Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 9:21 AM
This game seems very fragile as to how you install something. I installed the patch and kept getting the "there's a new update available" via the launcher. I decided to UNinstall then reinstall. I assumed that since the new patch was version 1.22... (BG related) that everything would be fine. Things don't seem fine when you install out of order (so thanks EA).

So, after reinstalling via these steps (using "Alternate Method"):

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...S3_PatchingEPSP

Everything now works fine. However, I did have to do some "mod" removal and updates. Now, the game runs flawless. So, if anyone feels the need to follow suit....
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 4:43 PM
I have the same damn problem!! I got Generations a few days ago but I got it right after I installed the new game update. When I remove all my mods, it works like a dream. But I love my mods so much!! I am on a MacBook Pro. I just want to play so badly WITH my mods and WITH my downloads but it won't let me!!
My debug message reads...

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x00ce2279.
Do you wish to debug it ?
Yes/No

And again, clicking both yes or no shuts the game down!!

GRRR SO ANGRY!!!
I have tried un-installing and re-installing the game, taking all of my CC and mods off and putting them back on again slowly because, the game is crap without the mods and CC... but it still gives me that message!!

EA better get onto it bloody soon because I'm losing it haha!!
Space Pony
#28 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 12:53 AM
This just happened to me again. I'm about to scream. I just live-chatted with someone on EA and they told me to go to the forum (basically they told me "too bad for you") and disconnected. If it happens again, I'm going give them a call and they'll get to deal with me. I'm really not happy. At all. :/
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
For everyone with this issue, can you please test with a fresh set of user files- rename your Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 folder to OLDThe sims 3.

Also, I remember seeing this problem with Mac users on Spore- it was caused by Time Machine Backups, so it's worth seeing if you can find a connection there.

Hello i just wanted to put my 2 cents in. i've been having this same debug problem, but i know that, for me, it's not the time machine backups because i never had mine started unless it does the backups regardless of configuring or not. the time machine backup may be the problem for some but not me. i hope there is a solution found soon.
Test Subject
#30 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:33 AM
Hello, Same problem here with the same issue, for me it happens if I try to customise anything if it has a pattern that is in the 'miscellaneous' bin while decorating. Also in 'cas' if some outfit has a pattern that is in that bin, then everything just freezes and I have to shut down the computer. Also after the error message and "do you want to debug?" question, my screen goes black, and I have to shut down and reboot. I have done the 'userfiles' replacement thing and it does work for a while but as it is too horrible to play the game without the cc I slowly put it all back in and it all happens again. There must be something in a lot of the cc that is conflicting with this new ep. My daughter, also having the same problems and getting 'bald sim' syndrome as well, has deleted quite a few of her saved sims, and got her hair back! As long as she doesn't try to customise anything with patterns in the misc. bin she can play okay on her family. For me, I like to build, so it's more of a problem, as, if we click on anything that has a misc.pattern the game freezes. Maybe that might help some of you. Another issue that i have identified is that Sims3 Pack hairs work okay, ie, Newsea hairs but as soon as I put any hair in package files into my Mods folder the game will not load and I get the 'exception raised' error message. It does not seem to like a lot of 'wall' packages, some 'build' packages stop it loading as well. I have removed almost all of my '.package' files that are not clothes or cas related. I am assuming now that its probably a good idea to use Sims 3 Packs cc where possible, although I am not ruling out that a lot of the Sims 3 Packs might be causing problems as well. I have also noticed that I have to remove my 'Mods' folder before trying to put anything new into the 'Downloads' folder so that may be a help to someone too. I am on a MacBook Pro 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running OSX 6.7
Test Subject
#31 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:12 PM
I had this problem too, after I manually patched to 1.22. I have figured out that some of my mods are causing the problem. Remove your mods completely, if it works, exit out and place 1/4 of your mods at a time, testing. If it happens again, you know you have a problem mod or two. If all else fails, open applications. Go to utilities, and open console. Take a screenshot of all your errors, and send an email to EA with your problem and the Errors.
Test Subject
#32 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 11:04 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 3rd Jul 2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3567762, 3567799
Quote: Originally posted by Bchbch Walk
This just happened to me again. I'm about to scream. I just live-chatted with someone on EA and they told me to go to the forum (basically they told me "too bad for you") and disconnected. If it happens again, I'm going give them a call and they'll get to deal with me. I'm really not happy. At all. :/

