Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 3:53 PM
Default Jones's Outfit of the Day Challenge
Here are 7 style themes, one for each day of the week. Design a look for your sim fitting into each theme.
  • At the Beach
  • Prom
  • On the Farm
  • Autumn
  • To the Future
  • Urban
  • Retro

Post your outfits bellow and let us see what you've come up with!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th May 2018 at 7:55 PM
Default Sim Sample
Okay, Sim Sample will go first. Because it's always so much fun deciding what to dress him in!

I'm not sure this is what @justJones had in mind- I think she was hoping for a different outfit every day. But as Sim always says, PVC is good for every day!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:31 PM
I don't know, but I'm glad I wasn't sipping anything when I read this. I probably would have ruined my keyboard. This was the best laugh I had all day!

Love the chicken hat, by the way.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:40 PM Last edited by justJones : 9th May 2018 at 9:04 PM.
@simsample, I did have in mind the way you said, but right after I posted I thought, "Though people can and will probably do them all in one go..." So either way, as long as people have fun! And it looks like you and Sim definitely had fun, lol.
Theorist
#5 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:44 AM
Basic black is always a good choice and with the right accessory choices, you can be ready for any occasion.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Space Pony
#6 Old 11th May 2018 at 12:51 AM
I still guestion Sim's beach outfit, ice cream does not help if he is going to take a swimm in the ocean, sure easy to remove the PVC, but how does he manage to get it back? .. oh yes, he just spins around, stupid me

Loved the pics :lovestruc

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th May 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
sure easy to remove the PVC, but how does he manage to get it back?

Sim's been wearing that outfit fabulous PVC outfit since 2005. He's not about to take it off!

Hey, where are all of your sims, everyone? C'mon, they can't be more unfashionable than Sim (although I admit I wish I could get away with that outfit...)!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2018 at 8:41 PM
I will get some up soon(ish), I've been doing a billion things at once here recently
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2018 at 11:32 AM
I love this!

I've usually ignored the Challenges section of the forum, because most of the challenges seem to involve some danger to the lives and happiness of the Sims taking part. And, as many of you know, I just love my Sims too much for that. But this one is different. This could be fun for me and fun for my Sims.

I'll put the word round my neighbourhoods and see if I can find any Sims who are up for taking part.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:44 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:54 PM.
Default Andrew Jones - Day 1 - Sunday - On the Beach
Hi! You probably all know me. I'm Andrew Jones from 19 Chorus Court in Veronaville, where I live with my mum, Gloria Jones the sports star. Well, when I heard about this challenge, I thought I thought I just had to be the first one in my neighbourhood to take part. I know I have a reputation of sometimes being shy about having my photo taken, but my mum and Julian (my boyfriend) both say I'm really quite photogenic, and I should be more confident about my body. And I really do like to show off some of the clothes I've bought. (Well actually my mum bought most of them for me.)

I'm going to try to do this challenge one day at a time. I think that's the way JustJones means us to do it. By the way, JustJones, I wonder of we're related. I take the surname "Jones" from my mum Gloria. My mum says my dad was a real "Mystery Sim". She says he was a Scottish sailor she had a one night stand with. His ship was lying in the creek in downtown Veronaville, and he had a couple of days shore leave. He didn't hang around to see me, but mum says it was the best night's woohoo she's ever had. He's the reason why I believe I'm entitled to wear a kilt. But, as I say, the name "Jones" comes from my mum. We're the only Jones in Veronaville, but I believe it's quite a common name in some parts. Welsh I think it is in origin. So I wonder if we might be very distant relations. Some think that we Sims are very different from other humans, but I think we're much the same.

But I'm digressing as usual. My friends tell me, when I start to talk, I don't know when to stop. I blame the school system myself. They're always trying to make us think. Well, if you start thinking, you're going to talk, aren't you? Well, anyway, at least I'm showing that some of us teenage boys don't just talk in grunts!

Oh, the challenge? I'm just coming to that. Here I am in my favourite swimwear:

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with my Monday outfit, but we haven't taken the photo yet, so don't hold your breath! Blame my player. (We'll call him AG to spare his blushes.) He's trying to play along in a contest too, and he hasn't a clue how to organise his time. If he could even be a quarter as organised as I am, we'd do a lot better.

The rest of you please let me know what you all think, so we don't end up with another double post. I promise I'll be wearing a little bit more tomorrow!

