Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2017 at 8:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2 CC Crashes - Windows 10
Hello, MTS. After two months of simming in my new Windows 10 laptop that runs well, i ran into a problem this morning.

Earlier today, I installed the Radiance mod for its' automatically generated Userstartup.cheat file. When I run the game, i got this error instead. I have uninstalled said mod, both by uninstalling and deleting files left out by its' uninstaller. I also deleted cache files just in case. It still doesn't work and my game kept crashing in that same point.

I have tried deleting the Downloads folder, but it still crashes. Tried using the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, but still crashes. Deleting Cache files didn't yield any results. As was restarting Windows.

As for my laptop, I am using a Dell Inspiron 7460 running Intel Core i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz with Intel HD Graphics and 8GB RAM. It also has NVidia GT870M but it won't launch if i use NVidia, so the game runs with IntelHD Graphics instead. Used Intel GraphicRules. My Windows 10 was last updated in May 14th, before the update, the game still runs well. I suspect that it's Windows Update that caused this,

Any solutions? Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2017 at 11:34 AM
It is not the Windows Update - I have never had any problems with any updates.

I use the radiance mod as well - so imo it has to be your graphics card here - you need to force it to use the NVidia, I think. Have a look at the article in my signature - you may also be able to find more help on Leefish.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2017 at 12:50 PM
I tried to use the NVidia graphics rules and forcing the game to run on NVidia. Still won't run in NVidia (Direct3D E_INVALIDARG! error)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th May 2017 at 7:23 PM
That message is likely to be something in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 - but not Downloads as you said you took that out. You say you installed the Radiance Lighting mod? Try deleting the userStartup.cheat file and maybe the files in Cameras. Then try running the game. It should make new versions of those files for you.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc