about the current iteration of the game's vampire system, but I guess I'll figure it out (I'm sure it isn't too different from TS3).

Well you're in for a treat then. This is one of the only things TS4 actually did well.
Forum Resident
#1835 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:07 PM
Guys, about those dragonflies... in case you don't know, they can start a fire. At least they used to in the beginning (they might have patched it)
I took pictures of it a long time ago, but can't find my post anymore. So just be careful where you put them.
Theorist
#1836 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
Guys, about those dragonflies... in case you don't know, they can start a fire. At least they used to in the beginning (they might have patched it)
I took pictures of it a long time ago, but can't find my post anymore. So just be careful where you put them.

I would not be surprised if they patched it out. I'm surprised they can still have fire in this game at all considering someone somewhere may have been negatively effected by a house fire and it would give them "heightened negative emotions" if their Sims' house were to catch on fire. I'm surprised they even allow death in this game instead of just taking out all dangers completely and only letting sims die of old age. But they wouldn't really die of old age. You'd get a message from your elderly family member telling you that they were going away to travel the world or some stupid shit and they just disappear and never come back. Can't upset the kids who play and may have recently lost a grandparent or parent. That would cause "heightened negative emotions."
Scholar
#1837 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 8:53 PM
Something completely different:

This is Shingo Hayashi and as you might have guessed, he's a game generated sim. But Shingo started life as an elder and in fact, he was the game generated Nanny for many children and their children. He has dozens of friends, not only the children he cared for but their parents as well. I grew so attached to him that I marked him "Never cull" so he stuck around. One day, I decided to age him down and give him his own life and story. As it turns out, he already had a girlfriend, single mom townie Fernanda Scanlon. She has a son named Jeff who is a toddler. (He was actually a child but I aged him down too why not?) So now Shingo is retired from child minding and is just enjoying his newly married status with his new wife. Eventually they'll have a baby together that a new nanny will have to care for. Shingo may enter the doctor career.

Forum Resident
#1838 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose

Well, now I'm going to place them next to something that should be able to catch on fire. I really want to know how that looks.
Scholar
#1839 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 4:08 PM
Aside from playing Shingo and Fernanda, I am also trying to recreate one of those unplayable houses in Newcrest. I don't know if Maxis ever made them available as real houses on the gallery but I am trying to build it for practice. I'm almost done, just gotta place the roof. When I share to the gallery, I post homes in unfurnished and furnished.
Mad Poster
#1840 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 6:07 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 30th Apr 2018 at 3:22 AM.
So I moved "me" (my simself), my cat, Gemini and Dana Carvey into a nice house. One small error occurred: I actually gave Dana a round butt. I was probably listening to his "Bad Posture" routine from his "Squatting Monkeys Tell No Lies" special (He mentioned by age 30, you lose your butt because you sit all day long) when creating Dana.

I think what really made him look strange was the Zebra print Speedo. It made him look more like some sort of sugar daddy. All he needed to complete that look would be a couple of chunky gold chains. Definitely got to change the wardrobe, including everything else so I can make him at least normal (at least for whom he was based on). Note to self: Design the outfits and do not dash to Live Mode.

Either way, it was the usual of them being amorous as Gemini destroys the furniture. He was a charmer. Funny thing: after our first WooHoo, "I" went out back and grilled a bunch of burgers. Freaky...

I have to say my second attempt as a creator goddess is shaping up to be a better attempt.

P.S. I don't eat burgers IRL. I usually prefer yakitori during BBQ weather.

Edit: 4/29/2018 14:45
I decided to plunk Bill Nye in the same household as Dana and "I". To be fair, Dana and Bill in real life are only 5 months apart, Bill being the younger of the two. But I plan to shake up the peace of the house and decided in the Change Sim option on the dresser that "I" would keep my curves in this simulation.

So two skinny old comedians, one with a zipper scar and the other with a degree, fighting over the heiress of a biotech firm who will break up their childish scuffles because she's in charge...Sounds like a hackneyed premise, but one I could get behind.

That and she's wearing matching outfits for the both of them.

So far, I decided to augment Bill with the irezumi sleeve tattoos. Who knows what you can hide under a lab coat?

I actually am enjoying my games again. Because of the reset, I didn't have the time to play because I was busy panicking about my future and that I didn't reinstall them yet.

16:30
Bill attempts to romance "me" with a kiss of the hands. But Dana was present. Not only did Bill and "I" receive the embarrassed moodlet, but Dana received the very sad moodlet.

Bill and I started romancing each other around the house, which Dana started to become aggressive and arrogant. He insulted our matching outfits and drove Bill to kick over the garbage bin, which "I" had to clean up. But eventually Dana would regret his aggression and he received an embarrassed moodlet... because he walked in on Bill taking a shower.

After Dana hid in his bed to hide from everyone, "I" asked Bill to be my boyfriend and he accepted, cue the celebration in synchronized motion.

Wow, this is a pretty emotional soap opera. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

I better stop playing for tonight. I have to get back to a refresher course involving phases of matter. But still, Dana's comeuppance was all based in the AI, I didn't direct him to the bathroom.

