Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 8:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
TSRW will not install. . . Asked for assistance in April at TSR - still waiting !
I apologize if you've come across this post for the 2nd time. I posted one (I thought) but seems I've lost it. Which makes me think I did not post in the correct category. If found, please remove or move to this category whichever is easier.

Hello talented of the most talented! You are my last hope . . . A long time ago (like years) I downloaded and successfully ran TSRW on my current PC. However I became discouraged with the lack of tutorials and time that I had to devote to creating like I wanted and gave it up for awhile. This past April I attempted to "get back on board" I saw there was an updated version, I uninstalled the old version, and attempted to install the new version... and that is when the trouble began. Immediately upon pressing "Install" I get the following error message. Now normally I wouldn't bother you talented people with something like this, but I already posted in TSR forums and I have not received a favorable solution. There was only 1 reply and it was unsuccessful. The 1 solution that I received as a suggestion was to extract TSRW from WinRAR and place somewhere else before executing it. (Which I did and received the same error) I also tried to manually install SlimDX - and that too was unsuccessful.

Someone! Please! Help! :'(
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:40 AM
I have heard there are problems with the updated version of TSRW. Do you still have the previous version and have you tried using it again?
Also, you will get more specific help with meshing by posting in Create>Sims 3 Creation>Meshing: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=602
Good luck!
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stephiebaby
I saw there was an updated version, I uninstalled the old version, and attempted to install the new version... and that is when the trouble began. Immediately upon pressing "Install" I get the following error message.

it looks like you don't have .Net 2.0 for your Windows, are you on Windows 8? open one of these links to download and install the required .Net framework for your OS, and then restart your OS when done and try reinstalling the updated version you're trying to install
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
it looks like you don't have .Net 2.0 for your Windows, are you on Windows 8? open one of these links to download and install the required .Net framework for your OS, and then restart your OS when done and try reinstalling the updated version you're trying to install

Thank you so much for your reply !! I went to the links you provided, and found a page from Microsoft, but its pretty confusing, and I'm not sure which one to download, so I did some searching and found out I was looking for SlimDX all wrong. It's in Programs - but you have to manually click to open up the Windows programs! LOL. Once I did that, this box popped up. Not only does it confirm I have what I need already installed, but it's also enabled. Whaaa ?? (I clicked the HTTP certification thing - not sure what it is, maybe it will make it work .. idk) I'm willing to try it if its not going to break anything. LOL.

high hopes ... but it still doesn't work
Screenshots
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 4:54 PM
I'm willing to try it if its not going to break anything. LOL.

I don't know what you did to enabled as you mentioned above cause I'm not really familiar with Win 8 or 8.1 because I don't have them, but the principals are the same for Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 about the .Net framework, each has its own version, and no it won't harms or breaks your OS as long as you download them directly from Microsoft, in Win 7 usually it needs the .Net 4.0, if you're not sure what to get for your Win 8, just download and install all of them; the .Net 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4 and 4.5 specifically for Win 8 or 8.1, download them from Microsoft official support page only, restart your Win 8 each time you have installed each version, then try installing TSR update again..

PS: If it's still not working, you may be also needs to download install Microsoft Visual C++ (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013) Redistributable..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 5:27 PM
I don't know what you did to enabled as you mentioned above cause I'm not really familiar with Win 8 or 8.1 because I don't have them, but the principals are the same for Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 about the .Net framework, each has its own version, and no it won't harms or breaks your OS as long as you download them directly from Microsoft, in Win 7 usually it needs the .Net 4.0, if you're not sure what to get for your Win 8, just download and install all of them; the .Net 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4 and 4.5 specifically for Win 8 or 8.1, download them from Microsoft official support page only, restart your Win 8 each time you have installed each version, then try installing TSR update again..

PS: If it's still not working, you may be also needs to download install Microsoft Visual C++ (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013) Redistributable..

Sorry. I loaded the wrong pic. But I opened the Windows Features and made sure 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 and 4.5 were checked. Also I have all those C++ programs. They are in my currently installed programs. What I don't understand? If I didn't have these programs installed, then TS2, TS3, and TS4 wouldn't be able to run? But they all run fine?
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 8:07 PM
Sorry. I loaded the wrong pic. But I opened the Windows Features and made sure 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 and 4.5 were checked. Also I have all those C++ programs. They are in my currently installed programs. What I don't understand? If I didn't have these programs installed, then TS2, TS3, and TS4 wouldn't be able to run? But they all run fine?

