Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 8:18 PM
cheers Numenor
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 4:18 AM
Whoaa! Awesome. I didn't know creating a painting could be this easy. xD
But, one question, I made a painting of Fall Out Boy and it stilled flipped the image even though I told it not to. DX Did I do something wrong?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#278 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 4:32 PM
Sometimes the images get flipped by default, and therefore you have to click the "Flip" option, in order to fix this behaviour.
There is no general rule: some paintings are flipped and some others not; if you have a flipped result, just set the Flip option to the opposite state.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#279 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Sometimes the images get flipped by default, and therefore you have to click the "Flip" option, in order to fix this behaviour.
There is no general rule: some paintings are flipped and some others not; if you have a flipped result, just set the Flip option to the opposite state.

Thank youu.
Test Subject
#280 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 4:25 AM
The time has come
thank you thank you thank you thank you i am soooo happy. ive been trying to do this for like ever. i can do this now YES!!! :lovestruc . i have soo many emotions that have to put almost all of them!!!!

Ohh how i wish i was a good at mkeing clothe adn spelling :P
Field Researcher
#281 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 5:38 PM
I've dug through this thread looking for a solution. I see others had the same problem as me. That they'd follow the tutorial and create a new painting, but get in game and have to go under the original painting's selection. I want to make a thumbnail for my painting, a description as well as adjust the cost and environment. Is there an easy way to do this? I'm new to the SimPE and can't figure it out, nor could I find the answer when others asked along the same query. Is there another thread I can be directed to, or does anyone know how to adjust these? I want to disassociate my painting from the original.
Test Subject
#282 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wiccadwitch
Hi the tutorial is great but I do have a question. How would one find the paintings that sims make such as still lifes in game in order to make buyable paintings from them? I have one in particular made by a sim of mine that turned out extremely well and I would love to make it a buyable painting.

Make a snapshot of the picture ingame, than edit your snapshot with your photo editor to the size and form you wish and go with it to SimPE...

P.S.
But I'd like to know answer on Gillianivy's question too...
Field Researcher
#283 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420
So, is the painting entirely different from the original or does it just replace the original with the same old description and price?

It doesn't replace it, it shows up as a recolor/alternate under the original. You have to keep the original's descriptions/price/etc.

My solution to easy finding my paintings is to put them all in their own new collections folder, and I upload that along with my rars. I put all my custom objects into a custom folder, so I never have to remember what is under what thumbnail.
Test Subject
#284 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:15 AM
Thank You!
Test Subject
#285 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:52 PM
eep i did all that it says in the above and it dosnt come up in my game ive cheacked ALL the difrent pictures so i know its not there what has happend??!

STUNT BORG RETURNS
Test Subject
#286 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:29 PM
ooooooooh never mind i got it yay!!

thank youuuuuu soo much for this thread im gonna go have a party and get drunk now thanks!!!

Stunt Borg...;/

STUNT BORG RETURNS
Test Subject
#287 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 6:17 PM
Thank you so much for the tutorial! Much love! :D
Test Subject
#288 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gillianivy
I've dug through this thread looking for a solution. I see others had the same problem as me. That they'd follow the tutorial and create a new painting, but get in game and have to go under the original painting's selection. I want to make a thumbnail for my painting, a description as well as adjust the cost and environment. Is there an easy way to do this? I'm new to the SimPE and can't figure it out, nor could I find the answer when others asked along the same query. Is there another thread I can be directed to, or does anyone know how to adjust these? I want to disassociate my painting from the original.

This is something I wanted to know as well, so I did a little more searching on SimPE's forums. Here's what I found:

http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/fo...ost/24543#24543

Essentially what you have to do is clone the item. Apparently that's not such a good idea though, because it will increase the resource strain for The Sims 2 to load the same mesh file twice. I don't really like recoloring for the same paintings, considering I want to add a lot of paintings, but what can you do? I just wish Maxis would have included an Art Studio for The Sims 2 like they did for The Sims 1. Would've made this process ten times easier and without headaches.
Test Subject
#289 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 9:59 AM
i need help
what pic is the painting on
Test Subject
#290 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 6:54 PM
I need help, I downloaded the SimPE and them CEP, but the picture bases won't show up, and it said something it couldn't find some kind of files, and it can download the correct files for me, so I clicked yes and it said there was an error and now I'm all confused. I still can't see the picture bases.
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 1:25 AM
I have read this a few times, and I dont know if it is me, but if there a way to change the environment/need effect on custom artwork. I can make custom painting just by using that option on the easel, and making sure my custom image is within the other base custom images size and canvas size. What I would like to do is actual have the images effect the environment and what not like ingame artwork.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#292 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 3:56 AM
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 3:59 AM
HugeLunatic,
Thanks for that, I will look more into it.
Test Subject
#294 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:39 AM
Muwahahaah! Yay! THANK YOU!

I've been looking for something this concise and simple!

Now to bog my poor computer (and game) down with even more images and custom content!
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 10:13 AM
YAY!!
I DID IT!
i made a picture and im going to upload it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it might be un-accepted...

Occasional Builder, Full time player. Check out my Let's Plays here!
Test Subject
#296 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 5:15 PM
I have installed CEP multiple times and Sim PE still says, "The CEP must be installed and has not be found." Any help would be much appreciated. =]
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#297 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 5:28 PM
Make sure that SimPE is not open or that your game is not running when installing CEP. If you installed your game to a location other than default you may need to browse to that location in SimPE. Under Tools/Preferences.
Test Subject
#298 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 12:09 AM Last edited by s.k : 31st Jan 2010 at 1:43 PM. Reason: added info
SimPE and the game wasn't open when I installed it. Neither was bodyshop, ect. All of my expansions are in their default places. I am still getting the same message. Help?
Test Subject
#299 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 4:33 AM
Thanks!

It's super clear your explanation!

Thanks again!!

:D

I LOVE THE SIMS 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:20 AM
Omg, this is REALY helpfull. I can create awesome pictures and probably upload here..
Page 12 of 13