I played Hit and Run on the Spooky radio station. I actually heard the original English version and the song's chorus is pretty fitting.

Edit: 19:30
I lied that I'd stop for the night. I kicked sad sack Dana Carvey out of my house. "Sorry, Dana, but Bill was my first love." And I got Bill and "I" dancing to Eurohouse Music on the Electronica station. Let's just say Homer Simpson exclaiming "...with sexy results!" Would explain my strange tastes in dance music. I even recorded video and I plan to edit it together once I get the video editor reinstalled.

After his first day at the lab, Bill and "I" Woohooed. Post-Woohoo, I noted that "I" attempted to make grilled cheese, but "I" caught on fire as well as the counter and range. Bill had to extinguish the fire. Had to go shower the burnt dead skin off. I ended up moving Neil DeGrasse Tyson, an associate of Bill, and somehow it degenerated into a music video shoot. I have the video footage to prove I had them dancing to a remix of Bruno Mars' "Finesse".

Behind the scenes notes:

When I created Bill for the simulation I mentioned, I made sure he was wirey. In a Bill Nye the Science Guy episode discussing the human heart, he was stripped down to boxers for a cardio sonogram to drive home the importance of heart health and he is extremely wirey, that I was able to pick the skinniest body type present in the create-a-Sim.

I originally made my simself a normal body size, but I decided to stop lying to myself in my fantasies and simulations. I'm curved in many places

Dana has a bit of muscle from his days on the high school track team, so I made him have the same frame as Dr. Nye, but I added muscle to the frame.

Most of the time, Gemini would roam the neighborhood and come back indignant towards me or Bill. I unfortunately have a free spirited, frisky and talkative kitty. I hope she doesn't come back pregnant.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1841 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 8:15 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 30th Apr 2018 at 3:53 PM.
Shingo and Fernanda went away to Granite Falls for a 2 day get away and left their son (her son, his step son) with a nanny. (Awkward: The new nanny looks like Shingo, quite a bit. Maybe he's a relative? Japanese sounding name just like Shingo. I feel like Shingo's actual original face was just a template face as found in CAS, I just tweaked him a bit).

They had a lovely time away from the city (and the toddler) and just getting to know each other more deeply. They also tried for a baby...

Which of course was successful eventually:

Baby Raphael named by Fernanda in honour of her Portuguese heritage (I know the name is also Spanish or Italian. Also, her last name was originally Scanlon so maybe her son's father was Irish?)

Baby Tadashi named in honour of Shingo's Japanese Heritage. And yes, totally named after Tadashi from Big Hero 6...(Also I suspect Shingo may only be half Japanese himself.)

TWINS. WHY IS IT ALWAYS TWINS. (NO I didn't do this on purpose. This is my games 7th set of unplanned twins?)
Anyway. After years of caring for the children of many of my sims, he now has a family of his own... and a new career in the medical field! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#1842 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:39 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 30th Apr 2018 at 5:24 PM.
Well, as soon as Bill proposed to "me", Gemini, my cat, came back pregnant. I should have put in a clinic to spay her. She ended up giving birth to twin boys, Alpha and Beta.

Bill and "I" got married in a park in Newcrest. I invited Bill's associates, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku and I invited Dana. It may be spiteful to invite an ex to the wedding, but he's still moping so much he didn't object.

Michio is becoming friends with Gemini's kittens.

I edited the twins to be Castor and Pollux, to go with the fact The Origin of the Constellation Gemini was about twins with those names. Because one was mortal and the other immortal, the heavens took pity on them for their strong bond as twins as the mortal one was dying and made them the constellation Gemini.

The last thing I did was send off Bill to the FutureSims Labs and I got Neil and Michio employed there and they start Monday. (It's Friday.) "I" am a stay at home cat mom who depends on "my" roommates. The house is actually one of my grandfather's many properties so this story is turning into something like The Odd Couple in that my simself is like Oscar. She's got a place of her own but she's sloppy in regards to cooking, as her Post-Woohoo grilled cheese caught fire and so did the counter, the range and herself.

Dana still communicates with "me", even though "I" dumped him to date Bill. At least Bill was less arrogant than Dana became after Bill moved in.

"I" caught Neil and Bill playing chess on the balcony in their pajamas. Michio was playing with Castor and Pollux and "I" was working on the computer. Typical morning for "my" think tank roommates and "my" smart husband. The cats are probably going to be adopted out to someone and once I get the clinic installed in Newcrest, Gemini is getting spayed.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#1843 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 5:35 PM
TWINS. WHY IS IT ALWAYS TWINS. (NO I didn't do this on purpose. This is my games 7th set of unplanned twins?)
Anyway. After years of caring for the children of many of my sims, he now has a family of his own... and a new career in the medical field! :lovestruc

You seem fated to be with twins. Are you sure you don't have a twin mod?

Scholar
#1844 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
You seem fated to be with twins. Are you sure you don't have a twin mod?