So far it's just Sim and I, both of us boys, who've had a go at this challenge. What's wrong with all you girls out there? I thought girls were supposed to like dressing up. Let's see what outfits you've got in your wardrobes!

I'll be back soon!
BCNU
Andrew :lovestruc
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:22 AM Last edited by gazania : 4th Jun 2018 at 12:51 AM.
My ... Andrew is not shy. i would beg to differ it's because of his gender preference, though. I think he's just an exhibitionist.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:33 PM
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 10:13 AM
Default Andrew Jones - Day 2 - Monday - Prom
Hi! I'm back again! Sorry we're running late, but my Player is so disorganised.

"Prom" is an interesting one. It used to be short for "promenade", which is a sort of traffic-free street in seaside resorts, just next to the beach, on the land side. So you can walk along beside the sea without getting sand in your shoes, or risking getting stung by jellyfish or nipped by crabs (should you take your shoes off). But I don't think that's what justJones means. Now "prom" seems also to be a Simerican word for a school dance. Now we've never had a dance at my school (maybe we should have one ), but I like dancing, and I go a lot to clubs where you can dance, and I always go with Julian, who goes to the same school as me, so maybe that's near enough. I think I've gone dancing in every outfit I've got, but for this challenge I've chosen just about my most "conservative" outfit. Unfortunately the pics might still count as NSFW, not because of me, but because of what Julian chose to wear:
Be back again soon!
BCNU, Andrew :lovestruc
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 11:37 AM
I am really having fun reading this
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:05 PM
Default Andrew Jones - Day 3 - Tuesday - On the Farm
Hi! It's me again!

There are a few farms round about Veronaville. There's the Monty Ranch, Capp Manor has its home farm, and of course there's the Old Silo Farm, though nobody's lived there or worked the place for several years now. So I reckon there's always the possibility of some casual farm work if you want to earn a few extra Simoleons. Myself I really don't need the money, but I recently made friends with Mercutio Monty, and you know what we're like in Veronaville -- always ready to help out our friends and neighbours. So I thought it would be a good to get myself some suitable clothes for working on the Ranch:
Do you like my boots? A New Zealand footwear manufacturer made them specially for me. (Thanks, Charity!) And of course shorts are always good, if you've a good pair of legs to show off like I have! I think my sleeveless jumper has a nice rustic look too. So here I am, all ready for a day's work in the sunny, but possibly muddy fields of Veronaville.

That's Monty land in the picture behind me. And in the distance, near the middle of the picture, half hidden in the trees, you can discern the silo tower of the Old Silo Farm.

All my love!
Andrew :lovestruc
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:49 PM
Wow Andrew, very stylish! I love the boots (nice work @Charity ) and the tank top is a great colour. Very outdoors-y!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:14 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:38 PM
Uh oh, @Justpetro has been at the fermented juice bar again!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Pleading guilty....
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:22 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 11th Jun 2018 at 12:39 PM.
Default Andrew Jones - Day 4 - Wednesday - Autumn
Hi! I'm back again! Sorry this is taking so long. I wanted to do it in real time, with the days of the week. But my player has been spending far too much time in Strangetown, decorating a house for Ajay Loner, when he should have been here in Veronaville with me, helping me with this challenge. Doesn't friendship mean anything to him? I don't know what the older generation is coming to. But I'm digressing as usual. . .

To come back to our subject, we don't really have Seasons in Veronaville; we just have a lovely benign gentle warm climate, where it's always possible to go outside in your swimsuit. Which, when you think of it, is just as well for Julian! So for my autumn outfit I just went for some nice autumnal russet colours:

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back soon with my other outfits. Have fun, but be good!

BCNU,
love, Andrew :lovestruc

P.S. Can I have some of that fermented juice? I'm nearly 18. Pleease!!
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:54 PM
Fermented juice? Fat chance! Unless, of course, somebody has an interesting conversation with me and I don't see what is happening behind my back
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 1:00 PM
Great outfit Andrew- I really like the shoes!

P.S Sim Sample says he'll smuggle a fermented juice cocktail out of @JustPetro 's bar for you when she's not looking!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:18 PM
You mean when I am looking the other way
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:29 PM
Hey @Justpetro What's that over there?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:22 PM
simsample in his farm outfit
Page 1 of 3