Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 4:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
I just have one question. For those of you who might've gotten this too.. WHERE is Bodyshop? I don't see a link/shortcut for it unless I am not looking in the right place. I've looked in the TS2 folder in ProgramFiles and also the EA Games folder in My Documents and I don't see one in the Start Menu either. Please don't tell me it didn't come with Bodyshop. That would be a major bummer.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:11 AM
Program Files/Origin Games/Fun with Pets/SP9/CSbin and you have to make your own short cut.
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:04 AM
Could someone please point me to tutorials that explain how to manually install Sims2Pack Installer and HCDU?

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Program Files/Origin Games/Fun with Pets/SP9/CSbin and you have to make your own short cut.

Thanks..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:37 AM
Why do you need to manually install Clean Installer or HDCU?
If Clean Installer is putting things in the wrong place, that's not an installation issue, you just need to fix the save path in its settings: Ultimate Collection FAQs

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#6 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Why do you need to manually install Clean Installer or HDCU?
If Clean Installer is putting things in the wrong place, that's not an installation issue, you just need to fix the save path in its settings: Ultimate Collection FAQs

HCDU cannot find sims2 data path. I read the 2pack installer had to be done manually, I haven't used it yet. I read everything I can find but all the info is so jumble up together making it difficult. That's why I asked for a link about it. I usually look for info before adding to my game just to be sure I do it correctly. Thanks for the link

Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:20 PM
Hi. Yesterday I downloaded the UC- it was the best way to get rid off my old, slow comp and move everything to the new one. I also wanted to move all my downloaded staff from this site and some others. And... I don`t know, where to put it. I`ve tried to put the folder "Downloads" into the Fun with pets->SP9->and CSBin, TSBin, TSData... Wherever I`ve been trying, it didn`t work anyway.
Could anybody please help me?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lexia
Hi. Yesterday I downloaded the UC- it was the best way to get rid off my old, slow comp and move everything to the new one. I also wanted to move all my downloaded staff from this site and some others. And... I don`t know, where to put it. I`ve tried to put the folder "Downloads" into the Fun with pets->SP9->and CSBin, TSBin, TSData... Wherever I`ve been trying, it didn`t work anyway.
Could anybody please help me?

Downloads goes in the Documents folder, just like the Mods folder for TS3.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:53 PM
I have to ask, is it compatible with Windows 8? Because I downloaded it, started it up and everytime I go on create a sim it crashes. I tried to put all the graphic settings on low but it doesn't help. I'm not that good with computers so could anyone help me?
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
Downloads goes in the Documents folder, just like the Mods folder for TS3.

Thanks. I put it to the "Objects" (maybe it was my mistake... I played TS3 once only, without any CC so I don`t know how does the "folder side" look like) and all stuff like beds, chairs etc. appeared but the mods not. I`ve got both mods and CC in one folder, more then 10 thousands files in it... So it is impossible to separate them :/
Is there any other place where I could put my folder with all stuff, and don`t mind if it is CC or mods? I`m a layman, so be lenient
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:27 PM
Sounds like you need to enable CC and disable the CC dialogue in the ingame options. Maybe have a look at Game Help:Getting Custom Content to Show Upwiki.

Also, guys, if your problem is different from the original poster's problem, please make your own thread.

Duine, HCDU probably just needs a small settings tweak like S2PCI, have a look in its install folder for a file called something like settings.ini or HCDU.ini.

Theorist
#12 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 8:20 PM
Sorry Nysha, thought I was in the UC help section. I never played Sims3 and tweaking files is out of my range. Thanks for the help and I'll check later when more info is available. I can do without HDCU for now since I don't usually have game problems, mostly my trying to figure out things, lol.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:47 PM
You are - this is the forum to post UC questions in - just one thread per question, please.

Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You are - this is the forum to post UC questions in - just one thread per question, please.

Ok, sorry for my offtop .And thanks for helping
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:58 PM
How do I get HCDU to work with UC o.O?
In my game I have bunch of mods. When I'm in game and use the bookcase, my Sims reset. It has never done this until I installed my most recent bunch of mods. I tried removing my mods folder, and that fixed it. So I put the mods folder back in and deleted the mods I either didn't need or couldn't figure out what they are. After I tried to play again, the Sims were resetting themselves again after getting a book from the bookcase. this time it was better because they didn't continue to reset after I told them to do something else, so I'm obviously on the right track. I went back to my mods folder and got everything out of it that had to do with bookcases, but that didn't change anything. I started searching online for answers to no avail. Can anyone help? And before you ask, yes I have tried deleting my cache and thumbnails.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:00 PM
@SamRocker12 http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534429

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:09 PM
I fixed it! :D