Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 6:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Keep Crashing
So recently I got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, but my game keeps crashing. I use Windows 10 and have 3 GB left. I NEED HELP!!!!! I have 400 files of CC
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 7:06 PM
Deep breath. Go here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:Game_Problem

Follow the steps in the FAQ, don't just read them. It won't take as long as you think it will, though it's tedious and I suggest having a book and a drink before you start.

You can also go to the top of your screen here, choose Help/Sims2/Game Help - Home to read about various technical problems that can arise with the game. Some of those FAQs won't have been updated for the latest systems, but you can get an idea, at least, of the sorts of things you need to check to be sure your system is optimized for running the game.

If none of those things works, go the Help Forum and explain what your problem is, what happened when you tried the various steps in the FAQ, and what your system is like. Then go do something else for awhile. I know you want to play your game and it's frustrating, but the people who hang out on Help, while helpful and kind in general, come from all different parts of the world and have all different kinds of experience, and it may be awhile before the one who solved a similar problem comes along. There's no point wearing yourself out hitting the refresh button.

There's a sticky thread in Help about Sims 2 and Windows 10, which may possibly be of use to you, too. Windows 10 and recent anti-virus systems sometimes do random things to game files, like setting files to read-only that shouldn't be, or quarantining game files as viruses.

Remember, only you can troubleshoot your game. You don't have to be a techie to do it, and there's no magic fix-it button.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 7:15 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Aug 2017 at 8:04 PM.
For the future, the help section is here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31 (someone will probably move this for you).

First, click the link in the post above mine, and go through the help topic. It covers most problems.

If you still have a problem, we are going to need some more info:

1. Does the game crash without CC?

2: In which situations does the game crash? On startup? When looking through CAS items? When browsing the buy/build menu? When entering lots? When using big lots with a lot of CC? When there are a lot of sims on the lot? When the game lags, such as when putting on skintone overlays for supernatural sims or when other sims enter the lot? And does it happen in the same place every time?

3: 3 GB left on the harddrive may be too little, but it depends on the rest of your computer specs. If you have a crappy graphics card, or too little RAM, the game may try to use virtual memory from the harddrive when it runs out (virtual memory is much slower). Try to either delete some files, or move them to a thumbdrive/external harddrive/similar.

4: Can you list your computer specs? (processor, graphics card, how much RAM, etc.)

5: Is the situation with the crashes a new thing, or did it start just after installing the game? Did it start after changing settings or something else?

6: Anything else that might be useful to know.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 7:26 PM
Let us have a look at the answers to the above questions first
Once we have that, we can continue to help you.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:00 PM
i know it's kinda late to reply and all
but maybe you can delete some cache, (i don't know the names of them 4 though) it worked for me, i delete all the cache that was on the sims and it worked fine.
did you delete some stuff that made your game crashing?? if yes then make sure you set cc and other stuff on disable (in your game) next time before you delete some stuff!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:22 PM
Can you please stop replying to old threads?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 10:40 PM
@sailorleontine6 The OP has probably fixed their issue since August. There is no need to bump older threads back to the top, the OP can do that if they still need help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
Can you please stop replying to old threads?

alright i was just trying to help that's all . i had that quite often too but now i pay more attention to the CC's and other stuff