I know! the live chat is useless, I was on there till 3 in the morning they are so retarded
-----------
Quote: Originally posted by pup3111
I have the same damn problem!! I got Generations a few days ago but I got it right after I installed the new game update. When I remove all my mods, it works like a dream. But I love my mods so much!! I am on a MacBook Pro. I just want to play so badly WITH my mods and WITH my downloads but it won't let me!!
My debug message reads...

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x00ce2279.
Do you wish to debug it ?
Yes/No

And again, clicking both yes or no shuts the game down!!

GRRR SO ANGRY!!!
I have tried un-installing and re-installing the game, taking all of my CC and mods off and putting them back on again slowly because, the game is crap without the mods and CC... but it still gives me that message!!

EA better get onto it bloody soon because I'm losing it haha!!

I have the same problem!!! So annoying!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:28 PM
I uninstalled all my customer content.. still I receive the error when trying to load my game.

Any more ideas?
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 2:36 PM
I have the base game plus Late Night, and the game ran fine before. I haven't played in a couple months and this morning I popped it in, it wanted to install updates on my base game and the EP so I let it, and now I get this debug error while I'm loading my town. Sucks.
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 9:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I never had this problem until I purchased GEN and patched it. I have all the expansion packs and all the stuff packs. I have tried removing my mods, running without custom content and clearing my cache files. It still happens. Has anyone had any luck?
Test Subject
#36 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
but EA do make a good effort to correct these bugs. The problem is that most bug reports they get through their technical support or forum are unreliable, as users are playing with custom content/ mods. This thread is a good example, an error is seemingly caused or at least exacerbated by third party modifications. And, from what I've seen, the EA Cider version of Sims 3 seems much better than the Aspyr versions of The Sims 2 were.

I^m sorry, I disagree, this problem has been there for a long time and patch after patch it didn't disappear. I play on an IMac, have switched off Time Machine, have installed the game to another account, have only store items downloaded and two authentic, bought copies of the game and no mods or packages from third parties and yes I get the SAME stupid error!!!!! I guess I'm just going back to Sims 2, too. This game is crap and I want my money back. They should've waited another two to three years before testing it on paying customers.
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:16 AM
Not true
Quote: Originally posted by CCBPEs34
I had this problem too, after I manually patched to 1.22. I have figured out that some of my mods are causing the problem. Remove your mods completely, if it works, exit out and place 1/4 of your mods at a time, testing. .

This is not true, I'm playing without any mods and I still get the error. Please don't post hastily wait a bit and the error is going to come back.
Test Subject
#38 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:35 AM
You know what I even got the error today, I have reinstalled everything yesterday on a new account (MAC) not on the admin's account any more, because that gave me another error.
I haven't even played (only installed and opened the launcher) and when I went to the store today to buy this (http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...ategoryId=11959) I got the "exception raised" error when I installed the hair.
I hope this helps.
I don't think this is game related but launcher related, since I haven't even played one second or loaded the game and still I already got the error.

As to other information, playing on IMac 10.6.8, 4 GB, I have installed the Sims 3 and Generations, both bought not downloaded, I have downloaded only items from the store, I have switched off Time Machine (not just deactivated it), and there is nothing in the account that I installed the game into I created the account only for the game, if that matters.

You guys forget about removing your CC, it's the game itself if store items can be trusted to work!!! I'm so annoyed with this. We should all bombard EA with letters as it is surely not okay to sell a half-working game for that much money and having people there who are paid to solve this and they clearly don't since this error has been reported for what? Two years now?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#39 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:01 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 16th Dec 2011 at 1:00 AM. Reason: corrected the numbering
I encountered this for the first time today after patching to 1.29.

