Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mexican Flair

by -Shady- Posted 11th Aug 2010 at 4:20 PM - Updated 14th Dec 2010 at 5:03 AM by fanseelamb : fixing ep tickboxes

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 7:19 PM
Shady,you're not only a master of sims but also building! This lot is beautiful and so evocative of the warm and happy feeling I associate with Mexican culture. I'm Mexican and I know some have complained it's not realistic, but to me it captures the spirit! My sims will be happy here enjoyig all the beautifully detailed homes and public spaces! Thank you.
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 2:51 AM
I Really really loved this!
I have to say, as my fellow mexsicans did, that this isnt what you usually see in Mexico these days, but it captures our culture in a great way.
Who cares if we dont use all those colors,the traditional Mexican culture is colorful! Plus, I think that if she had used white, yellows and oranges, it would have looked so mexican.
I really like what you did, the attention to details is amazing, like the old walls, the clothes...
Field Researcher
#28 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 2:04 AM Last edited by goyahaslegs : 15th Aug 2010 at 11:27 AM.
I have not been lucky enough to visit Mexico yet but the colours remind me of Frida Kahlo's house. I've only seen images and the movie about this amazing artist but your colours capture, for me, the essence of her style. I love this building and it is a wonderful interpretation of a beautiful culture. Even if I'm historically incorrect it gives me a feeling of my favourite artist - so thank you Shady.
Instructor
#29 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 8:06 AM
shady everything about this lot screams happy for sure great colors and over all flair...awesome job...=0) i love it.

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Instructor
#30 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 10:15 AM
This is totally amazing!!!

My DEVIANTART profile
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:00 PM
So beautiful!

And it gives me so much inspiration!
Thank you!!

Find me at Sims Crossing
Scholar
#32 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:00 PM
I think it looks great, Shady. You put a lot of work into it and it shows. Your attention to detail is perfect.

Thanks Bunches!
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 12:38 AM
put an advetisement (paint or posters) of some beer like "cerveza corona" in every corner and that will be a 100% mexican town no mather the colors or even the buildings. XD
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:58 PM
Nice try but i have to tell you those kind of houses were only around here in the revolutionist times (100 years ago) now they r common houses
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 8:52 PM
This is beautiful. Whether it is authentic or not...eh, who cares. We make and download lots everyday that have labels on them.. Fisherman's Cottage, Japanese house, etc. It just gives us all an idea what we are going to find when we open the file. Don't take those comments to heart. This is wonderful work. I love the colors and detail.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:37 AM
thanks for making a nice villa, this will look great in my town
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 8:02 AM
Very pretty, thanks very much!

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 1:36 PM
I remember playing that game! They actually put polar bears in México and docks, piers and whatnot in Paris on the Seine, so you're at the very least much more accurate than your model Seriously though, beautiful upload, thanks for sharing!
Instructor
#39 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 8:01 AM
These houses are lovely, and please don't listen to others. I don't get why they're so offended by it. If someone was to make a "Canadian house" (whatever that is) and it wasn't entirely accurate, I wouldn't be mad over it. Especially not if it's a beautiful lot like this one! As long as it has some correct elements (which your lot has-according to some Mexican people I speak to), it's a nice and valid lot. And one last point, it's a lot for *Sims*, it doesn't need to be exactly the same as real life.

Thumbs up! You did a nice job. I always enjoy your creations.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 4:27 AM
This will be a rare time were I will post something (not that I am special I am more reserved and shy).

-Shady- I enjoy your creations and use them often in my game. As for being inspired, moved, and/or whatever it is that helped you make this lot, well I think you nailed it! I have gone to Mexico every summer for over 15 years and I have been to may place there. The capital City to the most remote mountain village. My father (God rest his soul) was born in a village that is very much like this lot! It is not a colorful but you captured the idea and I thank you for sharing it.

@RogeerBlood - It is for a GAME not for REAL life! Get over yourself and I know you can read and/or write in English as you responded to a second post! Los ranchos de Mexio son el corazon del pais!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 11:07 PM
loooveeee this!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 3:48 AM
this is excellent! it really captures the Mexican culture and its something i would love to play with. No CC is awesome too...fab job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 5:49 PM
Oh my gosh ... here I finally decide what type of island I want to put together (more medieval type) and then I see this. Absolutely gorgeous! So now I have to rethink what I want to do! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:12 AM
This lot is awesome, looks like "lost in time".
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 11:59 PM
The wall with the dusty edges is the aged brick from WA I think.

Beautiful Work Shady -- I've tried making a lot like this for ages and never could get it right. No I finally have a place for Frida Kahlo-Sim!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 3:59 AM
I don't normally post comments, but I have to say this lot has brought me to have to say something. When I saw this lot, all I could say was "WOW!", just wow...the details, the colors were so gorgeous!

I was very impressed, but then again I love all the stuff you upload. I trust your work and see how much you pay attention to details. I can't thank you enough for sharing with us.

Congrats on being featured! You definitely deserved it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 7:51 AM
As a Mexican-American, these take me to my childhood memories of my family across the border. Beautiful and well done!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 12:18 PM
Wow, featured =) thank you all for the feedback, i'm glad you like it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:28 PM
I love this little village! It's so colorful and cheery.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 2:30 PM
Hi Shady! This is so wonderful. I haven't played Sims3 for a bit, but I really want to get in the game and play with this lot. It looks so much fun.
Page 2 of 4