Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 3:01 AM
Default Any way of fixing this wall/roof interaction without creating ridiculous overhang?
As the title states. I'm building this house but the roof just isn't cooperating. Suggestions/solutions are welcome.

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 2:34 AM
Use the arrow feature to move the structured edge in more. You can always slide the roof covering out, all by itself, without actually sliding the room like structure. There are separate sliders for moving the entire roof structure versus just having the roof tiles overhang a bit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 4:44 PM
yes but expanding the roof any further creates overhang, a lot of it, thanks to the grid. If there was a way to resize the roof independent of the grid, that'd be much easier. But as it is now it doesn't even overhang the wall enough to create a gutter. And unlike the regular gabled roof, you cant expand the overhang itself.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyrant
yes but expanding the roof any further creates overhang, a lot of it, thanks to the grid. If there was a way to resize the roof independent of the grid, that'd be much easier. But as it is now it doesn't even overhang the wall enough to create a gutter. And unlike the regular gabled roof, you cant expand the overhang itself.

Ok, guess I'm not understanding. I see you have a roof trim chosen, and it looks like that particular roof is over a diagonal room? If so, you are using one of the diagonal roof types yes? There isn't really a grid lock on the roof structures, like there is for walls. Get the roof structure to completely line up with your walls on all 4 sides of the room. You can push and pull the 'pointers' every which-a-way after that. Basically, you have pointers to resize the roof in general, and arrows to re-angle (like if you are doing a barn roof?) and the arrows also let you slip just the roof pattern beyond the edge of the roof structure.

But to have it all line up with your walls, you have to stretch the roof structure edge right to the edge of wall, on all 4 sides, not beyond it. It kinda does a snap at that spot, well, it does for me. Then, if you want roof overhang, you pull the arrows (not the pointers) to slip a little of the roof covering past the edge of the wall without actually resizing the roof itself. You may need to remove the trim and work only with the roof structure first. Once that's all lined up with your walls, then start adding, stretching and pulling to do anything else you want. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure I'm really understanding what you're asking. If that's the case, I apologize.