Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:36 AM
The seventh child is born! It has been going quite well for Dominic, some aspiration failures but not too bad. But only one girl, and two set of twins. (I did not know that cheesecake eaten on another lot affected pregnancies.)
There is Deneb, fortune teen, Io, popularity teen also a boy but I did not check the names. Regor is a child, soon to be a teenager, Cassiopeja, child, Castor and Pollux, toddlers and newborn Sirius.

I have integrated the challenge in the regular rotation of my hood so they are a part of a big community with a lot of friends. The biggest issue for them is the lack of money, but they are getting by quite well anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing them all grow up and make the hood greener.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#227 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:59 PM Last edited by DitzyEkko : 8th Jan 2015 at 12:21 AM.
I'm gonna try this. I have Shorter Pregnancies, No Alien Sexism, and Mulit Pollination Techs so the kids will be closer in age and have varying traits. Yay. I think if the kids aren't green with big ole bug eyes, maybe they will have an easier time making friends and getting a job

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Field Researcher
#228 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 12:22 AM
http://ditzyekko.blogspot.com/2015/...ess-jemima.html

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Field Researcher
#229 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 10:32 PM
This has always been a favorite challenge of mine, but I haven't done it since I've gotten my new computer so I'm going to give it a go again owo

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Test Subject
#230 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 2:54 AM
This challenge is so fun, but MIND BLOWINGLY aggravating. Taking care of babies and toddlers and a preggo dad at the same time is sooo frustrating, but fun nonetheless. If you get bored easily, this is the challenge for you - just don't use cheats.
Mad Poster
#231 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:16 AM Last edited by grammapat : 22nd Mar 2015 at 6:55 PM. Reason: THAT didn't work!
And I've read through this whole thing to answer some questions, but since it started years ago I doubt the original poster is still around.
SO - I have a mod that changes the ages: babies is still 3 days, but toddlers are SIX ; this should make it harder - I think.
Adults have 35 to 40 days; if the sim gets pregnant every three days that means ELEVEN babies !!! or???.
I have toddler beds - sounds like people used a toddler "blanket", so I guess my beds are OK (and they don't get "dirty")
Author says "-15 points for every child taken by social worker", but if they show up they take ALL the kids & babies. Incidentally, even with the "no social worker" hack, if the only adult or teen is home and tries to leave (for school, work, community lot) HE will refuse to leave. Even though technically if they go to a community lot NO TIME PASSES.

I think I'm good at managing lots of babies, so I will make it hard on myself...
Will have to copy the long list of rules... Will NOT use toddler beds (or maybe only half what is needed!) WILL add penalty for toddlers having a crying fit for being dirty, hungry, or unloved.
With my age default making toddlerhood last 6 days, kids/teens last 12 days, and adult from 35 to 40 days, I figure:
If my "victim" has a baby every 3 days from his day 4 to his day 31, he would have 10 babies.
The worst day would be day13 & 16, when a new baby will be born and there may be 3 toddlers. But at least on that day one toddler will become a child.
Every 3 days when a baby is born, there will be a baby needing help aging, and there will be one other toddler.
If there is a delay aging up a baby, or twins ---OMG!
The first baby won't age to a helpful teen until day 25, when baby #8 is born. At that time there should be 4 kids, 1 toddler, and one baby needing to become a toddler.

Also, I have LOTS of default PTs (and they have all been geneticised) so who know what we will get?
==================
So right off the bat, I got triplets. I have ACR, and picked "random" for number of babies...From now on when he first gets pregnant I will click on ACR to see how many babies are due and pick THAT at birth (I THINK that will show a random number too, but if it shows MORE than twins I will only ALLOW twins).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#232 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 11:33 PM
Am I talking to myself here? Ok, so I don't mind if I do...
A typical day: first child Astral is a help, but with 2 toddlers a baby and pregnant...

Mad Poster
#233 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 6:18 AM
Pescado's sshack will let you leave the lot with children still on it. If you leave them for a long time though the social worker will come; it's mainly useful for if the nanny is late.

