Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1026 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
tab only works for me in live mode. I don't want to put anyone in the home, I just want to take pictures so I can't use live mode.

Tab camera isn't designed for build mode, unfortunately - only live mode, so if you want to use it, you'll need a Sim somewhere on the lot.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1027 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:44 AM Last edited by Rarr : 7th Jan 2018 at 12:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Tab camera isn't designed for build mode, unfortunately - only live mode, so if you want to use it, you'll need a Sim somewhere on the lot.

ah, okay. Is that how people take the shots of houses they upload then? Also, is there a way to make the plumbob invisible?

Edit: one last thing- is it okay to delete sims? At least in sims 2, it would corrupt the game.
Scholar
#1028 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
ah, okay. Is that how people take the shots of houses they upload then? Also, is there a way to make the plumbob invisible?

Edit: one last thing- is it okay to delete sims? At least in sims 2, it would corrupt the game.

I think it must be, because I know tab camera won't work in live mode. And for getting rid of the plumbob use: headline effects off in the console. Yes, it's okay to delete Sims. I've never heard of any save corruption from doing it and I know I've never had a problem with it. Hope this helps!
Top Secret Researcher
#1029 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM
Is it possible to upload lots without it containing your EA username?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#1030 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 2:43 AM
Does anyone else struggle with raising toddlers? They're so darn cute, but sometimes I get incredibly frustrated having them around. I feel like they're really laggy, but the whole game itself is laggy.

If I'm keeping my sims on a schedule, it can be fine. But again, toddlers have so much lag that it feels near impossible to keep them regimented. Anyone else experience this?
Scholar
#1031 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Is it possible to upload lots without it containing your EA username?

No, because the Gallery username is the same as your Origin/EA id and even if you share Tray files, your Origin id will show as the original creator of the lot.
Scholar
#1032 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 8:43 AM
TS4 comes with easiest toddlers to manage, and they arn't anymore laggy than any other age group sim, while it does help a lot if you got a roommate living with you.
Field Researcher
#1033 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
TS4 comes with easiest toddlers to manage, and they arn't anymore laggy than any other age group sim, while it does help a lot if you got a roommate living with you.

It might be easiest, but dang what actually makes it harder is that sims often cancelling their actions when they are not suppose to.

*Sees toddler's bladder motive on red
Me: send him to potty train ASAP
Mom: Kk *picks him up...... NOPE *puts him down
Me: send him to potty train NOW!
Mom: Kk *picks him up...... NOPE *puts him down again and proceed to make a single serving dinner
Me: Are you cereal?! Fine. Dad, send him to potty train ASAP
Dad: Kk *picks him up
Me: Finally
Dad: *Amnesia intensifies... *puts him on high chair and proceed to give him a sugar rush
Me: God dang it you motherfather! *spam click on queue to cancel the action
Toddler: *bladder motive goes back to green

See what I mean? They can't get their priorities right, leaving their kid to do what I didn't want him to.
Scholar
#1034 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 2:58 PM
Looks like you got a mod conflict somewhere, it's not perfect but its not quite that bad...
Top Secret Researcher
#1035 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
No, because the Gallery username is the same as your Origin/EA id and even if you share Tray files, your Origin id will show as the original creator of the lot.

Thank you! :lovestruc

As for toddlers I find the simulation lag improves a bit if I don't place a high-chair (and instead make sure to put food out), because half the struggle is several sims flocking to put toddler in chair, out of chair, in chair, out of chair, serve food, out of chair x a million.

Edit:
Can I delete the selfies and paintings in my screenshot folders and still have the images ingame?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#1036 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:43 PM
I think that's possible. The game has those in cashe probably, like sims 3 does. The double screenshot is probably just made so that you have a on-PC file version of the game. Also, I'm not a Sims 4 player, but you can test that yourself as well. Just make a random selfie, hang it on a wall, delete the image from screenshot folder and reset the game. If it's there then those are stored in some cache file :D
Instructor
#1037 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Looks like you got a mod conflict somewhere, it's not perfect but its not quite that bad...

....Nah, I'd say it's that bad. At least for me. I have maybe two or three mods, MAX, but that's exactly how it sounds even in a vanilla game.

I just was curious if anyone else experienced such oddities with this life stage as I have! I love having high chairs but they're so frustrating.
Scholar
#1038 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
....Nah, I'd say it's that bad. At least for me. I have maybe two or three mods, MAX, but that's exactly how it sounds even in a vanilla game.

I just was curious if anyone else experienced such oddities with this life stage as I have! I love having high chairs but they're so frustrating.

I also had that problem and many more while raising toddlers

sometimes they would be put up on the high chair for talking purpose after I told the parent to potty train them
so they could be asked (politely) if they would like to go potty train (as if they couldn't ask them whilst they are on the damn floor!)
and some other times the toddler himself asks to be put up than one second later cries to be put down (maybe happens in real life too, but it's still stupid and annoying)

one mod that I can't recommend enough is The Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod
using it I disabled the "ask to be put on high chair" action (and many other amazingly stupid stuff that sims do)
and the game stopped being super annoying, rather than actually fun to play.
you should check it out.
Scholar
#1039 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
So I don't want to make a new thread just for this... Am I the only one getting really annoyed at the game when playing live mode ? Hadn't played in a while and this is driving me nuts lol. A lot of actions I ask my sim to do take ages to complete or just get completely ignored/cancelled. The game just gets frustrating instead of being fun and I often think "COME ON, WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE"...

take a look at the last posts on this thread you're posting on..
maybe it's related (?)
Top Secret Researcher
#1040 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 10:30 PM
It's just a general simulation lag most of us do experience. The game is usually unplayable, and as with sims 3, you needs mods to fix it, but this time mod support is not the best. Simulation Lag Fix mod should help :D
Field Researcher
#1041 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:02 AM Last edited by ryuusei86 : 17th Jun 2018 at 4:39 AM. Reason: Corrected "City Life" to "City Living"
I'm really glad this thread is still here because I have two stupid questions today.