The ones that depends on those programs is your hardware drivers like your graphic card driver, as far as I can remember TS2 and TS3 don't need those but TS4 needs C++ 2013 x86/x64 (or both for x64 OS) to run.

Ok since you said it's all already installed, you can double check them inside the Programs and Features if they are really installed, I don't know about Win 8 but in Win 7 they all should be listed there if they're already installed, but in Win 10 only the C++ listed as the .NetFX for Win 10 is hidden from the Programs and Features menu.

Also check if you have proper driver for your graphic card installed, screenshot of your Display Adapters from your Device Manager will tell you if your Win 8 recognized your main gpu, and also check your DeviceConfig to make sure TS3 recognized your graphic card as well..

If it's all are there properly installed in your computer, then I think you'll need to check with TSR again on what requirements that they need you to have to run the update you're trying to install for Windows 8 or 8.1..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 8:54 PM
The ones that depends on those programs is your hardware drivers like your graphic card driver, as far as I can remember TS2 and TS3 don't need those but TS4 needs C++ 2013 x86/x64 (or both for x64 OS) to run.

Ok since you said it's all already installed, you can double check them inside the Programs and Features if they are really installed, I don't know about Win 8 but in Win 7 they all should be listed there if they're already installed, but in Win 10 only the C++ listed as the .NetFX for Win 10 is hidden from the Programs and Features menu.

Also check if you have proper driver for your graphic card installed, screenshot of your Display Adapters from your Device Manager will tell you if your Win 8 recognized your main gpu, and also check your DeviceConfig to make sure TS3 recognized your graphic card as well..

If it's all are there properly installed in your computer, then I think you'll need to check with TSR again on what requirements that they need you to have to run the update you're trying to install for Windows 8 or 8.1..

I was able to confirm everything (minus if TS3 recognizes my graphics - not sure how) - I can confirm I have the C++ programs. And I'm just more and more baffled. To me. TS2 and TS3 are MONSTERS when it comes to the computer! They take up so much space, needs super powerful graphics cards, and they aren't even fun to play w/o cc - BUT to me, since they are both working and with tons of cc ... I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the TSRW - and not my system.. if that makes sense. I just can't believe those two "highly demanding" games would work and this wouldn't. It's really weird.

** Sorry if theres repeat pics. I'm starting to lose track of what ones I shared already**
Screenshots
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:57 AM
I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the TSRW - and not my system..

From what you have provided with your screenshots, your system is fine, nothing wrong or missing, if the case was missing the required .Net framework, your Win 8.1 won't recognized your gpu, but not in your case as I see them in your screenshots.

So the last thing to check is to make sure your TS3 recognized your GT635 gpu, maybe this could be the one that causing trouble with your TSR update, to do this, go to your TS3 documents folder and open your DeviceConfig with Notepad post the screenshot here so we can have a look if TS3 recognized your GT 635.

By the way.., what is your TS3 game version, 1.67 or 1.69? I don't have the 1.69, mine is 1.67, if yours is 1.69, there also a possibility that your TSR update may not be compatible with 1.69, but assuming your TS3 is 1.67 like mine, you still have the possibility that your TS3 doesn't recognized your GT635, because GT635 is not listed in the GraphicCards.sgr file, this file is located in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin\ folder, this is the file you will need to edit with Notepad to get your GT635 recognized by TS3

The Nvidia GT 600 series that are listed in the GraphicCards.sgr (open it with Notepad and scroll down to the Nvidia section) are only as follow;

vendor "NVIDIA" 0x10b4 0x12d2 0x10de
card 0x0fd1 "GeForce GT 650M"
card 0x0fd2 "GeForce GT 640M"
card 0x0fd3 "GeForce GT 640M LE"
card 0x0fd4 "GeForce GTX 660M"
card 0x0fd5 "GeForce GT 650M"
card 0x0fd8 "GeForce GT 640M"
card 0x0fe0 "GeForce GTX 660M"

None of them are in the same class/rank as your GT635, the one that would be suitable for your GT 635 would be;

card 0x0de1 "GeForce GT 430"

or

card 0x0caf "GeForce GT 335M"

But the GT 335M is for laptop, if your computer is a laptop then go ahead put your GT 635's device ID replacing the GT335M's device ID to make your TS3 recognized your GT 635 as GT335M when running the game, but if your computer is a desktop PC, then I would suggest to replace the GT 430's device ID instead.

If this also would not solves your issue, then you really need to check them with TSR on what needs to have so the TSR update would work in your system.

Note: backup your GraphicCards.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr (from the above folder I mentioned earlier) before making changes, also backup your DeviceConfig and Option.ini from your TS3 documents folder.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 2:54 AM
[QUOTE=PapaEmy]From what you have provided with your screenshots, your system is fine, nothing wrong or missing, if the case was missing the required .Net framework, your Win 8.1 won't recognized your gpu, but not in your case as I see them in your screenshots.

So the last thing to check is to make sure your TS3 recognized your GT635 gpu, maybe this could be the one that causing trouble with your TSR update, to do this, go to your TS3 documents folder and open your DeviceConfig with Notepad post the screenshot here so we can have a look if TS3 recognized your GT 635.

Thank you for still replying and working with me !!! I appreciate it SOO much! So I have a PC desktop. And my game is patched to 1.69 (unfortunately) I included a screen shot from the Device Config ... I did not change anything. I'll wait and see what you say first - from what I can gather, it recognizes my Graphics Card?
Screenshots
Instructor
#11 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 7:44 AM
I have a PC desktop. And my game is patched to 1.69 (unfortunately) I included a screen shot from the Device Config ... I did not change anything. I'll wait and see what you say first - from what I can gather, it recognizes my Graphics Card?

From your DeviceConfig screenshot, your TS3 doesn't recognized your GT635, try fixing this 1st, and then try installing the TSR update when done, if the installing problem doesn't go away after you made TS3 recognized your gpu, then it's more likely that it may not compatible with 1.69, sorry I can't help you more if the caused of the problem is compatibility with 1.69.

To make your TS3 recognized your GT635, follow this steps;

1. backup your GraphicCards.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr
2. Move your TS3 documents folder to desktop or somewhere else.
3. Open GraphicCard.sgr with Notepad to edit the: card 0x0de1 "GeForce GT 430" , on the list.
4. Replace the last 4 digits of the 0x0de1 with the 4 digits of your GT635's device ID (you can find the 4 digits of GT635 ID in your DeviceConfig)
5. When done replacing, just close to save it, and then launch TS3, (TS3 will regenerate a new TS3 documents folder as you had moved the previous one earlier, you'll have a new DeviceConfig and Option.ini after launching TS3)
6. After you launched TS3, at TS3 main menu, set up your graphic setting again that suits your screen resolution, 1366x768 (or 1920x1080 if you have big HD screen), and make the refresh rate at 60Hz, and set the rest as you need as well.
7. When done click yes to apply, and then exit TS3 main menu to restart, don't start a new game yet.
8. Now go check your new DeviceConfig in your new TS3 documents folder to see if there's a "32MB override", if not then you're good to go, you can go try starting a new game or put back your saved games, CCs and Mods back from your previous TS3 documents folder, but if there's "32MB Override" then you also need to edit the GraphicRules.sgr as well before you start playing TS3.

If everything went well in the steps above, then you can try to reinstall your TSR update again, see if it working or not, if not.. then I'm sorry I don't know how to help you anymore because I don't have 1.69, you may need to check back with TSR if the have the update for your TS3 1.69 compatible.

PS: As your TS3 is 1.69, you can't bypass the launcher therefore FPS limiter might not be working for you, you need to have Nvidia Inspector to limit your FPS when playing TS3, you have to have FPS limiter for playing TS3 otherwise it will kill your GT635 slowly, I recommend Nvidia Inspector for your FPS Limiter as your TS3 is 1.69
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 3:06 PM
From your DeviceConfig screenshot, your TS3 doesn't recognized your GT635, try fixing this 1st, and then try installing the TSR update when done, if the installing problem doesn't go away after you made TS3 recognized your gpu, then it's more likely that it may not compatible with 1.69, sorry I can't help you more if the caused of the problem is compatibility with 1.69.

To make your TS3 recognized your GT635, follow this steps;

1. backup your GraphicCards.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr
2. Move your TS3 documents folder to desktop or somewhere else.
3. Open GraphicCard.sgr with Notepad to edit the: card 0x0de1 "GeForce GT 430" , on the list.
4. Replace the last 4 digits of the 0x0de1 with the 4 digits of your GT635's device ID (you can find the 4 digits of GT635 ID in your DeviceConfig)
5. When done replacing, just close to save it, and then launch TS3, (TS3 will regenerate a new TS3 documents folder as you had moved the previous one earlier, you'll have a new DeviceConfig and Option.ini after launching TS3)
6. After you launched TS3, at TS3 main menu, set up your graphic setting again that suits your screen resolution, 1366x768 (or 1920x1080 if you have big HD screen), and make the refresh rate at 60Hz, and set the rest as you need as well.
7. When done click yes to apply, and then exit TS3 main menu to restart, don't start a new game yet.
8. Now go check your new DeviceConfig in your new TS3 documents folder to see if there's a "32MB override", if not then you're good to go, you can go try starting a new game or put back your saved games, CCs and Mods back from your previous TS3 documents folder, but if there's "32MB Override" then you also need to edit the GraphicRules.sgr as well before you start playing TS3.

If everything went well in the steps above, then you can try to reinstall your TSR update again, see if it working or not, if not.. then I'm sorry I don't know how to help you anymore because I don't have 1.69, you may need to check back with TSR if the have the update for your TS3 1.69 compatible.

PS: As your TS3 is 1.69, you can't bypass the launcher therefore FPS limiter might not be working for you, you need to have Nvidia Inspector to limit your FPS when playing TS3, you have to have FPS limiter for playing TS3 otherwise it will kill your GT635 slowly, I recommend Nvidia Inspector for your FPS Limiter as your TS3 is 1.69

Wait. Whaa? I'm so confused right now. I dont have a problem running TS3 - at all. It doesn't glitch, crash, or lagg. I have been unable to get TSRW to install itself, it says something about a failed install of SlimDx 2.0 - which is nuts because I clearly have it installed and working, or else TS3, TS4, and whole bunch of other games wouldn't work? Am I right?

Thanks for that tip about the graphics setting though! I downloaded that Nvidia program the other night, but I was dumbfounded on how to use it! So if TS3 isn't recognizing my graphics card, how does it work? I don't have a different graphics card on this PC.. thats the only one. I know all too well what happens when a game doesn't support your graphics. (I went thru it with TS2) It fails to run. It might start. But it just crashes to desktop, never able to load the graphics.. But I was reading another post on here about how TS3 doesn't have a cap and can slowly kill your graphics card.. so I will be implementing that tip for sure!

Does TSRW care what patch I have in TS3? I do have 1.69 - so its not compatible? What does that have to do with installing tho? The issue is I want to make custom content for TS3 using The Sims Resource Workshop program, however, every time I try and install the program, I get this error (pictured) I have tried manually downloading SlimDX 2.0 - (but the file I got was a FFV.. no clue what that is or what I am supposed to do with it) ... I'm soo confused. This program is really starting to test my patience. Im ready to start looking for a program that I can make cc on w/o using TSRW at all...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 3:10 PM
You need to have Nvidia Inspector to limit your FPS when playing TS3, you have to have FPS limiter for playing TS3 otherwise it will kill your GT635 slowly, I recommend Nvidia Inspector for your FPS Limiter as your TS3 is 1.69[/QUOTE]

Here is a pic from Nvidia Inspector - idk what I am supposed to do with it tho. I can't change any of these settings?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 3:41 PM
PS: As your TS3 is 1.69, you can't bypass the launcher therefore FPS limiter might not be working for you, you need to have Nvidia Inspector to limit your FPS when playing TS3, you have to have FPS limiter for playing TS3 otherwise it will kill your GT635 slowly, I recommend Nvidia Inspector for your FPS Limiter as your TS3 is 1.69[/QUOTE]

Ok. I think I set the frames? Here's a pic of the profile, and the changes made. Thanks so much for all your help btw !! You have consistently answered all my questions the best way you knew how and everyone here on Mod has been 100000 times more helpful than anyone over at TSR (and its their program I'm trying to run! -pretty sad) but yes, if nothing else, you saved my PC from a slow and painful death. SO thank you for that! I'm ready to give up now on TSRW - there are other programs out there, I know other modders who don't use it at all ... ? I'm sure there is someone who can help me find tutorials that use other programs. I don't have knowledge of TSRW (its been like 2 + years since I used it) and I catch on quick once I see it done a couple times, so a more "complicated" program doesn't worry or scare me. Again, thanks so SO much for your help!!
Screenshots
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 8:23 PM
I'm so confused right now. I dont have a problem running TS3 - at all. It doesn't glitch, crash, or lagg. I have been unable to get TSRW to install itself, it says something about a failed install of SlimDx 2.0 - which is nuts because I clearly have it installed and working, or else TS3, TS4, and whole bunch of other games wouldn't work? Am I right?

Your DeviceConfig says "Nvidia GeForce GT 635 [Found: 0, matched: 1]", that means your TS3 doesn't recognized your GT635 properly, it doesn't mean that it won't run, it will run because your Win 8 recognized it, but it's running at the highest or maximum setting available from the TS3 graphic option at the main menu. To have a better understanding about TS3 recognizing your gpu in more details, you can read this thread, I just thought that this might be the one that preventing you from installing the TSRW update, because TSRW also have a direct link to your TS3 installation folder, not because of TS3 won't run because it doesn't recognized your GT635M.

I don't know about 1.69 because the one I have is 1.67 and not planning to convert it or update it to 1.69, 1.69 gives users a lot of problem if you read them at the general section or here at the help section, and because of your computer don't have any problem or missing from any requirements (except your TS3 DeviceConfig says it didn't found your GT635), so I just thought the TSRW update may not be compatible with 1.69 as is the case with some cc or mods that having compatibility issue with 1.69, maybe you should check it with them about that..

And as for how to use the Nvidia Inspector, you can run it as global use, or specifically for TS3, if you scroll down the profiles menu box, you'll find "Sims3" and automatically has all the TS3 .exe files in its profile, and just set the Frame Rate Limiter to 30 or 60, I personally set it to 30 but some other like to set it to 60, 60 is fine, and just click apply.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 3:37 PM
Ohhh! Ok. Well that makes a ton of sense then! XD I totally understand about not wanting to update to 1.69. I wish I hadn't .. stupid thing wouldn't leave me alone, so I finally did.. and then all the problems start.. my problems specifically are referring to when the launcher randomly decides to "uncheck" my expansion packs, loads without them, then I have to exit out and re-check and re-start the game. Such a pain. Also.. not quite sure, but I think that update also made "offline" play impossible? The other day my net was out, so I was going to play Sims, and I couldn't get the launcher to come up. I was able to access Origin on "offline" mode, but my TS3 would not run! I've never had that problem prior.

Does TS3 not recognizing my card cause any problems (now or in the future?) As much as I break my game, (via cc) I would rather not mess with it, if its not causing damage anywhere . . .Especially since if I do something wrong with the graphics, I don't have any idea how to fix it. It would just make my graphics better? Right? If that's the case, i'm not worried about it honestly, I think my graphics are pretty alright as they are. I shared a few pics from my screenshots folder, just to give you an idea of the quality I have in game.

I did set my Sims 3 in my profile for my Nvidia Limiter to 60 though! Don't want to have to replace my graphics in a few years! XD

... if its going to allow TSRW to run and thats it, honestly idc anymore. I contacted them over at TSR and they have been very unhelpful. TBH, I've lost interest in wanting to create cc at this time. It's gotten so complicated to just install the stupid program, that I idc anymore. TBH, I'm worried I'll finally get the thing running and then not be able to get any answers in terms of help with actual creating . . . its sad really. I love that site because of all the cc available, but trying to get assistance in their TSRW Help Forum is like trying to make your way to the front row of a sold out concert when its standing room only! It's ridiculous. Thank you for all your assistance! Thank you for continually working with me! Replying! Caring.. I appreciate it a ton!
Screenshots
Instructor
#17 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 5:13 AM
Does TS3 not recognizing my card cause any problems (now or in the future?)

Technically it does, because TS3 will set it at maximum setting available (beyond your card maximum performance capability), it could stress your card and raise your gpu card's temperature, even the GTX580.. the highest spec gpu card that is in the GraphicCards.sgr list, is not set to maximum setting available by TS3, but it is set to maximum of its best performance to fit TS3 (since it is recognizes by TS3), I personally have the GTX680 for my PC and GT610M for my laptop, both are not recognized by TS3 as they're not in the GraphicCards.sgr, so I put both of my GTX680 as the GTX580 and my GT610M as GT310M so both fits its best for TS3.

So to protect your gpu from damage, I suggest.. not only to cap the FPS for TS3 with Nvidia Inspector, but also get your card recognized by TS3 accordingly, if you worried you might mess up something by editing your GraphicCards.sgr and/or GraphicRules.sgr, backup them 1st to a new location and then edit the ones located in the TS3 BG installation folder, if something goes wrong, just replace them with the backup you stored in the new location, it will bring you back to where you are now.

PS: To see what FPS you're running when playing TS3, open the cheat box with ctrl+shift+C, type in FPS ON, and you'll see the FPS number running on the top right corner of your screen.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 4:53 AM
Oh wow! I definitely don't want that! So I'm copying my Sims 3 Folder as we speak all (3,841 items) this could take a while. LOL. So once I enter all this info in, how will I know TS3 recognizes my graphics card? Will it say (Found 1 matched 1) now? Also. I'm currently using a 32 Inch TV screen as my computer monitor . . .what should I set the Screen Resolution on? Currently its 1240 X 960 ? I think. I'm not sure.

Also I'm not finding the 4 digit ID that I need to switch my graphics around . . . I simply don't see anything relating to that at all D: It's in the DeviceConfig? In the Sims 3 Documents folder right? Where is it in the information?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 5:28 AM
Ok. I'm sorry, but I'm a complete doofus. I have no idea where the GraphicsCard.sfg file or the GraphicsRules.sfg folder is found. Also I'm at a loss as to where the 4 digits are found, I looked in DeviceConfig, but none of those numbers even remotely match what you listed. I copied all your steps down word for word and now I am stuck, trying to find these files to edit. Help! Please! :'(
Instructor
#20 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 8:15 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 2nd Sep 2016 at 8:46 AM.
Ok 1st.. here's where the GraphicCard.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr files are located, go to this folder to back them up:

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\OriginGames\TheSims3\Game\Bin\...... --> if your OS is a 64bit OS

or

C:\ProgramFiles\OriginGames\TheSims3\Game\Bin\...... --> if your OS is a 32bit OS

Copy and make backup for those 2 files somewhere in your computer.

And now finding the 4 digits of your GT635 Device ID, look at your Nvidia Inspector screenshot above, it says your Device ID is "10DE - 1280", so your last 4 digits Device ID is 1280.

Now after you have backup those 2 files and moved your TS3 Documents folder temporarily to somewhere else, now go open your GraphicCards.sgr file in your TS3 Base Game installation directory (one of the ones I described above) with Notepad. Scroll down to the Nvidia's section list and find the:

card 0x0de1 "GeForce GT 430"

replace the last 4 digits of the 0x0de1 with the last 4 digits of your GT635, like this: 0x0de1 ---> 0x1280

once you replaced it, just close the Notepad (don't use "Save As"), it will prompt you to save it before closing, and just click yes to save it, and you're almost done.

Next step, make sure you have moved your TS3 Documents folder to somewhere else temporarily, now activate your Nvidia Inspector to activate FPS Limiter for TS3, and then launch TS3, and wait til you at the TS3 main menu.

Now at the TS3 main menu, go to option to adjust your TS3 graphic setting, change your screen resolution, you can try with 1240x960 or 1366x768 or 1360x768 or 1920x1280, try one by one until you find one that fits best for your 32 inch TV screen, once you found the best one to fits your 32 inch TV, set the refresh screen to 60hz, then click apply to saves the changes you've made, and exit TS3 to restart your TS3, don't start a new game or saved game before restarting your TS3.

Now after you have exited TS3, go to your Documents folder and check your new TS3 Documents folder TS3 has regenerated for you, open your new DeviceConfig to check your TS3 now recognizing your GT635 as GT430, you should find it now says Found 1 Matched 1, post screen its shot if you can, see if there's a 32MB override or not, if not then you're done and you're good to go, try your new game and try installing the TSRW back maybe now it would work, but if there's 32MB override, then you'll also need to edit the GraphicRules.sgr as well, but we can fix that later after this one done, you need to get your TS3 recognized your graphic first..

Note: When trying your new setting after getting your TS3 recognizes your graphic, hit the cheat box ctrl+shift+C at the TS3 main menu and type in "FPS ON" without the quotes, when the game is loaded up, you'll see your FPS number at the top right of your screen, it shouldn't go more than 60-61-62 at maximum if you set it to 60 FPS with Nvidia Inspector, but if it's more than that.. your FPS limiter is not working, you should stop TS3 immediately if it's not working, load your Sims3 profile at your Nvidia Inspector again to make sure it's running in the background..

Edited: Sorry for my mistake for the location above, it should be in "C:\ProgramFiles(x86).." instead of "C:\Users\...", fixed that just now
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 3:59 PM Last edited by stephiebaby : 3rd Sep 2016 at 4:17 PM.
[QUOTE=PapaEmy]Ok 1st.. here's where the GraphicCard.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr files are located, go to this folder to back them up:

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\OriginGames\TheSims3\Game\Bin\...... --> if your OS is a 64bit OS

or

C:\ProgramFiles\OriginGames\TheSims3\Game\Bin\...... --> if your OS is a 32bit OS

Copy and make backup for those 2 files somewhere in your computer.

And now finding the 4 digits of your GT635 Device ID, look at your Nvidia Inspector screenshot above, it says your Device ID is "10DE - 1280", so your last 4 digits Device ID is 1280.

Alright. Step 1) Find files. Check. 2) Copy files and save somewhere other than folder. Check. 3) Edit files - PROBLEM.

I am not finding the GeForce GT 430 - I have found a similar card # and I have found the exact digits (0x0de1) but it is not linked to a card. I am very confused. I sent screenshots.

__Also I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but the last expansion pack I installed was Island Paradise - through Origin, it loads up the Isla Paradiso - But when I went into my game bin - there was no GraphicsCard.sfg in the Isla Paradiso folder - and there was no University folder (The last physical disk I installed). But there was a NightLife folder (I installed Nightlife through Origin right before Island Paradise) BUT thats where I found both files. Screenshots included for both in next reply.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 4:10 PM
Screenshots included for both in next reply.[/QUOTE]
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 4:21 PM
Default Origin Games
Screenshots included for both in next reply.
[/QUOTE]

This is how Origin has my games recognized - when I go to Properties in Origin for TS3. It almost appears as if Origin doesn't recognize University? But the selfie features and the cc that came with University and the clothing are all recognized in game . . .
Screenshots
Instructor
#24 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 8:22 PM
Alright. Step 1) Find files. Check. 2) Copy files and save somewhere other than folder. Check. 3) Edit files - PROBLEM.

I am not finding the GeForce GT 430 - I have found a similar card # and I have found the exact digits (0x0de1) but it is not linked to a card. I am very confused. I sent screenshots.

__Also I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but the last expansion pack I installed was Island Paradise - through Origin, it loads up the Isla Paradiso - But when I went into my game bin - there was no GraphicsCard.sfg in the Isla Paradiso folder - and there was no University folder (The last physical disk I installed). But there was a NightLife folder (I installed Nightlife through Origin right before Island Paradise) BUT thats where I found both files. Screenshots included for both in next reply.

Are you sure there's no GT430 in there? Your TS3 is 1.69 so i think it should be there just like 1.67.. I suppose.., but here are some of the 200 series and newer from the Nvidia list in 1.67;

It's 0x0de1 for GT430 not 0x01de for GeForce 7300, it's the 14th card from the top of Nvidia list of gpus (the 1st one is the GT650M), but if there all you got in the list, then I think the 0x0A20 "GeForce GT 220" should be closer to your GT635's spec, just replace the last 4 digits 0A20 with your Device ID if there's no more option, it just strange to me if there's no GT430 in 1.69 version, it just like seeing the GraphicCards.sgr from the TS3 BG disc version with its original patch/version..

The GraphicCards.sgr (and the GraphicRules.sgr) you need to edit is the one located in the TS3 Base Game installation directory, not the ones in the EPs/SPs (just leave these ones alone untouched). But from your screenshots, I didn't see where your TS3 Base Game installation directory except for Late Night and Island Paradise, but if that is how the way it is the 1.69 version installed , I assumed your TS3 Base game is integrated with Late Night, if that's the case then I think those ones in LN are the ones you'll need to edit..

Note: only edit the GraphicRules.sgr when later on there's Texture Memory 32MB override in your new DeviceConfig after your TS3 recognized your GT635.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 5:20 PM
Argh. I was all ready to get this done today - I edited the digits in the GeForce GT 220 - I set my FPS to "60.7" I loaded my settings and set my refresh rate to 60 as well. I CTRL,SHIFT,C and typed FPS ON (nothing happened btw) - I saved and exited. FPS still shows TS# profile is "60.7" so thats good.

BUT- my card is still not found !! :'(

I took pics of the edited digits and the DeviceConfig as it stands atm.
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2