Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#10876 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 8:57 PM
Yeah the store content is way over priced. I mean for a set that includes a couple hairstyles, some new outfits, and maybe like 20 new objects it's expensive. They usually come around 1,800 sim points which equals about 20 dollars. I mean I could understand 20 dollars for an ep but really? I could get 3 good sims 2 ep's for that price!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#10877 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Digital Deluxe is $70
Physical Deluxe is $80
Base "Limited Edition" is like $60 ($60 is on par with other PC releases.)

What is that Physical Deluxe?
When I go to pre-order theres only have two options: 'Digital Deluxe' and the 'Limited Edition'
Inventor
#10878 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Belzebu
When I go to pre-order theres only have two options: 'Digital Deluxe' and the 'Limited Edition'

I don't know either. I just looked it up. I found only the Digital deluxe, and limited as well. I don't think it exists...
Theorist
#10879 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Belzebu

It's not actually called physical deluxe, it's the Premium version of the game and available on a disc which is why I called it Physical Deluxe (physical copy of the game). The only difference between it at Digital Deluxe seems to be the additional content which is likely Origin specific.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-4-Pr...c/dp/B00EFRN2KY
Lab Assistant
#10880 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:02 PM

Do she got a booty?

SHE DOOOOO
Forum Resident
#10881 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:03 PM
VIA @platinumsimmers

"Mrs Crumplebottom coming back in #TheSims4?"

that would make sense!
Theorist
#10882 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:22 PM
Digital Deluxe is $70
Premium Edition (Disc version) is $80
Base "Limited Edition" is like $60 (Both digital and physical versions)
($60 is on par with other PC releases.)

I was refering to the price in the UK, Inge posted 60 GBP (cant do alt codes on this keyboard D: ) which is $100.47, which doesn't make sense, because it should convert from the US price, into other nations, i.e. it should be around 35.99 GBP, 64.99 AUD, 65.99 CAD etc...I wouldn't expect it to be 40 dollars extra for just the base game, in other countries, granted Industrialized countries that are in the Top 10-15 of currency exchange lol.
Theorist
#10883 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
I was refering to the price in the UK, Inge posted 60 GBP (cant do alt codes on this keyboard D: ) which is $100.47, which doesn't make sense, because it should convert from the US price, into other nations, i.e. it should be around 35.99 GBP, 64.99 AUD, 65.99 CAD etc...I wouldn't expect it to be 40 dollars extra for just the base game, in other countries, granted Industrialized countries that are in the Top 10-15 of currency exchange lol.

Yeah, I know, I just didn't want confusion to spread on the price. You say $100 without much context or explanation and other people might believe that it's $100.
Scholar
#10884 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:32 PM
Yeah, I know, I just didn't want confusion to spread on the price. You say $100 without much context or explanation and other people might believe that it's $100.

Companies are usually lazy and make the prices the "same", ie. $60 or £60 or 600 NOK.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#10885 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:41 PM
For the ones who keep on asking for the cheats:

Quote:
(SimGuruGrant) Grant also answered some questions that were not directly connected to emotions
•There will be cheats but at this point it’s unclear which ones
•Sims will age and the neighborhood will progress as well. There’s no info to what extend we are free to choose the options here.
•At the moment there’s no info if there will be memories in the game but it might have a way to keep track of what has happened in your Sims life.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/0...4-emotions.html
Quote:
Conclusion

Emotions can make the Sims 4 very interesting but the outcome can also be very bad. Emotions will be omni-present in the game so I hope they’ll make sure it does not get overwhelming. Emotions are an important part of our lives and it will be hard to transfer that to a computer game so that it doesn’t become ridiculous.

The ideas do sound good in theory but how will they implement it ? Will everything be exaggerated like in Sims 3 ? Will Sims become obsessed or will the System make your Sim more life-like and not so robotic – something that is painfully absent in Sims 3 ?

In my opinion this is the feature that makes Sims 4 game-play either good or bad. All we can do is wait and see if Maxis can achieve the fine line between an diversified game and one that gets repetitive very fast and if it will have the humor many missed in Sims 3.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#10886 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

Over here the Limited Edition is 70€ - $95. If it was like that the it would be around 58€
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10887 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 9:59 PM
UK prices for things made in america are often just the same in £ as they are in $. So anything in between normal exchange rate and full number for number match would not surprise me.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#10888 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 10:00 PM
Sims will age and the neighborhood will progress as well. There’s no info to what extend we are free to choose the options here.

Noooo! I need to know that can be turned off. If I can't play in rotation, TS2 style, I'm out.
Mad Poster
#10889 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Sims will age and the neighborhood will progress as well. There’s no info to what extend we are free to choose the options here.

Noooo! I need to know that can be turned off. If I can't play in rotation, TS2 style, I'm out.

