Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 6:50 PM Last edited by smellincoffee : 15th Dec 2018 at 7:53 PM.
Default Tried to give kitten up for adoption, game won't let me save
My sim's cat had three kittens; I gave them up one by one and the game glitched on the third one. Now Buy/Build mode, traveling, change sim, and saving are all disabled because an "Adoption Event" is in place. I tried resetsim on the cat, no dice. I tried out-living the cat by using short lifespans and potions of youth to keep my human sim alive while the cats aged off. The cat who was supposed to be given away as a kitten has now died old age and the game STILL thinks it's "leaving the household". Any tricks, any help?

Specs:
The Sims 4 + all full expansions + Parenthood game pack
Windows 10, version 1803
16 GB ram, 2 TB HDD
i5 processor, 3.5 ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 200 series.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:36 AM
Do you have mods?
Can you get into map view and select a different household or put that household in the library? Probably not right? What about exiting the game?
Maybe "repairing" the game on origin?
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 12:42 PM
When I had this happen to me I ended up closing the game and losing some progress.. so I don't know how you can fix it otherwise.. sorry..