Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Is it possible to have clouds in the sky with advanced rendering turned off?
Just wondering. My poor laptop doesn't like when I force him to push boundaries each time I turn on the game to play,therefore I got curious if I could still have good bits without AR on. It lags my game to the extent It crashes after 30min or so gameplay,most commonly when I look up to the sky in tab mode (which is like every 3mins). I adore sky and lighting mods in TS3 and It loses its charm when there are no clouds. Its just sad. I put my hands many time on GraphicRules file and modificated lines which does smth with Advanced rendering off

AdvancedRendering
setting $Off
prop $ConfigGroup RenderForceMinspecShaders 1
prop $ConfigGroup TerrainLODMode 0
prop $ConfigGroup RenderPostProcessEnabled false
prop $ConfigGroup RenderShadowsEnabled true
prop $ConfigGroup CullUndergroundBuildBuyStructures 0

So I still manage to keep nicely textured grass\ground,more dinamic shadows without straining my devices capabilities.
But what can I do about cloud situation? Any suggestions?
(When I alter "RenderForceMinispecShaders" to 0 -tada-clouds appear,but my game doesn't aprove this option,unfortunately)
(Sorry in advance for any mistakes,I hope you'll get what I was blabbering here)
Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 12:57 PM
did you found a solution?