Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[1.1] Supernatural Babies - Children of the Full Moon

by Nandonalt Posted 14th Feb 2014 at 5:27 PM - Updated 16th Feb 2014 at 11:03 PM by Nandonalt : 1.1 update

163 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 112 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 7:46 AM
Nice mod, Nandonalt! Here is russian translation in case you want to add it to this mod.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#52 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 8:34 AM
Does this also work for inactive Sims? If so, then this mod could encounter a problem with the ghost type. By EA default when all adults and teenagers in an inactive household are not at home, instead of sending for a babysitter all babies and toddlers are temporarily removed from the game and then added back once at least one of the older members returns. In the case of ghost babies and toddlers this means that the chances are very high that they won't be added back at all, because the game sees them, correctly, as dead and accordingly compresses that ghost Sim into a MiniSim, destroys the gravestone and the Sim is removed from the game for good.
Unless you're fine with this, I'd suggest to exclude the ghost occult from the list of possible supernaturals.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 12:35 PM
Thank you a lot for this! I actually tried to get that from the game once, made calculations to fall on a full moon to see if *something*, anything would happen and I was so disappointed... But not anymore =D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 6:50 PM
This is an amazing mod! Now I wouldn't need to have an occult of the specific time in the town to get occult sims in my town without making one, or using master controller to force a life state!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 8:33 PM Last edited by Nandonalt : 16th Feb 2014 at 11:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sorbesque
This is superb!

While I wait for the Genie to be added, I have some questions.
- Will this work for patch 1.50?
- Will it work for instant baby?

**edit**
Downloaded and tried the 100% flavor. Yes, it works; for both question above

Next question: I know this is just for supernatural, but would you add aliens in the future?

I don't know how aliens work exactly, yet. I saw that they have some sort of different DNA and such.
I'll look into it. Genis are coming, yes :D

EDIT: Updated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 1:35 AM
:D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 4:46 AM
Owww. This is extraordinary :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:07 PM
I LOVE this mod but I do have a suggestion-it would be even better if you had different flavours e.g. one without the ghost type etc. Just a thought but otherwise an awesome twist to the game. I love random things like this that will surprise me, thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 10:26 PM
Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh! I can't wait to install this in my game. Thank you. This is amazing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 12:02 PM
Thank you! This adds an added excitement to the full moon <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 1:16 PM
Thank you so much, this is awesome!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RodeoGalForever
I have Island Paradise and would like the chance of a merbaby on a full moon. But I don't have Supernatural. If I download this, will the Island Paradise content work even though the Supernatural won't?

There are no full moons without supernatural.
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 8:40 PM
This is a super idea! But my game lags with this mod. Has this happened to anyone else?
I took it out and the lag went away. I had the 25% one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 10:34 PM
Can you add a flavor that only has witches, so we can have Muggle-borns?

Also, like can you add a flavor that makes it so when two supernaturals/occults have a child on a new-moon night there's a chance it will be normal (and a sub-flavor for just witches so we can have Squibs XD)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 2:53 AM
i never knew the full moon could make your a baby a supernatural now i can try it out
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 7:06 PM
This is so cool!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 10:57 AM
Nice. Thank you so much for this mod, now I'll have an added taste of mystery and magic to the game. Also, I don't have Pets, but would it be possible if perhaps you could make it so that horses could have unicorns on the full moon?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 11:40 PM Last edited by CherryBerry22 : 21st Feb 2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Adding proper thanks
So let me get this correct. For this mod to work properly the pregnant mom would have to give birth on the night of the full moon only? Or could conceiving on the full moon work too?

This mod rocks and sorry I missed seeing it on here sooner.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:31 AM
Thanks, love this mod
Test Subject
#70 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 4:17 AM
First of all, thanks for this! Love this mod! My human sim couple have had two sets of twins while using this mod. The first set were girls. Upon leaving the hospital and various times since, both parents have seen the ghost of the babies and they'll never forget such a shock... this is what it says in the message box. I thought the girls would be ghosts, but there was no change to their appearance. When they aged to toddler, I noticed upon clicking a mirror that they not only had the option to change their appearance, but also change the color of their scales! When I chose the color scales option, they both have scales! Mermaids! Yay!! However, when I look at them to edit in CAS, the Supernatural box is empty, but there is a sparkling light around it. I've also noticed that their voices have a ghostly echo to them. So my question is this... are they mermaids, or ghosts, or is this a glitch? Thanks in advance for your response!

I should add that I have all EP's and SP's and am patched to 1.67. Also, the 2nd set of twins were boys and I looked at them in CAS when they aged to toddler... they're both witches
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:12 PM
well put it in now can't wait for a full moon birth ;D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harps36
First of all, thanks for this! Love this mod! My human sim couple have had two sets of twins while using this mod. The first set were girls. Upon leaving the hospital and various times since, both parents have seen the ghost of the babies and they'll never forget such a shock... this is what it says in the message box. I thought the girls would be ghosts, but there was no change to their appearance. When they aged to toddler, I noticed upon clicking a mirror that they not only had the option to change their appearance, but also change the color of their scales! When I chose the color scales option, they both have scales! Mermaids! Yay!! However, when I look at them to edit in CAS, the Supernatural box is empty, but there is a sparkling light around it. I've also noticed that their voices have a ghostly echo to them. So my question is this... are they mermaids, or ghosts, or is this a glitch? Thanks in advance for your response!

I should add that I have all EP's and SP's and am patched to 1.67. Also, the 2nd set of twins were boys and I looked at them in CAS when they aged to toddler... they're both witches

Looks like they are a hybrid of some sort... a glitch, probably!
Thanks for the feedback, it helps me to code better!

I hope it didn't break your game, lol
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 11:14 PM
My mermaid babies always just have the sparkles around the category box so maybe they are just mermaids?? Let us know if it spawned you some weird hybrid!! This is such an awesome idea!! I have always hoped for a family with all the different occults!! This is the only realistic way it could happen!! I'm downloading it now to try it out!! How do you plan the birth around the full moon though??
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:05 PM
Yes I also agree with a version without ghosts please ^_^
Great idea otherwise.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:35 PM
OMG! This works fabulous ingame, and it is awesome!!
Page 3 of 7