Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:38 AM
Default Custom Content help.
I followed the guide to installing it, I have the folders where they're supposed to be in, but this is one thing I don't get.. I already have a resource.cfg by default. It was there when I installed the game.
Am I supposed to have it over write the other one?
I'm kinda scared of doing so, because it might crash, or not ever run ever again.

If a question like this has already been posted, I'm sorry, but I really have to know. :<
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:02 AM
DON'T overwrite the resource.cfg file you already have (located in the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder)! That one is in a different folder and must stay where it is or you'll bork your game. You need to place the downloaded resource.cfg in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - not in any other folder.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:00 AM
I had the same thing happen to me so I copy the orginal resource.cfg file in the Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims3\ then replaced the file. It didn't bother the game. I always backup a file that I might be changing.