Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#326 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:52 AM
@joandsarah77 You poor thing! Have a hot toddy.

Rule question: Are we allowed to use images that are composites of several pictures, like this one?

This lot is so complex, and I have a lot of small details that I want to show, but it's impossible to get it all into 12 images! I just want to show details, such as specific pot plants or small details of objects, rather than complete images like on my example.
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#327 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 5:09 PM
Bummer Jo - I hate being ill

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#328 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 10:42 PM
Thank you guys, I think I need it, this cold is kicking me right now. Got about 3 hours sleep.

Collarges are not allowed because not everyone knows how to do them. How about I give you 15 shots for this?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#329 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear you're unwell Jo, feel better soon! 15 shots sounds good for a lot of this size, it's a lot to pack in to 12! I can't remember the last time I played such a big house, but I have to say I'm having fun making over the creepy Beaker mansion
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#330 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:27 PM
Also due to it being a large lot I might extend the round if people need it. Especially seeing scores will be late. I was planning on starting to do the code tables today but I am going to shelve it for a couple of days at least.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#331 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:17 AM
Default Smith Family 1 Tesla Court

Well, where do I start? My name is Petie Smith. At least, I think it is. That's what Jenny thinks I'm called, and I think she's called Jenny, and we both think our kids are called Johnny and Jill. But Petie doesn't sound quite right, and... Oh, sorry, yes. The house, I know you've come to see it and don't really want to hear all about the strange thing that has happened to us. Well, look around! This is what it looks like.

Instructor
#332 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:20 AM
How does your game look like the good part of TS4? Great work!

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#333 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
How does your game look like the good part of TS4? Great work!

Must be PT9's plastic hair!

Thanks for the compliment! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#334 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:47 AM
Did they forget that sims aren't normally green, too?
Instructor
#335 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 4:00 AM
In all honesty though @simsample, those screenshots look amazing. Were they photoshopped or does your game actually look like that?

That plastic hair comment cracked me up xD

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#336 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:34 AM
Looks like Sims 2 with good graphics and lighting to me. Pretty sure my own game looks similar.

@kestrellyn PT is green and so is his son, he's an alien and aliens are normally green.

Photoshoping isn't allowed in contests.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#337 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

I laughed at that, but I figure that he just figures that Green is a normal sim skin color. Just that he and Johnny are a minority in the neighborhood. :D
Mad Poster
#338 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:21 AM
Sterling job, @simsample Great way to start the round.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#339 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
In all honesty though @simsample, those screenshots look amazing. Were they photoshopped or does your game actually look like that?

It does look like that- the only photoediting is to crop the images so that they are all of a similar size. I don't have a great graphics card, but I do have my card set to override the game's anisotropic filtering and antialiasing, which makes things look much sharper that using the game's own settings. I also use my own modded cameras, so that I can get some better angles. Oh, and the great CC helps a lot too!

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

He doesn't even remember his own name, so I guess he hasn't noticed that yet!

Quote: Originally posted by LauriMizutani
I figure that he just figures that Green is a normal sim skin color.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Sterling job, @simsample Great way to start the round.

Thanks Petro!
Mad Poster
#340 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:56 AM
Let us have a green drink party
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#341 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Let us have a green drink party

Ooh, is that Aldebaran whiskey?

Mad Poster
#342 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 11:23 PM
Not that sophisticated, or dangerous Mint liqueur - one with coconut cream and the other one with champagne But we will see what we can make with that whiskey for the next party!
Mad Poster
#343 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:35 PM
Default Round 2 (very late) - Play-along - The Beakers
Nervous is going up in the world! Circe promises he'll never have to live in a dungeon again!

This is his new room!

This is also the house that the Council allocated to the Beakers. They feel it's not quite what they're used to, but it seems to have been previously occupied by someone else of a scientific bent. Loki and Circe decided to make minimal changes to the exterior.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#344 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:31 PM
Nice job, @AndrewGloria I am glad to see it up, because I know the building company belongs to Andrew and Julian - and since Andrew seemed a bit plastered to me, I was worried that the project would not have been completed in time.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#345 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:17 PM
@AndrewGloria I really love Nervous' elevated room, and I especially love that you managed to reconcile him with Olive.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#346 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 11:26 PM
Sorry that scores will be some days, I am still quite sick. :/

~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#347 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 7:29 PM
Noooo! I hope you feel better soon, @joandsarah77 !

I'll be offline for a couple of weeks whilst I go spelunking in Burkina Faso. Looking forward to seeing some more pictures when I get back!

Take care, Jo.
Link Ninja
#348 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 9:05 PM
Have fun spelunking @simsample that's an exciting vacay!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#349 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 9:14 PM
Hope you recover quickly, jo!

I'm having a hard figuring out what to do with this round.

Lab Assistant
#350 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 9:46 PM Last edited by quycksylver : 7th Jul 2018 at 12:19 PM.
Default Round 3: 1 Tesla Court--Curious
This scientific family consists of three adult brothers; Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo.
Requirements:Each brother should have his own bedroom with a nursery ready for Pascal's coming alien baby.�*
Bio's:No matter what happens, Pascal believes there is a logical explanation for everything. In his free time, he practices home psychoanalysis and collects conspiracy theories.
Serious and exact, Vidcund strives to fit the universe into a nice tidy package. He has an unnatural fondness for African violets.
Not as studious as his older brothers, Lazlo got his degree in Phrenology. He likes to call phone psychics and spends hours trying to bend forks with his mind.

The exterior is Streamline Moderne. The interior is...sort of Googie-ish? I'm not really sure what it is, but I kinda like the way it came out.

Page 14 of 25