Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:58 PM
Default Possible to create a world without the standard grass and water?
I've been wanting to make a spaceship world of sorts. In my mind the best way to achieve that is to ditch the standard setup that CAW gives us and mesh something new. I am worried this endeavor would make problems for the game.. I'm not exactly sure how, it just could.

I did think about just creating a bunch of walls on a flat piece of land, but in my experience lots can't get too close to allow connection of walls.. Damn, can I not stop thinking about those outdoorsy sims. Anyway, if my endeavor is to create an actual ship as the whole world, then why not try to go all out?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 9:55 PM
You can replace all textures as you like. No need to stick to the standard ones. In fact, if you are not going to use them, you should replace them with ones you need.
Theorist
#3 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 10:55 PM
Well the connection of lots can be fixed with Bloom's CC. i'll re-upload it if you want

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Space Pony
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 12:50 AM
I'm not sure about the water. But for the grass you could replace it with a different texture by right clicking the image clicking edit than choosing a different texture file. Sorry I can't be of more help, I don't have my computer on me at the moment.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 11:28 AM
The color of the ground below water is just textures, be aware of the drain on low-end computers if you use lots of textures. I found it difficult to make good looking mountains and nature in general with only the amount of textures suggested by the Creator Guidelines . I used more than that for Stranda. You can also make them yourself if you know anything about Photoshop. Just download something from the net and do ajustments to it as you like. Be careful with tiling, try to look for seamless patterns. I would recommend having very flat looking textures and then just bland them using the brush when you apply. You will much easier avoid repeated patterns and tiling that way.

When it comes to water colour that is the very long and tedious process in the thread about sun and sky. Basically this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...8&highlight=sun
Be warned though, it's a lot of work to get it right. You can test it though, make sure you do it in a separate save in case you don't want to keep it. You may end up finding mods more useful. some people is just better equipped with the patience to test this day in and day out. It sure wasn't my cup of tea. There is some mods in the downloads section under mods, but you can also find some at: http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/tagged/lighting-mod