Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:16 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 19th Feb 2015 at 4:57 AM. Reason: Category!
Default [OSX] Crash Issues in CAS with New Meshes
Hihi guys,

I'm having the same issue - except I'm playing on my mac. CC that worked on my Windows Install (Which I previously played via Parallels --- it's buggy.. don't do it) and it worked Fantastically! Now... on the mac release .... nothing works. Everything is a CTD or some freaky error message. So I repair my game files and I can load the game and play... but - do NOT click on anything in CAS that's a new mesh.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this that Might help my Sims 4 Mac release?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:34 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 18th Feb 2015 at 3:31 PM.
I’m splitting this off into a new thread since the Mac version is technically a different game. Right now there’s no separate category or forum for that, but with graphics issues in particular please try not to get them mixed up with Windows issues =).

Please post a screenshot of the “freaky error message” you’re getting, your hardware specs (Apple menu > About this Mac, and More Info > Graphics on older systems), and a crash log – do you know where to find that? Try Console > Log List > /Library/Logs if you don’t see anything in the game files.

Also, can you give some examples of which exact custom content you were using? Ideally please provide a few links to upload descriptions that give some detail on how they were made technically (on mts, creators will often list the tools they used and other technical details at the bottom of their upload description).

Would be good if you could also post those links in this thread over at EA. This will likely help more than any posts in this forum.

(Also, this is not directly related to your issue, but for playing the game on Apple hardware I’d strongly recommend Bootcamp over a software solution .. if you decide to go back to the Windows version you might want to give that a try.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.