Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:07 PM
Default Gimp
Im learning how to use gimp. I attached a pic i traced and recolored using Gimp. I really wanna learn how to draw and stuff with gimp so if anyone could give me a tutorial thanks. I will post more traced/recolored pics when i finish them.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 8:04 PM
Do you use a tablet for your pc, which allows you to control the cursor on screen by using the stylus (pen etc.) on the tablet, which means better cursor control. It's like drawing on a piece of paper, but your results come on the screen! :P

And I find monsoonami's GIMP tutorials on youtube very helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/user/monsoonami

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 12:58 AM
i just use my mouse cuz i dont know where to get a tablet

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:05 AM
For using a mouse that's pretty good. I'll see what i can round up for you since i'm an experienced GIMP user when it comes to creating for Sims and IMVU
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:29 PM
Hmm... I don't think you need a tutorial. I would NEVER be able to do that... ever. :P
But if you really want a tutorial, just look on YouTube. They have tutorials for EVERYTHING! :D

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:08 AM
I wanna tutorial because i wanna be able to actually draw on gimp and to be able to recolor pictures really good. Also im asking for recomended tutorials since the ones ive been finding dont give enough detail. and thanks i didnt think it actually turned out that good

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:24 AM
You can get a Wacom tablet for around $100. It's a a pad that you use instead of a mouse. It has a pen type stylus, and one set comes with a wireless mouse, that lets you draw like using a pencil. It can take a little to get used to drawing with them, because you are trying to coordinate what you see on the computer screen, with what you are doing on the pad. But they are really nice for drawing. Amazon has them. Just search for Wacom.

Nice drawing for just using the mouse.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 8:58 PM
my newest recolor
Screenshots

#9 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 1:05 AM
I love them. Try Gimpknowhow's tutorials on youtube
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 11:11 PM
I do this allllll the time for imvu Ive never thought of doing it for sims!!

[IMG]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/xscenexbaybiix/rawr1.png[/IMG

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 11:09 PM
I did that using Paint.net before I got my Bamboo Drawing Tablet. Just like you, I did something with the layers so I could trace the original picture using my mouse, but I used anti-aliasing and the line tool. Now I use my drawing tablet.

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 1:27 AM
This is what i did in sims about 5 mins ago i used my laptop track/touch pad [what ever you wanna call it] thingy

Before-[feel free to save this pic to edit with if you want but i am the rightful owner so link to this fourm comment or my page, either one is good to me ]

After

i drew the hat changed the lip color/shape, changed the hair color, defined her nose and her collar bone w.e there called thingys

Hope you like it O;
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 7:56 PM
Iibeccax i love that, it's so cute <3

Which is better in people's opinion? Paint.net or GIMP?

I'm not touching Photoshop with a 60ft pole, i've had nothing but trouble with it. I don't do much with my pictures, only blur out obvious mistakes (once i took a cute photo, there was a streaker in the background -.-) I don't have much skill of editing with PDN, only creating.

"Just like to say, good luck, we're all counting on you" - R.I.P Leslie Nelsen <3

Check out my creations here ^^
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaterWolf
Iibeccax i love that, it's so cute <3

Which is better in people's opinion? Paint.net or GIMP?

I'm not touching Photoshop with a 60ft pole, i've had nothing but trouble with it. I don't do much with my pictures, only blur out obvious mistakes (once i took a cute photo, there was a streaker in the background -.-) I don't have much skill of editing with PDN, only creating.

Ive used Paint.net and Its very basic and kinda boring, you cant do much with it, but gimp is like O; WOAH its a simpler, better version of photoshop, and its free and im glad you like it :') ive done some drawings before so il show them, there not the best since i was using my laptop trackpad thingy XDD

the second pics eyes kinda retarded and the noses are WOAH bad since i fail at them [im getting better] O;
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 11:45 PM
I did some more tracing. This time its something simplier characters from this game I found Idol Days
Mine

Originals

I just did the people and I changed the colors and removed some harder details

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 1:43 AM
Hi rosegirl i have a few tips for you, if your drawing make a Color pallet (You can either make this up or if your using a picture as a referance, use the eyedropper thingy and select the colors, and also make sure the pallet is on its own layer [name the layer PALLET or somthing so you dont delete it by mistake )[Skin tones, lip colours, eyecolours hair colors ect...] , this is an example pallet i made for you

you can change the colors if you use the idrop tool xx

Also with hair may i sugest you download This!! x [Go on youtube to show you how to be able to use them in gimp- im to dumb to explain that part!!]

Also, The fuzzy brush is the BEST brush a gimp-er can have <3 ohh i am in looooooooooooveeeeeeee :D

Also try not to over smudge/blur, it will look tacky, yet harsh lines look ever worse, YUK!

and adding shine to the hair <3 my faveeeeeee
( i rushed this, just take your time and it will look better )

Anywayssssssss i think this is all i can really help with, if i think of anythink else il add on to this :DDDD

Hope this will help you x
ohohoh ask me if theres anything you want to know and il see if i can help you with it, if not i can try my best and explain if yous like xx

Beccaxxxxx