Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12876 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 7:43 PM
My Sim Julian (Andrew's husband) says, "I think the solution is simple: if you don't want to be bothered doing laundry, don't wear clothes!" Andrew is shaking his head!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12877 Old Yesterday at 12:35 AM
I find it funny when the welcoming wagon is made up of inhabitants a completely different subhood. Yeah, okay, these Bluewater Village sims walked all the way over to the outskirts of Downtown.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12878 Old Yesterday at 1:59 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : Yesterday at 2:42 AM.
@Bulbizarre : I'm fascinated to see who turns up for the Welcome Wagon. The only rule seems to be that only Sims who are available at 12:30 p.m. that day are eligible to take part. i.e. They're not at work or school. In a vanilla game that would rule out teens, as then finish school at 1 p.m. But in my game some teens have dropped out of school, and, almost none of them are going to school just now, because it's the the Summer Holidays (Vacation) in Veronaville. So I am now getting quite a few teens coming. In the latest one Zara Higgins (a teenage foster mother with two adopted kids) got three teens, all of whom live in the same street or the next street. Often it's local Sims who come to visit, but sometimes they come from much further away, or they're townies. Sometimes two of them are locals but the third one comes from another sub-hood. Some Sims seem to be regular supporters of the Welcome Wagon and will travel quite far to visit new arrivals. Sometimes, especially in the earlier days of a neighbourhood, when there are fewer Sims around, only two Sims come for the Welcome Wagon, and/or they don't come till the Tuesday.

But I'll never forget the time I had 3 Sims come from Bluewater to Downtown. They came to welcome Bianca Monty to her little downtown house in Mendoza Lane. Bianca moved to that house quite early in my game, when I was starting to include the pre-made playables in my very loose rotations. No Welcome Wagon came on her first day, nor indeed on her second day, so we began to think she wasn't getting one. Needing money to live on, she took a job in the business career. It wasn't until her first Saturday that three visitors from Bluewater, all of them business owners, arrived to welcome her to Downtown. Maybe not surprisingly, she was out at work when they came. So they just hung around outside her house for about an hour, before going home to Bluewater. I had a suspicion that maybe the real purpose of their visit was to drum up business for their shops! In Sims time it was five days since she moved in. But in Real Life, such is the speed that I play at, it was over a year! I hadn't even bought Open for Business when she moved in, far less attached Bluewater!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#12879 Old Yesterday at 2:15 AM
My welcome wagon is usually retired elders and pregnant teens. Quite the spectrum.
Mad Poster
#12880 Old Yesterday at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I find it funny when the welcoming wagon is made up of inhabitants a completely different subhood. Yeah, okay, these Bluewater Village sims walked all the way over to the outskirts of Downtown.

I think that Pescado's 'localwalkbys' fixes that, as I tend to only get sims that live nearby.
Page 516 of 516