I love that girl's coat! I only just recently found those. Maxis pyjamas though, eww. :P
Mad Poster
#234 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 7:53 PM Last edited by grammapat : 24th Mar 2015 at 8:09 PM.
Here's some random picture of the quickly-growing family of Joe Average:
This is first-born Astral eating snow while Dad starts a relationship with Chloe Curious (I think)

I wonder if this is a negative point: Joe worried when a Toddler without a bed fell asleep...

But so far he has potty trained all the toddlers, some grow up plat, and he teaches kids to study

First-born Astral is so dark, I had to add makeup just so you could see some features. Her fine features are from her PT dad, but not her skin.

Instructor
#235 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 9:51 PM
On man I totally forgot this challenge existed once I get over my cold I will deffently reinstall the sims 2 and play agian
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 12:52 PM
Just started this. He's about finished with his second pregnancy and man it's getting hard already. His needs are dropping so fast! He's currently passed out on the floor! I already had to cheat and get a nanny...There was just no way I could take care of the kid when i can't stay awake. Unfortunately the Nanny appears to be bugged...the kid wants to go to bed and she just keeps spreading bottles all over the floor and letting him pass out.
Test Subject
#237 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 2:18 AM
I attempted doing this, in my own way. I made an empty neighborhood, planning on making an alien town with my dad, Richard, as the progenitor.
Poor, poor Richard. He is abducted, dropped off on an island, and repeatedly impregnated with alien babies. He manages to have six in quick succession--two teenagers, two children, a toddler, and a newborn, and is pregnant with the seventh and last child. (I moved the firstborn to college just before she aged up, so she wasn't in the house.)

For some GODAWFUL REASON the only other teenager decides to mess around with a broken computer in Richard's cramped room. She gets electrocuted, and the computer sets on fire. The fire was put out, but quickly engulfed every item in the tiny room. Both Richard, the teenager, and a child perished in the fire, right as the other child grows into a teenager.

But too late. The social worker shows up and takes the newborn and teenager away. Game Over.
Test Subject
#238 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 12:41 AM Last edited by shawnaleighx : 28th Dec 2021 at 1:59 AM. Reason: UPDATE!
I'm attempting it for the first time tonight we have 2 gen Lucian Deveraux and who currently has a child Blix, toddler Iskadar and baby girl Ayvia. He hasn't been abducted again yet thank god! I have a mod which means the babies only stay babies for a day, before I know it they've aged. It's almost impossible to try and teach the toddlers anything. I managed to potty train and learn to talk for Blix but poor Iskadar and Ayvia have no chance!!

I'll probably just about survive this, poor Lucian.

EDIT: I FAILED.

Lucian managed to have two more children. Girls Starr and baby Leda. Then he got abducted and I forgot to get a babysitter the kids got taken away by the social worker
Test Subject
#239 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 8:07 PM
Default The Xenophilia Challenge - 7 Alien Babies Twist
I forgot I had started this challenge!

Here is where I'm at (I don't know how to add pictures, I have some for this challenge)

I started with Sam Grounder, I made him a Knowledge sim, so I could have him summon aliens
He currently has four children, with many crazy adventures on the way! Gemini, Cosmo, Nova, and Aries. He is also pregnant with his fifth alien child! So far Cosmo is the only boy, so he's hoping the next will be a little brother!
Test Subject
#240 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:49 PM
Sam Grounder has had his last baby! Unfortunately for Cosmo he's the only brother of the 7 siblings.

Gemini is now an adult, she still lives at home to help with the siblings. Like her father she has the Knowledge aspiration, and for obvious reasons she's very interested in being abducted by aliens.
Cosmo is still a teenager but his birthday is just around the corner. He's dating the lovely Amanda Velvet (one of my created sims) and they are considering moving in together at a University.
Nova is also a teenager, and is a bit rebellious. She sneaks out almost every night with Johnny Smith and has been brought home by the cops more than once.
Aries is an active kid, and loves being outside swimming, playing on the playground, and shooting hoops!
Seren is the quietest of the Grounder family, she enjoys reading books and watching TV alone.
Leda is still just a toddler, but loves her eldest sister Gemini, who helps her learn all the skills a toddler needs!
Astra is the youngest, still just a baby.

