Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#101 Old 19th May 2009 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by squzalkitty
But you see makin magic is already a quote un quote religious thing in the game. people call themselves witches and they CLAME its some type of religion, which it is totally NOT. NO i don't want that JUNK in my game but I STILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH IT!

well.. you don't. You can just NOT buy the game.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 19th May 2009 at 4:02 AM
Though it's an interesting enough idea, religion and video games don't match. A good example is Xenogears, alot of religious images are in the game crosses, that type of thing etc. big controversy about the game, and some games don't even make it over here because of the religion aspect in them. I think the two things should be kept different, The Sims is controversal enough we don't need things like religion adding fuel to the fire. And you don't have to buy the magic packs, they're not forcing it down your throat. Also witches do have a religion it's called Wiccan. Should they take the aspect of the paranormal out of the game too? Why not make a pack where the sim just stands there and stares at blank walls, take all the fun out of the game and that is what you have. As it was said above you don't HAVE to buy it, you don't like the content a certain pack has then don't buy it, it's simple.
#103 Old 19th May 2009 at 4:36 AM
Individuals who call themselves witches are part of the faith Wicca, and that is a religion. It might not be a "real" religion in some's eyes, but it IS a religion by definition.

The witches in the game are based on the stereotypical green-skinned witches that harken from fairy tales and fables, like Wizard of Oz.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 19th May 2009 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by squzalkitty
But you see makin magic is already a quote un quote religious thing in the game. people call themselves witches and they CLAME its some type of religion, which it is totally NOT. NO i don't want that JUNK in my game but I STILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH IT!

Cri moar. If it's junk, why play it? And why can't you type like a normal human being? Everyone else is.

Quote: Originally posted by kisskissbangbang
Individuals who call themselves witches are part of the faith Wicca, and that is a religion. It might not be a "real" religion in some's eyes, but it IS a religion by definition.

The witches in the game are based on the stereotypical green-skinned witches that harken from fairy tales and fables, like Wizard of Oz.

Not just Wicca/Wiccan, actually. Satanists (like myself) also take on the term of Witch or Warlock.

The only way they could get around it would be to begin sporeading the word of Spode.
Page 5 of 5