Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 11:03 PM Last edited by waffle_master9000 : 9th Jan 2016 at 11:56 PM.
Default World In-Game Glitch - Lots with inventory items render as if empty from a distance
Does this happen with all custom worlds? Or is this just me? Am I googling the wrong terms?

I have this really annoying problem. Whenever I zoom out to world view (or even zoom out much at all), certain lots do not load. They do not load at a lower (lower quality) lod; the contents vanish as if the lot is still empty.

The only in-game cause I have found is that this occurs consistently with lots that have an inventory item of some kind (an elixir, a photo, a trophy, you name it) sitting on them somewhere. If I delete the item, the lot can render lower quality lods again. I don't want to have to do that, though. How can I have a crazy cat lady if her wall isn't covered in photos of her cats, huh? Or an alchemy shop without shelves of elixirs. It's like not living!!

Is it a custom world issue? Other CC? Graphics? Mods? Something deeper?

An important part of my world is how it looks, especially from the bird's-eye view. I don't really like entire lots looking like they were leveled...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 2:47 AM
I know what you mean, but you shouldn't let it annoy you if the world is just for you. I made a world and some of the lots and the trees don't render, but I can live with that, after all, it doesn't and won't effect gameplay.
Space Pony
#3 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 1:50 PM
It happens with my world as well. One lot in particular I don't want to be seen from the rest of the world. But from that lot I want to be able to see most of my world. So the slow rendering can be irritating. Or at times because I haven't built too many lots can give a slight heart attack because they haven't rendered. Plus if anything because you can't see everything at any given time it will cut down on resources the game is using for the game. Giving you a slightly better game play.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 9:09 PM
I can't remember what exactly causes that - something to do with the game showing you an "older" version of your world when zoomed out. Easy fix - simply Build/Buy on the lot & add a short fence or something to the lot. When you save it & return to game play, the game recognizes the "new" lot & renders it properly. Discovered that tip after lots I bulldozed & rebuilt on would show the bulldozed home/building on world view. Drove me nuts, so I googled for a solution. Darned if I can remember where I found it though :P
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 9:28 PM Last edited by simsample : 28th Apr 2016 at 10:04 AM.
Also, try refreshing your world caches. To do this, delete the WorldCaches folder from Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3. There should be caches for each custom world you play in there; you can either delete just the caches for this specific world, or delete the entire folder which will refresh the caches for all custom worlds.

You may notice some lag when you enter your world for the first time after doing this, as the game has to regenerate the caches.

@waffle_master9000
Space Pony
#6 Old 8th May 2016 at 4:52 PM
So if my little bit of gaming knowledge is correct that's just the LOD (Level Of Detail) all games have it, except maybe mobile games, but that's because their isn't a need for them. So LOD shows a detailed version of a character or object when your zoomed in close to it, but as you zoom out you hit a certain distance and you loose detail. Or in the case of the sims 3 your house disappears. I enjoy finding it, particularly in xbox 360 games, and playing with it. I die a lot because of it.