Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Brightening up BodyShop for a Spring Cleaning

by WesHowe Posted 18th Feb 2007 at 7:11 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:13 PM by Nysha

235 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 217 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 10
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 6:03 PM
Marry me?

In seriousness, this is fantastic. i have, like most skinners, been eternally frustrated by the bad lighting in CAS. This solves so many problems.

Well I never claimed to understand what happens after dark
But my fingers catch the sparks at the thought of touching you...
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 7:03 PM
Thank you so much! While I never had a lot of difficulty seeing the detail in BodyShop, the difference in lighting was just enough so that it could be difficult at times to know whether the colors I was using would be too light or too dark in-game. I believe this will help with that problem immensely.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 7:57 PM
Thank you so much, this will make things much easier for creating.

You've been a fallen angel, ripped out of the sky.
But as your wings grew strong enough,
You left me, behind to die.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 8:09 PM
This will DEFINITELY be useful. I hate it when it looks great in bodyshop because of the lighting, but then I try it in the game and it looks awful. Thanks for sharing!! ^_^

For more of my downloads, visit
Hayl's Own Little World

Lab Assistant
#105 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 8:46 PM
Thanks for this much needed fix. It helps a lot.
Scholar
#106 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 9:12 PM
Hey I'll maybe start to work with Bs now! Thanks to you !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Instructor
#107 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 10:48 PM
...Will you marry me? *GLOMPS* I officially love you! I've been wanting this since I first opened up Bodyshop, and it's been a constant annoyance. THANK YOU!!!!
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 10:51 PM
Brilliant

.:: Sim Chic ::.
New & Improved with tasty TS3 goodness!
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 12:09 AM
Thank you so much for your hard work!
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 2:41 AM
thank you so much! this is amazing, I luv you forever!
Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 4:09 AM
Thanks this is great, I so hated using Body Shop the way it was. It was so hard on my eyes and mind.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 5:14 AM
absolutely fantastic...its like Christmas in february ! My favorite Download EVER

If you have an Object request Feel free to send it to me. I may or may not do it however I am more likely to fulfill requests for items matching sets I have already uploaded. I'll respond either way.
Test Subject
#113 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 7:11 AM
Well, I had some long post with lots of quotes, but even I found the majority of it pointless.

You did great work with this project wes_h. However, as a few of your fanclub have already mentioned, and as you have already addressed, the lighting is a touch much. If I am wrong (this is to those that are commenting on how bright it is) then please correct me, but I think the lower lighting is fine, it's just the upper lighting that is too bright. I don't know if it's one light in general or more then one. Which ever the case, the lighting from the waist up is a bit too bright. Don't get me wrong, you did a really fantastic job. You also did what no one else could do. In my book that's saying something. One of the biggest problems with Sims 2 interface and you managed to open the gate to fixing it. The lighting is just a bit too bright. And while I'm sure some over-zealous individual is going to take the liberty to edit my post to their liking, I just thought that I could provide a bit more information as to how/where it is "too bright". The lower half of the Sim(s) are well lit, but the upper half is overly bright.

Again, fantastic work with this. I've mostly just been playing around in the bodyshop and haven't really gone in game unless it was to test things out when asked to, so this is really going to make things easier for myself and others as well.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 8:49 AM
RitoriBushi you can simply edit the brightness in SimPE if you think it's too bright.
Instructor
#115 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 10:18 AM
Thanks man! we really needed this but why can't Maxis get it right the first time
Field Researcher
#116 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 11:22 AM
This is how to edit the brightness in SimPE.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...175#post1582175

I posted it yesterday.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 2:12 PM
This is so amazing, well done, i been waiting for this i thought it couldnt be done! love you you rule xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx YAY (^o^)

I love buffaloes.... They're like bad ass cows!
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 2:45 PM
WOW this is fantastic!!!
I had always to modify my created sims because in BS they weren't like in the game.... Now all is right!!! Easier!! Thank u very much!!
Test Subject
#119 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 4:24 PM
oh dude Bodyshop was my grey cloud and you are my silver lining. This is soo awesome...i did have to modify a bit but i'm totally loving this....Thanks soo much!
Test Subject
#120 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 6:15 PM
Thankyouuu! I've been needing something like this for ages!!!

...^ ^......................................................^ ^...
=(^_O)= .:WeDziE:.:DoLL:.:KaBuKi:.:KiTtY:. =(O_^)=
Test Subject
#121 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ulkrhsn
RitoriBushi you can simply edit the brightness in SimPE if you think it's too bright.

Quote: Originally posted by The T
This is how to edit the brightness in SimPE.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...175#post1582175

I posted it yesterday.

I don't have the disk space for Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 to run SimPE . I also don't like to tinker with other people's work. Mistakes can be made and accidents can happen as a result.
Scholar
#122 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 11:18 PM
Hi there, I wonder if we can find out about the in-game lighting parameters, so this bodyshop lighting can perfectly resembles the game's lighting, I'm clueless where should I look that information?

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Field Researcher
#123 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The T
Try this

Credit : Rose's Tutorial

How to modify level of lighting

- Start SimPE and open wes_h´s file

It will look like this.

1) Highlight a line
2)Change 8 to a lower number
3)Hit Commit

Go on from 1 with a new line until you have done all 5 ... then finish with Save in the Files menu

Result --From 0.8 to 0.5

Tae

I dropped it down to 0.5 as well it looks mauvolous!!!! thanks wes_h, thanks T :D
Field Researcher
#124 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ulkrhsn
that was what i really need..thank you sooo much for this
edit:I tested it and it works great!
By the way, don't know if it's technically possible but it would be great if you could also fix the darkness which appears when hitting F3 and spinning the sim around.

Ulkrhsn, I think you didn´t turn your Sim to the right position. Turn the Sim to his/her right (your left) then hit F3, so the light will be in front of the Sim (just turn the picture Wes put above and this will be the right position). Well, at least this is how it works in my BShop.

And, Wes, it works perfectly unzipping directly in the downloads folder.

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 4:02 AM
This is awesome! Thank you

^*^[I don't take requests]^*^
Love and hate aren't blind, they are blinded by the fire within...
*I'm also known as EuroSand
**My my movies
Page 5 of 10