Did the standard troubleshooting of Repairing Permissions, removing caches, and refreshing Preferences, and it worked.

It actually works after the first thing I did - that of Repairing Permissions - but I did the rest just to be thorough.

Here's the full paths. If you don't have some, that's fine just continue on to the next.
  1. repair permissions
    • /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility, "Repair Permissions"
  2. delete preferences
    • /Users/<Username>/Library/Preferences/The Sims 3 Preferences folder
  3. delete caches:
    • <diskname>/Library/Caches/<anything with Sims 3 in it>
    • /Users/<Username>/Library/Caches/<anything with Sims 3 in it>
Field Researcher
#40 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 10:10 PM Last edited by iheartcowcapoos : 1st Jan 2012 at 10:53 PM.
i am at my wits end here. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely TWICE. this message used to come up every now and then when i was in CAS, and now that i've reinstalled all games for the second time, the error comes up at the sims 3 title loading screen. i cannot even load my game anymore! i took out all of my mods because i uninstalled/reinstalled, so mods arent the problem. i have verified and repaired permissions. i have deleted all cache files. i couldnt even delete sims 3 preferences because none were there after reinstalling the game! i havent gotten to play at all since! i don't know what is going on and this all started after i installed pets. i'm on the latest patch (1.29) i am running osx 10.7, but i wasn't having any problems previously UNTIL i installed pets, as i have mentioned. i ejected all ext hard drives/ usb jump drives, i have turned time machine back up off. again, none of these ever caused any problems before, but i tried anyway. NOTHING WILL WORK!! i cannot even play my game anymore! i've searched the web and EA just says to reinstall your games I ALREADY DID THAT, THANKS EA!!! i am just getting so frustrated here. i just want to play!

WHY CAN'T EA MAKE A GAME THAT WORKS?!
what pisses me off even more is that i've found people complaining about this error on EA support forums and they date back to 2009!!!!! SERIOUSLY EA?! after 2 years you haven't bothered to freaking fix the problem yet?! what a POS and poorly run establishment.

i'm getting so frustrated after trying all kinds of remedies and yielding no results, i'm contemplating just installing the stupid game on my windows partition instead, which is incredibly sad because after how much money i've spent on these games i shouldn't have to resort to something like that
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 9:22 PM
Ugh I have every game and expansion installed and i keep gettin that error. NO custom content or Mods at all. just flat out game and expansions/stuff packs. This is completely ridiculous. Did they NOT know that Lion was coming out? I mean seriously, No problems at all on my imac with snow leopard. The only thing that works is when I run it on windows 7.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 5:09 AM
I'm live chatting right now with someone named Satender. Dude, your name sounds like a robot. Anyways, these are the steps he told me to follow:

1. Click the Start button and select Documents.
2. Select the Electronic Arts folder.
3. Right-click The Sims 3 folder and select Cut.
4. Right-click on your desktop and select Paste.

I interrupted him and told him that I've already done this, many times, and it has not work. He proceeded to tell me that it's worked "for many customers, please try again." I refused, nicely. He then gave me another set of steps:

Custom Content is all Sims content that did not come from an official The Sims 3 Update, The Sims 3 Store, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack. Custom Content is created by 3rd Party Developers that are not regulated by Electronic Arts or The Sims 3 Development Team and may not work with new updates. Custom Content may cause the game to behave unexpectedly or not function entirely.

To disable your custom content, undo whatever you did to install this content to get your game back into an unmodified state. If you placed it in a Sims 3 directory folder, move it to a new folder that is outside your Sims 3 file directory. Your Sims 3 file directory can be found using the paths listed below:

Windows File Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Mac File Directory: User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/

Once you have installed the official update you may re-enable your custom content. If you experience problems, disable it again until the 3rd party developer updates their content to work with the official Update, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack.

Weeeeeeeell, I had already done that. Didn't work. So he said:

Delete the game preferences folder for a fresh start.
Sometimes, issues can be traced back to settings specific to a game going awry over time. Deleting your game's preferences folder will force it to create a new folder with the default files and settings intact.

From the system's desktop, select the Go menu along the top of the screen.
Select the Home option (short cut: Shift, Apple, H)
Open the folder labeled Library followed by the Preferences folder.
Find and delete the preferences folder for the game in question.
Now, the next time you play the game, it will load with default settings and will create a new preferences folder.

Oddly enough, my Library folder isn't listed under Home. So I searched for it in the Finder and there wasn't a Preferences folder, but there were 13 .package folders in there. He told me to delete the Library folder, and when I confirmed, he said not to delete the Library folder. So I left the files inside untouched because he told me to leave them alone. Then he told me to uninstall the game, make a new Apple ID and reinstall the game:

Can you also please try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it under a different MAC admin account.
1) Delete the "[Game Name]" icon from your Applications folder.
2) Delete the additional files can found in /Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/[Game Name] Preferences/p_drive, including your saved games.

Creating a new user account:
1) Click on the Apple Menu select System Preferences.
2) From the View menu, select Accounts.
3) You may need to click the Padlock icon to allow changes.
4) Click the + icon to create a new account.
5) Log into the new user account and reinstall the game.

I refused to do that as well, because I have quite a few devices synced up to my iMac and I'm not about to redo all of that. Nor do I want to sit for the millionth time and uninstall and reinstall ALL my Sims games. So he said:

Sadly, the last step I have available for this issue would be to manually remove the game from your computer and reinstall it by following the instructions below:
1. Drag The Sims 3 icon from your desktop to the trash bin.
2. Go to Users\[username]\Library\Preferences and delete the Sims 3 preferences folder if it appears.
3. Go to Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts and move the Sims 3 folder to your desktop.
4. Finally, go to Users\[username]\Applications and delete the Sims 3 folder there.
5. Control-click on the trash bin and select Secure Deleted, restart your computer, and reinstall The Sims 3.

Which I told him I did already and it didn't work. So he proceeded to tell me:

Lets check for errors and make sure the permissions are set;
1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc that came with your computer, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)
Note: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.
3. Click the First Aid tab.
4. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
5. Select your Mac OS X volume.
6. Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Well, I don't have an install disk with my Mac. I don't know why. Maybe if I had bought it from the Apple store and not Best Buy? No idea. So I told him I don't have a disk. He then asked me how I'm able to play the game without a disk. Somewhere in those two minutes he forgot that he had just told me to insert my INSTALL disk. Next:

apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Please perform the following troubleshooting tips :-

1. Please make sure you are installing MAC version of the game through your DVD.

2.If you are already installing Mac version of the game then I suggest you to check your DVD by installing the game in another MAC system. If the game install in another system then there must be problem in your Mac system and you will need to contact your system manufacturer. If the Game doesn't install in another Mac system then the game disk must be damaged or defective. To acquire a replacement game disc you will want to refer to your manual for warranty information specific to your product.

Sure... because I have nearly two grand to spend on ANOTHER Mac product just to test 300 dollars worth of Sims games. Yea dude, we're all rich. He asked for my EA ID, first and last name, and then asked if I could please uninstall and reinstall the game. What's the point of doing it over and over and over if it doesn't work the first 10 times? He has now said:

It appears that you are no longer available for this chat session; hence, I am concluding it. If you have any more question or concerns, please feel free to contact us again and we would be glad to us assist you further.

Funny, I was the one waiting for his next response. It wasn't the other way around. I feel like hitting up the live chat again, only this time more angry. See if any of those steps helped you guys, as they have not helped me.
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 11:29 AM Last edited by rosidbon : 21st Feb 2012 at 6:03 PM.
I have emailed the following to EA. At least I think I have,the page jumps a bit when I press 'send' but I don't get any acknowledgement that is HAS sent.

