Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#13301 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
They never said they couldn't make gifs.

This man/woman is a genius! *Kisses matrix awkwardly on the cheek*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#13302 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:02 PM
You can always video-tape everything and say "i'm deaf, i didn't hear you saying we couldn't" and everything will be fine.
They can't sue deaf people for can't hear, can they?
Lab Assistant
#13303 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:02 PM Last edited by simperatrix : 10th Jun 2014 at 10:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
What is the point of showing it if they don't want to show it? I hate these kinds of events.

I am genuinely curious. What is the rationale for the NDA secrecy? Fear that someone will manipulate something into bad PR? Fear that another company will scoop them? Really, why not just do a full-on "spread the word" promotion? Someone please tell me.

ETA: ok, so other possible explanations include unfinished work and giving first dibs to press folks. I guess it helps explain the logic for the secrecy, but it neither feels satisfying nor inspires confidence in the game.

ETA: re: unfinished areas: Really, how much finishing can (or will?) be done on a game a coupla months away from release?

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Theorist
#13304 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
.@simgurugraham said we cant record any gameplay or audio. #depressed

From https://twitter.com/_worldsims
...my patience is wearing thin, at gamescom, there were many computers which allowed for many updates, and for this E3, we only get 1 large computer and limited time for 100's of eager simmers to try...and they said they can't record anything or do audio
ughgughgughgughgughgugh

Told you that's whats going to happen. I'm not surprised

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#13305 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Eh.. there will be tricksy hobbitses. Just wait.

Someone posted a video and within 1 min, it was taken down due to EA complaint :cylon:
Lab Assistant
#13306 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
That is not much to see..

What do you mean? That's a new top and new hairstyle, I believe.
Theorist
#13307 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:05 PM
Someone posted a video and within 1 min, it was taken down due to EA complaint :cylon:

EA sleeps.. I hope.
Field Researcher
#13308 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simperatrix
I am genuinely curious. What is the rationale for the NDA secrecy? Fear that someone will manipulate something into bad PR? Fear that another company will scoop them? Really, why not just do a full-on "spread the word" promotion? Someone please tell me.

There is certainly unfinished areas of the game that they don't want to show, it can't be just because they want to keep hype, i mean they have yet to reveal the most part of the game on the next 2 months.
Right now is Emotions > Build Mode > Stories.
Forum Resident
#13309 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:06 PM
The gaming world doesn't take us seriously. :/

Neither does EA.

I've never seen a company show a more passive-aggressive stance to its consumers than EA does to us.

Edited to add: and I used to be a Comcast subscriber.
Instructor
#13310 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxBacon
You can always video-tape everything and say "i'm deaf, i didn't hear you saying we couldn't" and everything will be fine.
They can't sue deaf people for can't hear, can they?

No...you could probably hit them back for not being accessible, however, if they had a sign or paper (visual bases), yeah that plan won't work.
Forum Resident
#13311 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:06 PM
EA sleeps.. I hope.

Evil never rests...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13312 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
This man/woman is a genius! *Kisses matrix awkwardly on the cheek*

I... am... ethereal.

*rises into the heavens in a blanket of light raining down the clouds*

I am also Male. Or both. Depends on the day.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#13313 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
OK, I'm through. The SGs can take the Sims 4 and keep their secrets. *sigh*

Sick of them playing around. If they never intended on sharing information, like they promised, then forget it. My eyes hurt from allergies anyway, I will go rest.

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Neither does EA.

I've never seen a company show a more passive-aggressive stance to its consumers than EA does to us.

Edited to add: and I used to be a Comcast subscriber.

Ow, that's bad. EA and their PR is so frustrating right now, I am getting a headache.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#13314 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
Seriously?

Maybe the game is awful and they're not ready to show it

Jokes aside, is SimsVip still doing that Q&A thing?
Instructor
#13315 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
If we don't learn a multitude of things from this, I have a feeling people might do something to the sims of marketers in their games (grimmy will be so overworked)
Field Researcher
#13316 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
Evil never rests...

That is true, i know this part of the video game AAA title industry, and i can confirm there are people hired that project the copyrights and this NDA contents 24/7. And they sort use the same programs i do that mass search tons of places on the internet every minute. So it's pretty hard to fight them back unless people host leaked content on places they can't takedown, if a video posted on Vimeo it will take several hours, on Youtube, minutes.
Lab Assistant
#13317 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:10 PM
The secrecy is annoying at this point... I'll admit that.
Top Secret Researcher
#13318 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
Sometime I'm unsure whether I've outgrown the Sims since I started playing when I was 10, or whether the series itself has regressed into a juvenile & elementary game.

I started simming in my 30s. It's definitely the game that's regressed.
Lab Assistant
#13319 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:10 PM
The following picture + link are most likely not accurate as of right now, but I'll post it anyway so you can see it too

(Source: http://www.game-debate.com/games/in...=The%20Sims%204)
Lab Assistant
#13320 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:10 PM
.@simgurugraham said we cant record any gameplay or audio. #depressed

From https://twitter.com/_worldsims
...my patience is wearing thin, at gamescom, there were many computers which allowed for many updates, and for this E3, we only get 1 large computer and limited time for 100's of eager simmers to try...and they said they can't record anything or do audio
ughgughgughgughgughgugh

I don't know how much thinner my patience can get. I waited until E3. I waited until they opened the floor to press. I was one of the more optimistic fans, who hated seeing all the negativity people had in the earlier days in the development cycle, and they're starting to break me.

The game comes out in three months; why don't they want to excite me? Why don't they want to tell me anything about the product I'm sure they want me to buy?
Lab Assistant
#13321 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxBacon
There is certainly unfinished areas of the game that they don't want to show, it can't be just because they want to keep hype, i mean they have yet to reveal the most part of the game on the next 2 months.
Right now is Emotions > Build Mode > Stories.

Hmm, I see. But surely there are ways to handle that, like labeling certain bits as still in production or something. Surely the audience understands that there's still some time before the game gets finalized (don't we?).

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Scholar
#13322 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

Sick of them playing around. If they never intended on sharing information, like they promised, then forget it. My eyes hurt from allergies anyway, I will go rest.

*HUGS* Hope your eyes feel better..
...and I agree with you - am fed up with all this secrecy and crap. My emotion now - disillusioned

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#13323 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simperatrix

To give dedicated press the first bite.
Top Secret Researcher
#13324 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:13 PM
Graham said that both gameplay and audio can't be recorded. They are hiding something from us. I mean OK, they probably want to surprise us with gameplay (or it's just my greatest wish) but why no recording of audio!? Link: https://twitter.com/_worldsims/stat...465776950386688
Instructor
#13325 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

EDIT:

Ow, that's bad. EA and their PR is so frustrating right now, I am getting a headache.

Agreed, I actually felt irritation and I usually don't feel anything...if this was TS2 nightlife dating game, EA would be doing so badly on the dating meter, throwing water in the face and setting Crumpblbutt on them still wouldn't be satisfying
Locked thread
Page 533 of 817