Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 3:30 PM Last edited by Anady : 7th Jan 2017 at 1:16 PM. Reason: Solved!
Default [SOLVED] 'Market' lot assignment in-game?
Anyway, TL;DR: How do I go about making a home neighbourhood market in-game?

So with Nraas Traveler mod, Market and Market Small are available from the community lot type list.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 6:37 AM
Hi Anady
I am not sure what you mean by market, since people use different terms for different things. Grocery store? Shop? Market like in World Adventure?

In game, if you go to edit town, you can pick a lot and then zone it residential or community. Community has a pull down menu for different lot types. If this is what you wanted to do, and need a suggestion for which community lot to choose, please post again.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Hi Anady
I am not sure what you mean by market, since people use different terms for different things. Grocery store? Shop? Market like in World Adventure?

In game, if you go to edit town, you can pick a lot and then zone it residential or community. Community has a pull down menu for different lot types. If this is what you wanted to do, and need a suggestion for which community lot to choose, please post again.

Sorry, I thought I was being obvious here
WA markets, 'small market' 'big market'. For dropping all my wee registers on, and have the lot actually show up as market and attract sims.
The drop-down menu doesn't have that option not even with the enableLotLocking cheat, just a few blanks and academy or whatever.
The sims wikia states "Certain lot assignments are only available in certain sub-neighborhoods, such as market", but I'm just so sure I've done it in-game before.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:40 PM
What kind of a world do you build in, and have you changed your exp somehow?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
What kind of a world do you build in, and have you changed your exp somehow?

I'm building up Oleifsborg by KennziKaige. Just a normal home world.
I solved it by using Traveler.. skipped that one in my mod collection before as I didn't realise it had the option to build any type of lot in any world.

Change my expansion, what exactly do you mean by that now.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:51 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 6th Jan 2017 at 11:13 AM.
You could have uninstalled one or perhaps use a program to select what exp to use.

There is different world types. The usual kind is suburban. There might be some settings that make it impossible to make a market lot in that world. I made a market in my world Stranda, but that was the standard suburban type. You could just try another world and see if you can make a market there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You could have uninstalled one or perhaps use a program to select what exp to use.

There is different world types. The usual kind is suburban. There might be some settings that make it impossible to make a market lot in that world. I made a market in my world Stranda, but that was the standard suburban type. You could just try another world and see if you can make a market there.

Aye it is the usual world, not a travelling destination or nothing. Markets are not available in those, unless placed and assigned in CAW.
Nraas Traveler mod makes all types of lot available in all kinds of worlds in-game. Got my little market :D

(Also, is there a way to mark this as [Solved] in case someone else is looking for a solution?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 3:02 PM
@Anady You can edit your first post to add [Solved] to the title.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 4:23 AM
Out of curiosity, do you know what happens to the cashiers when they are assigned to a WA register? I was testing a lot recently and put down the food register from WA. The lot was zoned "hangout". When I checked on the sim a while later, he was standing in a (pee) puddle. If I left him for a few days, would he have died from hunger? Hangouts, like Markets, do not close. Does this mean the sim at the register cannot take care of his needs since he is on duty forever? Is there a way around this?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
@Anady You can edit your first post to add [Solved] to the title.

Done, thanks!

@attuned

I think that's what may have happened. Even service sims and role sims have needs, they should show up at work with needs full automatically as I can gather - but if he can't go home that's probably not gonna happen.
I don't know a way around it other than perhaps using one of Twallans mods to set his needs to max and static forever?