I have all The Sims games, EPs and Stuff packs since the beginning of Sims, in duplicate, as my daughter plays as well. Not an inconsiderable amount of money spent already plus most of the custom content from the Sims store adding another couple of hundred pounds. So, you can imagine that I am not best pleased with the fact of The Sims 3 Pets being such a shoddy product that it has rendered the game unplayable. i bought 2 copies of the disks in October and have been trying ever since to get the game to work properly. Both my daughter and I have been experiencing almost every conceivable problem with this game. Having played (sic) since the very beginning of the Sims you must know that I have to be very experienced at troubleshooting it as every time you bring out a new EP, Stuff Pack, Game patch, they invariably DO NOT WORK out of the box and cause considerable problems to almost every serious player. The Sims 3 Pets is by far the WORST of them all and I really feel that it was a huge mistake to put this game out before you had made sure that it was playable.
My most infuriating problem at the moment is that the game will not allow me to make a family in CAS. I can get so far, but then I get the 'black sim' syndrome, the icons all get screwed, and a few seconds later the 'unhandled page access, do you want to debug?' message comes up and the game quits no matter which option I choose. It's bloody infuriating! I have tried everything to fix this. Here is a list of my troubleshooting.

Dedicate the memory to the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB card
Delete all cache files,
Refresh the Sims 3 preferences folder
run Disk Utility
delete any caches in User/Library/Caches/ Sims 3
Remove all cc
Play a 'Vanilla' game
Re- install everything
Put in another 4GB of Ram, now at full capacity 8GB

Nothing works!!!!!!
I am playing on;
MacBook Pro 2009
OSX 10.6.8
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB memory
NVidia GeForce 9400M 256 MB
NVidia GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB

I have not found ANYONE online who has had any sensible or usable help from any EA Guru to help with ANY of the myriad problems with this EP. So I would be delighted if you have a WORKABLE solution to this problem. The community is calling it, 'Exception raised....debug...Blah, blah...' on all Forums to be found on the net. It has been 'flagged' and 'bumped' on all forums for months with absolutely ZERO response from EA, or the occasional seriously ill informed and dangerously stupid suggestion. As I have done everything i can think of to try to fix this, including completely un installing the Sims 3 and all EPs Stuff Packs + ALL folders and files relating to the Sims 3, ( I HAVE done this both through the Sims Uninstall and manually) , this particular problem is still happening so it can't be a corrupted file, and it can't be down to any cc because there is no cc in the game. Please remember that I am playing on a Mac when you reply to me, I have had many Gurus suggest things to me without taking in that fact in the past.

I look forward to hearing from you

If it has indeed 'sent' and I do get a response I will post again.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#44 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 4:51 PM
Can I ask everyone who has been having this ongoing issue and have tried everything else, to confirm or disprove Kayleena's findings in https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468741, please? Thanks!

And that this solution is repeatable and works on everyones' games; no matter the world, or the OS version or Sims patch version?

Post with following info, please.
- works! / didn't work
- CPU, RAM, GPU
- MAC OS version
- base game version
- save based in <what world>
- game exist since patch version: <patch#> / new game since patch 1.31 (if new game, did it not work with existing pre-<patch#>-patched game?)
- which did you remove? AM / MC / both / any other mod
- other info to share?
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 5:42 PM
Default My game is hosed!
I've never had so many problems with anything in my life as I have with the Sims this weekend. Yesterday I was in Riverview(?) and noticed that it kept pausing over and over every few seconds. Got very frustrating. Decided to return to Sims 2 since I am borderline hating Sims 3 anyway. Sims 2 crashed after 5 minutes of play. Spent 3 or so hours uninstalling/reinstalling everything to see if it would work fresh out of the box. It didn't. Still crashed after 5 minutes. But I digress...