Never! Twins are a pain in the arse. I know I know Shmegi had like 5 toddlers at once but I didn't ask for this!
Mad Poster
#1845 Old 2nd May 2018 at 8:32 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 2nd May 2018 at 11:20 PM.
Well, I had ended up putting Castor and Pollux up for adoption. Eventually Gemini will go too, but "me" and Bill are moping. Eventually, Bill started a new garden on one of the side yards. The other side yard has a hot tub. "I" also survived a couple of dizzy spells and a weird rash.

I also put a love seat in on the balcony facing the water. When the moon is high and full, it shows a beauty a poet like myself appreciates and it might get Bill inspired for a breakthrough at the lab. It's a good compromise. Then again, the Just Married moodlet is about to wear off in less than 12 hours and Dana Carvey kept trying to call for me to spend time with him... I keep turning him down because I need Bill to apologize to Dana. Dana is desperate to see me again. He texted me 4 times after the wedding.

17:55
After much nagging, I invited Dana over and I got Bill and Dana talking. Dana at first says "I" am pretty cool, then he turns around and says "She's not that interesting", which incensed Bill. Dana quietly left.

For those who are wondering, I set under the pregnancy options in the gender definition options for Bill and "Me" to neither due to our health (He's in his 60s, She's has a health condition that messes with fertility) so the only option is "WooHoo" as the highest level romantic interaction. There are no children in their future. Why else did "I" have Nancy Landgraab take "my" cats? I couldn't care for a mother cat and her twin boy kittens.

Either way, the newlyweds are working on that garden as their outlet. P.S. I downloaded the harvestable plant mods, most by icemunmun and have yet to start the growing of the modded plants.

Dana was even more insulting in that visit, insulting "me" in front of my husband. He still seems mad about what happened since he was a roommate of "mine". I could have had him use "my" master bathroom toilet. Even though it was frilly and pink, it would have been less of an embarrassment than seeing Bill taking a shower.

Then again, Bill threw Dana out for finding a female STEAM genius prodigy with a IQ that is beyond the level of a late co-worker, whom this genius is his wife "boring"

Yes, there's never a dull moment on Writch Properties.

I took out the grill and the patio furniture and replaced it with the Elation Station. "I'm" the Rowdy Queen of Science, so if Bill has any objections, it's a little too late to back out now. He should have asked about that before the exchange.

Sometimes I work with the AI and other times, I'll go my way.

Scholar
#1846 Old 3rd May 2018 at 1:29 AM
Shingo & Fernanda's twins aged up to toddler and they are identical! This is only the second set of identical twins in my game. All other sets were non-identical.

They seem to have taken their mother's looks, except the nose I think is from Shingo. Neither of these boys looks even half Japanese (if their dad is Japanese or half).

Forum Resident
#1847 Old 3rd May 2018 at 7:15 AM
I never age my children up prematurely to see what they'll look like. Part of the fun for me of raising families in The Sims is to gradually see how much they resemble their parents and sometimes when I think a child will be pretty, it turns out boring or vice versa, which is always a nice surprise. I can recommend that. But I do get people like you, spidergirl, who prefer to see it asap. Childhood is pretty long in TS4.
Scholar
#1848 Old 3rd May 2018 at 9:36 PM
I've been doing this since TS2. I could *try* not to, but my curiosity always gets the better of me. I'm glad it's long though, I enjoy the kids in TS4.
Mad Poster
#1849 Old 3rd May 2018 at 9:53 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 5th May 2018 at 7:44 AM.
With Neil and Michio moved out, Bill goes to work at the lab and "I" tend to the garden. I got rid of the bushes and flowers in the backyard and I strung lanterns on post around the Elation Station.

"My" gardening is to the level that "I" can evolve the quality of the plants.

I have planted a couple of icemunmun's plants and in-game plants.

The plants are in pots for single plant use and not in the ground. Bill and Kym (my simself's nickname since my school days) are isolating the field for scientific purposes (IRL, because my high school was in rural Monroe, WA, we had horticulture class as one of the necessary elective classes you could sign up for. I took horticulture in 11th grade and I immediately regretted it because I was paired with a whiner as a deskmate).

"I" plan to eventually change the field and plant in the ground.

Also, Bill convinced "me" to go streaking. During that run, "I" passed a couple of kids (Somehow, in the back of my mind, all I could hear is Helen Lovejoy crying out the tired line "Won't someone please think of the children!?")

I am getting bored with the game. Maybe I will move Dana back in, but he best keep his hands to himself. "I" married Bill after all, "my" school girl crush.

Edit 20:05
With Laundry Day and My First Pet installed, I also moved Dana Carvey back in. But his job is to keep tabs on my hedgehogs, Sean, Amy, Shane and Sylvester. (woopa20, that's a good use of content. Hope to see more from others like you.) Dana is currently unemployed and is itching to seduce me as soon as Bill leaves for work. I quit before Bill leaves for work.

Instructor
#1850 Old 6th May 2018 at 7:28 AM
Invited mother-in-law over. Soon as she arrived, she kicked over my trash can.
Page 74 of 104