Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Ultimate Collection Questions
So I decided to take advantage of the free Ultimate Collection, which is a bit intimidating for me since my sole Sims experience has been the original Sims 2 CD. But after my first attempt at installation resulted in the temporary deletion of all my saved games, I've decided to be a bit more cautious trying to reinstall the second time around.

My main problem is that after all these years of playing with just the main CD, I'm rather attached to the simplicity of the sims I already have. What I really wanted out of the collection was the stuff packs. Does anyone know if it's possible to utilize some of the packs that come in the collection while leaving some out?

Failing that, does anyone know if it'd be possible to retain the game without expansion packs at the same time as having the Ultimate Pack? I don't know if that's possible giving that one is on CD and one is an Origin download. Or if it's something that could be possible if I used two different accounts on my PC? Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:40 AM
I doubt that it would be possible to install just some SPs or EPs. If you want to try, you'd need to find the Ultimate Collection installer in your Origin temporary directoy (it should still be there from when you downloaded and installed it before). If it's one big exe for everything, you're out of luck. If there are separate installers for the separate collections included, you can probably install some but not all of the collections.

You can't have UC and regular Sims 2 installed at the same time. Unfortunately, you also can't use AGS with UC. There is a way to manually disable EPs by editing your registry... but it's a pain in the arse, and I'm a bit leery of recommending it as a regular thing, as it's easy to mess something up.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.