Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default TS2UC pause key (`) not working
I just installed the Ultimate Collection and noticed that the little key just to the left of the 1 (` this one) isn't pausing my game like it should. For some bizarre reason, the apostrophe (') is doing it instead.

I'm on a 2012 iMac running in Windows 7 via Boot Camp. I don't know if perhaps this is a problem that only pertains to Boot Camp, but the keys work properly outside of the game. I have also tried with a regular USB keyboard and have the same problem, so it doesn't appear to be the keyboard doing it. Has anyone else had issues with this in the Ultimate Collection or other versions of TS2? Any ideas what could be causing it or what could possibly fix it?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:40 AM
That hasn't worked for me in a long long time. It stopped with one of the expansions. I have the European version of the game. This issue is supposedly to do with keyboard layouts - or at least as I understand it from the reading I did a good while back. What might have happened is that the UC uses a slightly different version of the keyboard mapping to the one you had. I tried various fixes. None worked. I just use the P key (or ' as you mentioned).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:33 AM
Or you can use numpad 0, or the Pause/Break key (if Macs have one).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:28 PM
I've always used the P key. But I don't have the English 26-letter keyboard, so half my non-letter keys are in different places to begin with.

Some programs will revert to the standard 26-letter keys once in a while. My Photoshop version frequently does that, which always is a pain when I'm writing filenames (the -_ keys switch with others).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:15 AM
Ooooooh, it was one of the expansions that did it? No wonder. Not all of them ever came out for Mac, so I never had them all before. Dang, too bad there's no fix. I like to have my right hand on the mouse and my left hand on the time controls, and both p and ' are clear on the other side of the keyboard from 1-2-3 :/ That's not particularly good design, I think. Oh well. Thanks for all your answers Least I know I didn't somehow mess it up myself!