I hope so for your sake but see how SP opting out worked in Sims 3. This go around, if it's enabled to be turned off, then prove it works. Or you may have to wait for a mod again. *shrugs*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#10890 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 10:12 PM
It's not actually called physical deluxe, it's the Premium version of the game and available on a disc which is why I called it Physical Deluxe (physical copy of the game). The only difference between it at Digital Deluxe seems to be the additional content which is likely Origin specific.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-4-Pr...c/dp/B00EFRN2KY

If Digital Deluxe has more content, why the heck is the Premium Edition more expensive?? It costs more than the Limited Edition too, and they're both the base games--the only difference is that Premium's on a disc! Does anyone know why this is? Does the physical copy have more content (not including the book guide)? The prices are all kinda jacked up, and it really irks me >:I

Also, for those in the UK, isn't there this light-up USB plumbob over there that seems to be so far Europe-exclusive? Maybe you can buy it with the game (dunno which version), and that's why there's so much confusion as to how much £ it costs.
Theorist
#10891 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xythenol
If Digital Deluxe has more content, why the heck is the Premium Edition more expensive?? It costs more than the Limited Edition too, and they're both the base games--the only difference is that Premium's on a disc! Does anyone know why this is? Does the physical copy have more content (not including the book guide)? The prices are all kinda jacked up, and it really irks me >:I

Also, for those in the UK, isn't there this light-up USB plumbob over there that seems to be so far Europe-exclusive? Maybe you can buy it with the game (dunno which version), and that's why there's so much confusion as to how much £ it costs.

UK has Premium, Limited and Collectors, the US doesn't have a collectors edition yet and that might be announced at E3.

The digital deluxe thing is kind of a nudge to buy digital. I think WoW had the similar deal with Mists of Pandaria, you could get the super awesome collectors edition disc for 70-80 bucks! or you could get the digital deluxe with all the perks of the collectors edition, but you can redeem your pets/mounts/in-game items before the release date pops aaanndd it's 10-20 bucks cheaper.

Extra content and a lower price tag could be a powerful incentive to buy digital, but it is Origin. I actually trust battle.net more than I do Origin.
Instructor
#10892 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 11:35 PM
I'm not a fan of the overly cartoony style they went for with the TS4 renders, and I don't care for the blank-white background--but the composition of the boxart is nice, IMO. (Though Andre's expression annoys me... it just doesn't look quite right.)

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Test Subject
#10893 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
I'm not a fan of the overly cartoony style they went for with the TS4 renders, and I don't care for the blank-white background--but the composition of the boxart is nice, IMO. (Though Andre's expression annoys me... it just doesn't look quite right.)

I had the same opinion, the cartoony style wasn't convincing me at all, but after seeing the Build Mode video and how fast you'll be able to do things and move building I could help getting excited :lovestruc lately I've been crashing on Sims 3 every time I change my Sims clothes...
One Minute Ninja'd
#10894 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xythenol

No, that glowing plumbob USB thing is supposed to change color to clue you in to your sim's mood. But I do think the USB plumbob thingy in the Euro version also has USB powered vibrator function, which is somehow related to the new woohoo skill, but until E3, that's kind of unconfirmed. Although it could justify the premium price, if the power is respectable. I mean, those rechargeable USB ones out now seem pretty popular, right?
Alchemist
#10895 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007

Amen, sister friend.
Field Researcher
#10896 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:23 AM
"Share Your Creations: The Gallery allows you to browse, share, and download new content without ever leaving your game. Get inspired by rich content created by The Sims community and add new experiences to your game."
New content? Are they going intergrate CC in the Sims share platform?
Theorist
#10897 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TanookiMark
"Share Your Creations: The Gallery allows you to browse, share, and download new content without ever leaving your game. Get inspired by rich content created by The Sims community and add new experiences to your game."
New content? Are they going intergrate CC in the Sims share platform?

Community creations could mean sims and rooms etc but could hint at some ability to recolor or make our own stuff.
Space Pony
#10898 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:36 AM
That would be nice, integration of CC, especially if you could delete it in game. Unless their mods, but other mods ie. clothing, hair, objects. On the other hand I worry about being bombarded like the store does to me now, in game.
Mad Poster
#10899 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:46 AM
I remember in the early days of the TS3 store, like, around release. I didn't mind it because a lot of the content was very practical, well-thought-out, and people enjoyed it. And then, like a child of wealth that blows their inheritance on hookers and blow (sorry), it started producing crappy, weird, and badly made content with a few gems like Roaring Heights but nothing that really has any legitimate happiness to it. It feels fake, hollow, badly made. What we are seeing from TS4 is very sensible clothing, hair, face sculpts (minus the modern furnishings which look stuck in 2006 and do nothing for me), and I hope that they continue on the sensible trend - I like silly in my game, but it has to be done right. Supernatural was a good EP to explain this - it combined sensible (the houses) with the bizarre (the sims and some objects themselves) in a fashion that was well-put-together. Then you get more completely sensible EP's like Pets, or really out there ones with zany stuff like ITF. I want TS4 to not stray too far into "HERE'S A RANDOM SET OF OBJECTS NOBODY ASKED FOR, BUZZWORDGOESHERE!" and keep its feet on the ground, as it were.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#10900 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:56 AM
The Sims.com have had a revamp - there's apparently new renders, info etc... and a Build Mode blog - www.thesims.com ....am perusing through it now...

Direct link to the blog - http://www.thesims.com/news/buildin...-for-the-sims-4

EDIT - There's short gameplay segments that loops as you scroll down the main page - I'm kinda liking what I see there; the animations look pretty smooth...

...Titanium white...
Locked thread
Page 436 of 817