Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default China Hot Springs nightmare
Hi all

First I'd like to say sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm honestly trying VERY hard not to rip all my hair out, because this problem is so frustrating.

Here's my problem:

In China, the Hot Springs lot looks like EA let a giant use it as a golf course, the whole lot is all out of joint: the stairs don't touch the ground and all the objects are sunken.

I want to edit it, but I just looked at the lot and, to be blunt and honest, I don't know how editing the lot will affect the tomb underneath.

So, I ask the great modding community of MTS, how do I fix this without fiddling with the tomb.

All help is welcome, and sorry again if this is the wrong place to post this.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:05 AM
I think that lot fell victim to the Late Night patch, which changed all pools. Before LN it was fine, now it's a mess. Editing the lot shouldn't have any effect on the tomb if you leave everything alone that is connected to the tomb underneath. IIRC that affects only a dive well and a smashable boulder and, maybe, the first room. Just check the lot with buydebug on for any markers or triggers overground.
Of course that depends on what kind of editing you have in mind. You will be rather limited with regard to terrain sculpting, because the basements might prevent any changes (and I don't recommend using CFE to bypass that).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 4:35 PM
Sorry for the delay in answering.

So, then what do you recommend I do? Just edit it as best as I can, or just leave it?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 6:47 PM
You can always replace the lot with an unedited version that you've saved to the bin before you start, so you can at least try.
When I tried once right after the patch, I failed. Not because I broke the tomb but because I couldn't re-add the staircases that lead down to the pool area.

The question is whether it's worth the time and effort. Not only has the LN patch broken the lot, it also broke the routing to and from that lot. If you think it will be a nice community lot for other Sims, too, then you might end up with lots of stuck Sims who can't leave the lot anymore. Dragon Springs and Hot Springs suffer from that same issue. So, when I travel to China the first thing I do now is set both lots to No Visitors Allowed and then forget about them.
You might try whether this issue is better with ellacharmed's fixed China, but the versions that I had a long time ago couldn't fix it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 10:05 PM
Well, if I can still navigate the tomb with the rest of the lot looking like a meteor crash site then I'll just have to forbid other sims from coming to the lot and zenoport if I have to.

Thank you for your help, I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem, if I find a way to fix it I will let you know.