I come back to Sims 3, looking into the pausing thing. Decide to try a different town. This time I go to the default town. I can't remember its name. The one that comes with the base game (which, by the way, is all I have installed). Play for 5 minutes, which were actually "pause-free" which gave me hope. Then BLAMMO, I get the "Exception Raised, Debug?" thing and it crashed.

I am on Mac OS X Lion. MacBook Pro i7. 8GB of ram. Only have the base game and a few custom content clothes and hair. It worked fine until this weekend.
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Are all of you having this Exception Raised error on a Mac? Which OS X version?

And you're starting the game via the Launcher?

And you patched to 1.22 series? For base game only or all the packs?

I have the exact same problem and I'm hating it. Sometimes I haven't saved my game and then I've lost so much!

I also work on a MacBook Pro, mine is just Snow Leopard, since my dad read somewhere that Lion clashes with the Sims 3.. I really think Generations or Pets is the problem, before that I never had any trouble
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 12:13 AM
I'd like to say on here i've been over on the sims 3 forum and have said a lot there. But cc is not the problem. YES CC IS NOT THE PROBLEM!! So remove cc will not make this problem go away it's a problem with cider the thing that makes the sims run on Mac's unfortunately from talks with EA they refuse to even notice this problem and have said that the problem is a problem the user created, which is false! I have not created this problem i'm like any other player how just creates sims, play there life out, makes houses. I want to know how does that create problems? it doesn't EA creates problems. Sorry for the rant but it just frustrating when you can't play
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th May 2012 at 8:42 PM
I have this same issue.
only two days ago have i only just started using CC. i used to just use all the store brought content and i have this debug issue.
at the minute i'm having to save ALOT just to counter act the fact that at any moment Sims could crash and i could lose hours of hard work ( Building houses is hard work!)

It drives me mad. i have the latest patches and all expansions other then Fast lane, Show Time and Master suite. I am up to date with patches and keep searching for a cure to this issue but still can not see one in sight.

I used to love the sims... then sims 3 happened
hehe i'm kidding but it is a pretty infuriating bug

- Mac OSx snow leopard version 10.6.8

when i can afford a new computer its going to be a PC all the way
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:56 PM
i have this behavoir too, since moved from W7 to MAC bevor few days. on W7 was laggy but never saw "exception raised" error. fortunatly i have on W7 the tools to analyze the error. 99% of the "exception raised" errors had the cause of LAA (Large Adress Aware), means the wrapper (cider) under OSX isnt able adress more than 2GB of virtual memory.
this is my explanation of the problem ... someon with the same experiences here?
Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 3:15 AM
I have had it up to here *raises hand above head* with TS3.

I've never ever had issues when playing the game on my Mac (Snow Leopard, v. 10.6.8) until last week. I'm playing with TS3 Base, Generations, Pets, World Adventures, and Late Night (and yes, I installed them chronologically and not in the order I posted them in). I have NO stuff packs, NO custom content, NO mods, NO time machine, NOT logged in/connected to the internet when I play. The only thing I can think of is that I've got Riverview, Hidden Springs, Lunar Lakes, the Loads of Laundry expansion, the IAMs pet stuff (came with the game) and a couple bonus items (all from the EA store, supposedly patched with the latest game update, which I have) I've reinstalled at least 3 times, and I continuously get the exception raised error. I've tried deleting all my cache files (per the instructions in one of the posts above), and it will not work. I can get about 30 minutes of game time in before the game just freezes. All other background applications continue to run without issue (aside from the fact that I can't get out of the game using any key combinations), and I usually end up shutting my computer down and waiting an hour or so before attempting to run it again.

Is this just something I'm going to have to deal with? Am I going to have to uninstall EPs or bonus worlds to get this to work? I don't care what I have to do, just so long as I can get my game to start working again.

edit: According to the game launcher, I'm running version 10.0.96.015001 of the game. Also went through and deleted Saves, SavedOutfits, Exports, Recorded Videos and Screenshots folders. ----> Are there any other folders worth cleaning out? Can you delete files whose names contain "Cache" but are .package files?
Page 2 of 5