Fun challenge! I generally make large families anyway so it was fun switching a few things up and having a single dad and aliens!! I went with some classic space themed names. It'll be fun to watch this family grow up.
Test Subject
#241 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 12:04 AM
i think im going to try this challenge over the hurricane weekend (thank u hurricane matthew!). i have the ultimate collection so maybe the rules should be modified a bit. would either the father or the children growing vegetables and fruit trees be cheating?
Test Subject
#242 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 6:51 PM
I wanted to do a Legacy Challenge when I came across the Xenophilia Challenge, so I thought I'd just do both. Basically, I'm thinking of doing the Xenophilia Challenge for ten generations. Can I just do that?
Test Subject
#243 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 9:35 PM
It was couple of years since I have tried this chellange and know I will try to beat it finally. I'm tweaking it a little since I have custome age stages and all my adluts have 32 days so I have to try to have 10 pregnancies.

I'm also leaving my adluts progeny at home, I got too much in love with satochi413 "abducted, dropped off on an island, and repeatedly impregnated " and created my sims backstory as a poor guy who got abducted as a teen by aliens, then droped at a island in Bermudas Triangle.

As the island have some population, a little one and sole of poor sailor, pilots and cruse goers who had luck/misfortune to survies the crashes. The fact that there was this kid who showed up in a beam of light out of nowere, awakned in them fear that there are ever worse unknow things out there. Thier situations could have been explained by sience, but his not, so they decided to keep the hell away from him.

The fact that he one day just start to "call" the strange lights and bend natural laws by poping strange creaturse left and right only cement the islanders fears. So all the kid stays home because it's the only place thier are welcome and somehow safe.

I have decided to use the one time +70000 option and bulit him his own house with a space for expansion so it will evolve around the kids.

So here is my poor guy Wojtek Przybłęda, he have a family aspiration, he longer for belonging and to have a family once more and he will be geting it, although in a horrifyng way.

Here is he geting abducted, he should have left that strange teloscop were he found it but it's to late now, he will never be free. (silent evil laughter)

I have him stock up on some food and try to ease his life a little by making him read some children care & development books when he still have time for that.

For a pregnant guy he seams to be pretty unconcerned.

Here is Wojtek with his baby girl Arata.

As for now Arata is now a toddler and will be becoming a big sis in couple of hours.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#244 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 6:01 PM
So, not much have happened since last time posting.

Arata learned to walk and thankfully how to use the tron a while before becoming a child.

She is quiet a helpful kiddo, Arata helps her prego daddy a lot by cleaning around the house.

Wojtek now have a son named Barebos, he is such a cutie bean as a baby.

Who already has become a toddler and while still cute he have the wildest ears I had ever seen. What kind of creature have a misfortune to birth his green deadbeat padre.

Wojtek have made a friend and have some very serious plans for them, but it's unlikely to last when you have 2 kids and another on the way, you don't ever have time to answer a phone!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#245 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 2:47 PM
So Wojtek have indeed lost a friend but the five children he already have seems to be more than enough for him to be happy.
We have some new addition in the form of three young ladies.

(Barebos, Cecilia, Wojtek)

Cecilia and Delfina are now kids. Cecilia is a pure angel but Delfina was a impossible to please as a tod, always bored, never taking pleasure of anything and if any then it was supper slow. But somehow she is the only kid that I have that aged with platinum aspiration.

(Delfina, teen Arata and her crush)

Erinda is the youngest at the moment, just aging out of babyhood.

(Erinda with teen Barebos)

Barebos is a teen with pleasure aspiration, who loves charismatic people with creative side to them.

Arata is a adult with family aspiration that is into chubby red heads. As a teen she had reciprocated crush at the island gal, we will see if it will survive the age stage difference.

Screenshots
Instructor
#246 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 11:21 PM
Today I did this challenge, and I was very disappointed that the telescope abducted my sim when I was already pregnant, it was daytime and I only gave him to see through, not to be abducted, which the social worker took my 4 children, It was the telescope's fault, not mine, now I have to start over, I only put this on because the telescope you recommend has destroyed the challenge for me.
Page 10 of 10