First of all, this individual keeps showing up in the square in front of my Sim's apartment. I guess I haven't used City Living enough, because I've never seen him before. I comment more on the situation in the description of my deviantART post. Has this weirdo always been a thing? I assume he (or his female counterpart, whom I have also seen) is best avoided unless one is after a fistfight?

And then, I noticed something unusual after one of the updates in recent months. When I'd have a household in one of the non-city neighborhoods, I'd frequently see two Sims encounter each other by chance as they orbited my house in the usual manner. Regardless of age or gender, they'd both look each other up and down aggressively, as if to say, "Oh yeah? You and what army?" Then they'd start conversing as usual. I assume others have noticed this too? Or perhaps it's somehow due to my mod cocktail? It's not as much of a problem as the fellow in the ski mask, of course, but it is something I noticed.

Thanks in advance, fellow Simmers!
Scholar
#1042 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
I'm really glad this thread is still here because I have two stupid questions today.

First of all, this individual keeps showing up in the square in front of my Sim's apartment. I guess I haven't used City Life enough, because I've never seen him before. I comment more on the situation in the description of my deviantART post. Has this weirdo always been a thing? I assume he (or his female counterpart, whom I have also seen) is best avoided unless one is after a fistfight?

And then, I noticed something unusual after one of the updates in recent months. When I'd have a household in one of the non-city neighborhoods, I'd frequently see two Sims encounter each other by chance as they orbited my house in the usual manner. Regardless of age or gender, they'd both look each other up and down aggressively, as if to say, "Oh yeah? You and what army?" Then they'd start conversing as usual. I assume others have noticed this too? Or perhaps it's somehow due to my mod cocktail? It's not as much of a problem as the fellow in the ski mask, of course, but it is something I noticed.

1. That's a weirdo NPC from City Living. They come in different forms, one type is like the Sim in your photo and sometimes it's a Sim walking around in a bathrobe or towel to simulate someone locked out of their apartment.

2. That's a bug and I believe it started with the Cats and Dogs patch. It's been reported over on Answers HQ. I hope Maxis fixes it soon, because it's so annoying.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1043 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86

First of all, this individual keeps showing up in the square in front of my Sim's apartment. I guess I haven't used City Living enough, because I've never seen him before. I comment more on the situation in the description of my deviantART post. Has this weirdo always been a thing? I assume he (or his female counterpart, whom I have also seen) is best avoided unless one is after a fistfight?

You may also find Sims wearing a full body swimming costume and a Saint Patrick's day hat as one of the city "weirdos" as well. There are mods out there to disable them if you want.
Can't say I've noticed your second point but then I don't tend to pay that much attention to the goings on outside of the Lot I am playing and thus, focussing on.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#1044 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:23 AM
I started playing with seasons today. I want to know how to change the weather? I would like for it to snow or rain. In Sims 3 we could enable cheats and right click on the mailbox to change the weather, temp and how deep the snow is but, this does not seem to be the case with seasons for sims 4. Anyone know how to do this? Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1045 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:01 PM
You need to purchase and use the weather machine. I don't know if there is a cheat and even if there is, they don't seem to be working properly at the moment anyway.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#1046 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:59 PM
Why did the most recent patch give us hot/cold weather outfit categories instead of simply including that in the EP? I'm not complaining, I'm merely curious. Is there something I'm missing here? Do we have hot and cold temps with this patch now, or is it simply a ploy to try and get us to buy Seasons?
Forum Resident
#1047 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:41 PM
So I just realized that having two new outfit categories also means I have to choose the same eyeliner, lipstick, eyeshadow, earrings and whatever else two times more
Has there finally been some kind of mod or function added in the last months that lets you copy makeup or whole styles, so I only have to press two or three buttons instead of searching for every single item? Because I swear this simple thing is the bane of my existence
Instructor
#1048 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:14 PM
It would be great if there was an option to choose whether you want to set make-up for every category, or keep your every day make-up for all of them.
Forum Resident
#1049 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
It would be great if there was an option to choose whether you want to set make-up for every category, or keep your every day make-up for all of them.
Exactly! And when you switch through the categories it always uses the category filter, so you actually have to look where the freaking eyeliner is you just used. Or when you create a new random Sim they always end up having a random hat or glasses in one of the categories and you can't just delete accessoires or makeup from all categories at once. Sigh.
Forum Resident
#1050 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:24 PM
Another question - Is it normal that unplayed Sims always get incredibly skinny? Am I unlucky that I encounter this all the time or is that an actual issue?
My played households usually end up with Sims gaining more and more weight so they have to exercise, but my unplayed Sims are so ridiculously skinny. I just realized that this is like an epidemic in my game
Page 42 of 86