Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:30 AM
Fixing Mailbox Recolor Custom Content for Apartments
(NOTE: ONLY IF THE RECOLOR IS CALLED mailbox_woodwhite)

So I recently got into a situation where the mailboxes on my apartment lots were replaced by a re-color single-family residential mailbox! Here is how to fix it!

STEP 1 (Uninstalling the CC)

First you need to locate cc in your Downloads bin, however if your Downloads folder is unorganized like mine its very hard to, so fellow simmers I did it for you! In downloads search 64dd4dfe8b6c10f26b265efed10ddad9_0001 (or copy and paste it from here to search) then right click and select delete, now type in or copy and paste 7b425849eaa8911fdf2d1473a0cf349f_0001 and delete that as well

STEP 2 (DOWNLOADING THE PATCH)

Go to http://modthesims.info/d/413573 and download sdMailboxALpatchNonSingleRes.zip and extract it to your downloads folder (this patches the mailbox and removes the single-residential mailbox and replaces it with an apartment mailbox only if its an apartment lot)

STEP 3 (CHECK)

Launch The Sims 2 and see if the mailbox has changed, if it has continue with your game experience

I really hope this helps you guys, if this doesn't work please comment and let me know what happened so I can review this and hopefully put a new method out for those who didn't benefit from this

Best Of Luck,
zkettell
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:53 AM
Thanks, it helped me a lot
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 5:16 PM
resurrecting this topic just to say, THANK YOU <3