Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 6:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, University Life
Default Please help!
I know this is going to sound like a dumb question.. But I recently installed a bunch of sims from the sims 3 exchange. now I cant uninstall them.. Does anyone know what I should do? Ive installed some of the cc.. but most times the installer says not responding.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:07 PM
But can you still interact with the buttons and all? If so, this happens to me too, just ignore the not responding thing, do what you need to do, then relaunch the launcher and play. And to uninstall sims go to installed content then click on the sims or things you want to uninstall and press uninstall.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
But can you still interact with the buttons and all? If so, this happens to me too, just ignore the not responding thing, do what you need to do, then relaunch the launcher and play. And to uninstall sims go to installed content then click on the sims or things you want to uninstall and press uninstall.

All of the buttons do work. However, it won't let me uninstall any content.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 3:28 PM
Moved to Help!

Usually there are work-arounds for this, basically the game unpacked the sim in the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims folder. What I would do is go there, find the name of the sim and delete the .sim file. Do make sure that your game isn't running OR the launcher when doing this
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 6:19 PM
I will also point out that when an application goes into "Not Reponding" status, that's not necessarily fatal. At least, not since the days of Win XP. What it means on more current versions of the operating system is that Windows itself has decided that the program hasn't done anything significant for a while but it often (not always) gets that wrong and it will sort itself out if you leave things alone. I get this on the game itself when it starts up sometimes, but it continues right along the loadup procedure regardless and I also see it often with other programs.
Site Helper
#6 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 1:43 PM
I know you probably don't do a whole lot with simpe, since that's for Sims 2, but one thing that was always being said over in the forums was that "Not Responding" in the case of this program just means "I'm busy loading a lot of data right now. Don't bother me!"

Igazor is probably correct in that your launcher will sort itself out if you go have a sandwich or get some chores done while it's loading.

Edit: I would add 'Read a book for a while" to that list, but the last time I tried that was back in August with my Sims 3 game, and I ended up shutting the game down without ever playing it because it was time for bed.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook