Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:20 AM
Default Rotating a Lot
So I know you can pick up and rotate single rooms in Build Mode, but is there a way to rotate an entire lot? This lot I'd like to place in my game keeps placing the wrong way.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:22 AM
Well, it probably won't fit the way you want it! For example if you have a rectangular lot, and a rectangular sized house on that lot, there is no possible way it would fit sideways, if that makes any sense? Try a new lot space!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SerenaSims
Well, it probably won't fit the way you want it! For example if you have a rectangular lot, and a rectangular sized house on that lot, there is no possible way it would fit sideways, if that makes any sense? Try a new lot space!

I'm actually trying to rotate it 180 degrees, not sideways. It's 40x30, but the front yard is on the opposite side.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
I'm actually trying to rotate it 180 degrees, not sideways. It's 40x30, but the front yard is on the opposite side.

Don't know about rotating the whole lot, but you can definitely rotate a whole building ("Move House" button on toolbar, or "U" key).

*EDIT - Tried everything I can think of, but there seems to be no option to flip the lot. I'm very surprised it can't be done when placing the lot in the first place, like in Sims 3.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 8:40 AM
Just an idea I have, what side is the mail and trashcan on?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:53 PM
Highlight everything on the lot and use < and >. I did this by mistake and it rotated the entire lot by 180 degrees, fence and all. Moving the trash can and mail box to the correct side does not help so don't bother. I think I was in build mode when I did this.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:07 PM
I think theres a button on the top that says "Move House" in build mode. There you can rotate and move as you please.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:22 PM
To rotate my lot, I bulldoze it then make the mailbox face the other way. After that, I simply place my lot back and it usually ends up facing the right direction I want it to face.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
Highlight everything on the lot and use < and >. I did this by mistake and it rotated the entire lot by 180 degrees, fence and all. Moving the trash can and mail box to the correct side does not help so don't bother. I think I was in build mode when I did this.
Probably a stupid question, but how do you hightlight everything on the lot?
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:42 PM
There's a button at the top that says "lot options" or something like that. If you select it, there's a "move house" button. It's in a weird location, but it does work.

Edit: In that option, there's also the option to bulldoze the entire lot, which can be quite convenient. However, once the lot is bulldozed, it's irreversible.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Probably a stupid question, but how do you hightlight everything on the lot?

I can't recall how I did it but I think you either ctlr and click or shift click or both. I'll try it later and report back, so watch this space.

Anyhow, I tried the moving mailbox method on several lots and it never worked for me ever.