Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:18 PM
Default Siding with Colored Corners
I've noticed that the siding that places a different color on the edges of the corners doesn't always work. For instance, in the house pictured below that I created you can see the white corner edge is there on the second story but not on the first story. Is there a reason why it's not automatically placing it on that first floor? I thought it automatically painting the corners like that was great because you don't have to do each one individually now but this is the 4th house I've built so far and I've experienced this same issue on other houses to and there's no work around now since it's automatic. Any help?

09-17-14_4-22 PM

Also, I went ahead and painted over that upstairs area to make it not have the edges so that it wouldn't look weird and you can see in this picture the indented corner next to it. That inner first floor corner would not do the edging either.

09-17-14_4-35 PM-2
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:31 PM
We don't say "COLORED" anymore....jk
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:13 PM
Yeah, that wall placement is definitely bugged. I ran into the same problem with another "coined" wall. And since there doesn't seem to be an option to choose one of the 3 options for these types of walls… it's really clunky.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:16 PM
It has something to do with the size of the indent. If you dragged that front room out a few squares, it would draw the colored corners. I'm not sure why. Hopefully we can see some improvements there (or let us have the option for manual placement, like with counters).
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:44 AM
Guess we'll just have to cross our fingers for now. Thanks.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:55 AM
Moving to Create > Building since it's very specifically a Build mode question.

Maclimes is correct; I can only add that as far as I've seen, an indent of two units will result in colored edges for the wood siding. I guess this is because that one only has a "left edge" and a "right edge" but an indent of one unit would count as a "both edge" which this wallpaper doesn't have (some or all of the brick-and-wood siding styles do, though -- they will have proper edges even on a one-unit indent --, so if it suits the style of your building maybe use that one instead).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 12:38 PM
I really hate that Sims 4 gives us less control over everything. The game gets crippled every time they try making "easy access" tools.

The corner idea was surely someone's who thought the wall list was to cluttered with different versions of the same wall. 'So let's design something that "figures out" where they want corners instead.'. Well done EA, next time design something that figures out how to satisfy your community.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:15 PM
Might be fixable now that S4PE dlls for walls/floors are available. See sticky in Modding Discussion (Inge post) for a link.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.