Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:44 PM
Default Save code error 13
Hi

I was getting this error on saving, but the symptom seems to be my DvD rewriter playing up. I noticed around the time that this error started that it was actually not reading things well and not always autorunning. As my error was a save error I assumed the 2 were un related. But when I uninstalled the game I was unable to reinstall it due to a cyclic redundancy error.

Replacing the DvD drive seems to have fixed both problems but will post back if this changes. This may not always be the answer in this case but worth bearing in mind.
Sidheed
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:15 AM
What is your question/problem?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:16 AM
Basically what is going on here is that he has a corrupt Saved game... I warned people and EA about corruption in Saved games... Anyways, try this... While in game minimize the game and browse to your saved game folder, for me in Vista 32x its located in:

...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

In the saves folder you should see a file that has a .BAD as its extension, delete it, go back into game and save again and report back.

This is also the same as the error code 12 posted a while ago, just different meaning. Now if EA would release their debug code list, then we can at least have a clue as to why these error codes are coming up.